Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

IndianaJet

43 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I feel like Moore is going to be an absolute monster. Was a little slight coming in, hopefully moves the same with the added weight, but think I saw he’s up to 190 and that’s a perfect spot for him.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Mike White is great, as long as we never have to play the Bills again...oh wait....

The Bills defense was #1 overall last year and #1 vs the pass. Only three quarterbacks eclipsed 250 yards against the Bills defense last season: Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes (twice), and Mike White. Zach Wilson, famously, went 7 for 20 for a wee 87 yards against that same Bills defense, with 40 of those yards coming on a busted coverage against Keelan Cole. I bid you good day, sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills defense was #1 overall last year and #1 vs the pass. Only three quarterbacks eclipsed 250 yards against the Bills defense last season: Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes (twice), and Mike White. Zach Wilson, famously, went 7 for 20 for a wee 87 yards against that same Bills defense, with 40 of those yards coming on a busted coverage against Keelan Cole. I bid you good day, sir.

And yet he’s the one trying to keep his spot on the roster 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Strongly disagree here. Imo, Fant is on the left side primarily because he gets little to no push in the running game and is simply not comfortable playing on the right side. Becton could be better on both sides of the line, but the difference is just far more glaring on the right. Fant is at least solid in pass protection. This is why Fant is next to the all pro and Becton is next to the second year player. Becton is also easily the backup LT. They’re actually in better shape at LT as a result. 

We’ll see on Fant’s extension if/when it comes. Saleh may have no ties to Becton, but he was JD’s first draft pick ever and you have to think he’d love to resign him. I wouldn’t resign Fant. I see him as a liability in the run game. If Becton has a bounce back year, I move him back to the left side and replace the RT with a mauler. Even as a backup, Fant is limited as strictly a LT. I’d want a more physical player as my swing tackle. 

I get that the Becton is eating himself out of the league crowd is having a little difficult time with him being a full participant on the first day of training camp, and that narratives need to be adjusted, though. 

From the “well-timed, passive aggressive quote” department:

I think you’re placing a little too much importance on having a “mauler” on the right side, particularly in this offense. The Niners play Trent Williams on the left side, who may possibly be the best run-blocking tackle in the history of the sport and, incidentally, that same “all pro” guard you referred to was lined up next to that same Trent Williams the last few seasons, so I’m not sure how that counts as some demerit for Fant.

Fant is the unquestioned OLT because he gave up one sack in 594 pass plays last season, playing in front of a pack of QBs who loved getting sacked. He’s simply better than Becton as a pass blocker—particularly with the evidence Saleh has personally witnessed. If they felt like Fant wasn’t capable of repeating what he did last year, or felt like he was personally dragging the running game down, they would have drafted Ekonwu at 4 and made Becton the starting left tackle this season. Instead, it appears that Saleh couldn’t wait to throw him over on the right side, (coincidentally where they drafted a future starter in the fourth round). 

Regardless of the perceived “narrative” around Becton, you simply cannot consider him to be reliable in any way, shape, or form, and it’s a coin flip as to whether or not he earns that fifth year option next offseason. Kudos to Becton for losing the weight in rapid order, but we’ve seen that before when he showed up to the Combine looking like a freak, then subsequently turned into a bowl of melted butter. I think you have to sign Fant just to account for the likelihood that Becton can’t keep it together.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Maybe it's just Lawson's elite level of "almost got to the QB" initial speed?

He's a guy known for getting pressures, but not sacks.  So he's good at getting past O-linemen, but not to the QB as much.

Seems I'd expect that kind of initial-speed DE to do well in padless-no-contact practice vs. a guy whose primary strength is in fact his size and strength and hands.

Plus, Becton was primarily great as a rookie in the run game.  Not the passing game.  So passing D was Bectons weakness as a pro all along.

Here is what I want to see:  Becton, starting, in preseason Game #1.  How many pressures and sacks does he give up then. 

That's what interests me.

According to camp reports, Chuma Edoga is handling Lawson just fine this camp, with no pads on

Mike White is great, as long as we never have to play the Bills again...oh wait....
I wonder if we can still get Brett Ratliff into camp to compete for QB3.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Gonna happen when you got Superbowl winning DB’s like Jordan Whitehead. This ain’t yesterdays Jets. 

Fo sho!

We floated some resources in that secondary... I'd be a little upset if I wasn't seeing some back or forth.  

No interest in being back off the pack on ints again.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Now compare their supporting casts when they played the Bills . . . 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Seahawks for a second or third round pick. They need a QB.

It'd be nice. I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer our old friend Eugene. But hopefully the birds want to do business again. 

Just now, tfine said:

Mike Whites Weapons vs the Bills:
Corey Davis
Elijah Moore
Braxton Berrios
Jameson Crowder
Michael Carter

Zach’s Weapons vs the Bills:

Keelan Cole
Jameson crowder
Tarik Black
Michael Carter for a quarter.
Tyler Kroft

Have a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

“ Seriously T?”

-  Tarik Black 

• Haha 1

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to First Jets/Giants Joint Practice Since 2005 @Albany
  • nycdan changed the title to *** 8/25 Practice *** First Jets/Giants Joint Practice Since 2005 @Albany