Jump to content

Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)


IndianaJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tom is going to win this bet. Unless the Jets D is awful again (Sauce would have to look like a bust and no pass rush or run D) the Jets are going to try to run the ball down the throats of every team they play. Zach is going to have like 18 to 22 pass attempts a game and a number of them are going to be of the short variety 

Garoppolo in his only full season passed for just shy of 4K with 27 TDS.  Last season while missing a few starts he was over 3,800 yards.  
Never mind Little LeFleurs offense is more GB than SF.  They will run but to set up the passing game.  I don’t agree with those who seem to think that the Jets will be a ground and pound offense 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone else ever watched Mike White’s every throw videos from last season?  He struggled with anything but short throws.  
 

I don’t think it was a conspiracy he got benched, or a surprise the Jets kept him.  
 

He’s got potential but he wasn’t ready to start yet.   If he looks like a long time backup after camp they will keep him.   If he doesn’t grow he’s getting cut.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look Mike white earned the back up spot no doubt. And Zach has to show he is better. Simple. I'm a zach fan, but let's not pretend he was good last year. As expected he was a rookie. This year he should show and will show improvement. I believe he is our next great qb, but Mike white should be the back up and payed great last year. Flacco should be cut he contributed nothing 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

 

 

  I’ll throw another 25 to St Jude’s if T0m wins this. 
 

I’m not taking any of the action that @jgb will need to chase people down lol.  When I thought JGB was gone forever I had no doubt he’d come back pay the Red Cross if Zach gets to top 16 on QBR for the Jets though.  

I remember a bet but I forget the terms, can you link it?

And I always pay up. Hypothetically, since I’ve never lost a bet on here.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So is every post you don't agree with a disease. It's really interesting  because 50% or more of the posts don't agree with your overly optimistic view

He's playing at being the new SAR.  Just ignore him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Garoppolo in his only full season passed for just shy of 4K.  Las season missing a few starts he was over 3,800 yards.  
Never mind Little LeFleurs offense is more GB than SF.  They will run but to set up the passing game.  I don’t agree with those who seem to think that the Jets will be a ground and pound offense 

After our last exchange, I'm not even sure why I'm  bothering but this is my thinking. 

The plan this season should be to run the ball as much as possible. You have a QB that was statistically last or close to last in the entire league, you have a RT who hasn't  played for a year and the last time he did play he was a LT, you have a RG who played LG last season, you have a new LG, you have a LT who hasn't  even stepped on the field, two new TE's, Rookie WR, RB, and CB all who will most likely  play a serious amount of downs. That isn't  what you want to start with and run the KC offense. We will probably  transition to a more open style of O but a number of things will have to click before that happens. It's  more likely next year we see a wide open O

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's playing at being the new SAR.  Just ignore him.

SAR is probably still here. He had to retire that name due to uh… a crisis of credibility.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Look Mike white earned the back up spot no doubt. And Zach has to show he is better. Simple. I'm a zach fan, but let's not pretend he was good last year. As expected he was a rookie. This year he should show and will show improvement. I believe he is our next great qb, but Mike white should be the back up and payed great last year. Flacco should be cut he contributed nothing 

Mike White will not be the back up.  He will be the 3rd string QB.

The reason he will be the 3rd string QB is because that is his talent level.  Y'all have seen him play two games - 

One where he had a magical performance and one where it was an all-time bad performance - so bad he had to be pulled from the game.

The coaches have seen him for 4 years.  They KNOW what he is - your two games vs. their 4 years.

I like him, glad he's on the team - but thinking he's anything more than what he is and has been is simply wrong.

and none of it has anything to do with Zach Wilson.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

After our last exchange, I'm not even sure why I'm  bothering but this is my thinking. 

The plan this season should be to run the ball as much as possible. You have a QB that was statistically last or close to last in the entire league, you have a RT who hasn't  played for a year and the last time he did play he was a LT, you have a RG who played LG last season, you have a new LG, you have a LT who hasn't  even stepped on the field, two new TE's, Rookie WR, RB, and CB all who will most likely  play a serious amount of downs. That isn't  what you want to start with and run the KC offense. We will probably  transition to a more open style of O but a number of things will have to click before that happens. It's  more likely next year we see a wide open O

I didn’t say run the KC offense.  I’m just saying SF passes more than people think, GB certainly is a pass first team and that’s where the offense based.  
The OL will be fine as long as Becton can play RT effectively.  AVT has played RGnin college I believe, says he’s comfortable there, not seeing that move as problematic.  I don’t think the OL will have any bearing on the ability to pass the ball, it’s ZW getting the ball out on time.  
The WRs and TE additions say pass the ball ore than run every down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, maury77 said:

He threw 2 picks today along with picks the last 2 days. Also, is someone actually tracking the yards thrown? I don't think I've ever seen that in practice. 

I'm guessing  some of those picks were in situational drills and those camp #s applied to just the full team scrimmages.  *shrug*

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didn’t say run the KC offense.  I’m just saying SF passes more than people think, GB certainly is a pass first team and that’s where the offense based.  
The OL will be fine as long as Becton can play RT effectively.  AVT has played RGnin college I believe, says he’s comfortable there, not seeing that move as problematic.  I don’t think the OL will have any bearing on the ability to pass the ball, it’s ZW getting the ball out on time.  
The WRs and TE additions say pass the ball ore than run every down 

See, you are expecting all this change to just fall in place easily. I am not. I think we don't  see a cohesive  team until at least game 8, possibly longer. The smart thing to do is run the ball. Oh, you might want to talk to Darnold about the OL not having a bearing on a QB's ability  to throw the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See, you are expecting all this change to just fall in place easily. I am not. I think we don't  see a cohesive  team until at least game 8, possibly longer. The smart thing to do is run the ball. Oh, you might want to talk to Darnold about the OL not having a bearing on a QB's ability  to throw the ball.
I agree they will need to to really gel. But they should be expected to exceed expectations occasionally before

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

See, you are expecting all this change to just fall in place easily. I am not. I think we don't  see a cohesive  team until at least game 8, possibly longer. The smart thing to do is run the ball. Oh, you might want to talk to Darnold about the OL not having a bearing on a QB's ability  to throw the ball.

I’ll make it clearer, I don’t think this OL will have a bearing on the passing game.  They passed the ball a year ago with an OL that was less talented.  With less talent at WR along with zero talent a TE.  They look like a passing team to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I like how we are supposed to pretend that white sucked just because in buffalo he sucked like every other qb, he was out performed by only the very best2 qbs in the league and balled out the other games .. somehow losing in buff mean he sucked? No way I know the team wants Zach, but Zach still has not played better than white. Also we are supposed to think flacco played any good at any time?

Just let flaco go already and let White be the back up 

 

Every other QB who played Buffalo threw 4 picks? 
 

wow, crazy. The Bills must have been undefeated 

Balled out the other games? What games? He’s only played two complete games as an NFL starter - Bengals and Bills. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ll make it clearer, I don’t think this OL will have a bearing on the passing game.  They passed the ball a year ago with an OL that was less talented.  With less talent at WR along with zero talent a TE.  They look like a passing team to me. 

How is this for clear. 

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/

The Jets ranked 19th statistically in passing. That doesn't sound like a successful  passing team but I am sure you will still argue we were. 

Those SF teams you quoted didn't  have the turnover thos team has at skill positions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

 

I wasn’t explicitly looking to disparage Zach Wilson. I was saying that if your red line for deciding whether a QB can play in this league is how they performed against the 2021 Bills defense, Zach did not meet that criteria and, in fact, only Mahomes and Brady did.

That said, I will happily make a bet that Zach Wilson doesn’t throw for 250 yards combined in his two games against the Bills this season.

I would also happily take this bet.

seems pretty doable. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Look Mike white earned the back up spot no doubt. And Zach has to show he is better. Simple. I'm a zach fan, but let's not pretend he was good last year. As expected he was a rookie. This year he should show and will show improvement. I believe he is our next great qb, but Mike white should be the back up and payed great last year. Flacco should be cut he contributed nothing 

There’s been a lot of talk about Zach Wilson being the worst QB on the roster last year but what seems to get overlooked by the Mike White supremacists is that he was easily the second worst. The corpse of Joe Flacco completed 64% of his passes for 338 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions good for a passer rating of 113 last year. Josh Johnson had a passer rating of 99 putting up very similar stats, but throwing one int. HoF favorite Mike White put up a passer rating of 75 with 5 TDs and 8 ints. His int% was double that of Zach. We really need to stop pretending that he was -or will ever be- great. 
 
The Jets screwed up when they went into the season without a seasoned backup. As soon as Zach got hurt, they fixed that by traded for Flacco. As soon as Flacco was up to speed in the offense, he played and Mike White sat on the bench and watched Flacco play better than he did. 
 
Also, Braxton Berrios is good. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s been a lot of talk about Zach Wilson being the worst QB on the roster last year but what seems to get overlooked by the Mike White supremacists is that he was easily the second worst. The corpse of Joe Flacco completed 64% of his passes for 338 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions good for a passer rating of 113 last year. Josh Johnson had a passer rating of 99 putting up very similar stats, but throwing one int. HoF favorite Mike White put up a passer rating of 75 with 5 TDs and 8 ints. His int% was double that of Zach. We really need to stop pretending that he was -or will ever be- great. 
 
The Jets screwed up when they went into the season without a seasoned backup. As soon as Zach got hurt, they fixed that by traded for Flacco. As soon as Flacco was up to speed in the offense, he played and Mike White sat on the bench and watched Flacco play better than he did. 
 
Also, Braxton Berrios is good. 

all those qb had the benefit of the OL settling down after switch to zone which I think was the #1 problem 1st half of the season.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...