Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

After our last exchange, I'm not even sure why I'm  bothering but this is my thinking. 

The plan this season should be to run the ball as much as possible. You have a QB that was statistically last or close to last in the entire league, you have a RT who hasn't  played for a year and the last time he did play he was a LT, you have a RG who played LG last season, you have a new LG, you have a LT who hasn't  even stepped on the field, two new TE's, Rookie WR, RB, and CB all who will most likely  play a serious amount of downs. That isn't  what you want to start with and run the KC offense. We will probably  transition to a more open style of O but a number of things will have to click before that happens. It's  more likely next year we see a wide open O

Agree with this. They need to triage the Zach Wilson Experience, and the only way they can do that is by running the ball until it pops. They went out and got three new TE’s, they paid huge for a guard, they moved Becton over to the right side, and they drafted a back high. It won’t be ground and pound, but it is gonna be the Broncos offense when Peyton’s head was falling off of his neck.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets fans really are the best fans. 

C1B38DB4-ED8A-4D73-B3A4-AF145D340C47.png

About right for the DC area. Been to a number of football games there and the parking lot is fun but inside the stadium is tame. 

Not just football either.  Been to a bunch of caps games to watch the islanders and the fan base isn't very passionate, they have no interest in exchanges with me wearing islanders gear. 

Conversely been to about 50 blues games... those fans are awesome.  Especially when I wear islanders gear... lots of fun hearted banter. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How is this for clear. 

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/

The Jets ranked 19th statistically in passing. That doesn't sound like a successful  passing team but I am sure you will still argue we were. 

Those SF teams you quoted didn't  have the turnover thos team has at skill positions. 

First line has a nice friendly tone.  

The idea that we’re the same team as a year ago, that we will have the same personnel on the field is wrong so last years numbers mean little.  We had a rookie QB, rookie staff, little talent on offense and WRs who could stay on the field.  We didn’t have a QBs best friend, a TE on the roster worth a damn in the passing game.  We drafted a WR at 10, signed 2 TEs so we’re more talented in the passing game.  Add a QB with a season under his belt, more at ease in this offense to a staff and scheme that likes to pass the ball.  

This isn’t arguing, this is an opinion.  You need to see the difference or respect another POV.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Garoppolo in his only full season passed for just shy of 4K with 27 TDS.  Last season while missing a few starts he was over 3,800 yards.  
Never mind Little LeFleurs offense is more GB than SF.  They will run but to set up the passing game.  I don’t agree with those who seem to think that the Jets will be a ground and pound offense 

The Jets are building an offense around Zach designed to lean on the QB as little as humanly possible in the NFL. They are nestling him in a cocoon of comfort, with the same QBs as last year and the only addition on the OL being a clear upgrade. Keeping Fant at LT helps Zach’s development because it’s one less thing he has to think about, Becton next to AVT on the right is designed to road grade. 

Skill position-wise, what have they done? They let two WRs walk and added a top prospect from the draft. Something of a push, there as Crowder and Cole combined for 79 catches and 896 yards. They added two starting caliber TEs in free agency and added another in the draft, two out of the three being very solid blockers. After having some success with last year’s fourth round pick at RB, they trade up this year to take the top RB in the class. 

They very much intend to pound the football this year. It’s all about ball control and keeping it as simple as they can for Wilson to grow. 

25 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s been a lot of talk about Zach Wilson being the worst QB on the roster last year but what seems to get overlooked by the Mike White supremacists is that he was easily the second worst. The corpse of Joe Flacco completed 64% of his passes for 338 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions good for a passer rating of 113 last year. Josh Johnson had a passer rating of 99 putting up very similar stats, but throwing one int. HoF favorite Mike White put up a passer rating of 75 with 5 TDs and 8 ints. His int% was double that of Zach. We really need to stop pretending that he was -or will ever be- great. 

The Jets screwed up when they went into the season without a seasoned backup. As soon as Zach got hurt, they fixed that by traded for Flacco. As soon as Flacco was up to speed in the offense, he played and Mike White sat on the bench and watched Flacco play better than he did. 

Also, Braxton Berrios is good. 

Don't believe your lying eyes..eh??

Flacco gave us no shot of winning...white moved the offense and played well. I mean if your position is that flacco was better and is better than Mike White this year as well as last, we might be way to far apart to agree but I don't think any serious person would say flacco was playing well. 

White is a good back up cause he can run the offense and ot washed up.

Berrios is a great WR4...isn't it nice that as predicted and wanted by me that he has been replaced by draft pic in the depth chart??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets are building an offense around Zach designed to lean on the QB as little as humanly possible in the NFL. They are nestling him in a cocoon of comfort, with the same QBs as last year and the only addition on the OL being a clear upgrade. Keeping Fant at LT helps Zach’s development because it’s one less thing he has to think about, Becton next to AVT on the right is designed to road grade. 

Skill position-wise, what have they done? They let two WRs walk and added a top prospect from the draft. Something of a push, there as Crowder and Cole combined for 79 catches and 896 yards. They added two starting caliber TEs in free agency and added another in the draft, two out of the three being very solid blockers. After having some success with last year’s fourth round pick at RB, they trade up this year to take the top RB in the class. 

They very much intend to pound the football this year. It’s all about ball control and keeping it as simple as they can for Wilson to grow. 

They let two WR go, one added next to nothing to the roster the other was undependable, hard a hard time staying on the field.

I agree, they’ve surrounded him with talent.  That’s what needed to be done to improve the passing game.  The leagues best passing offenses all have QBs surrounded by talent.  J Allen improved with the addition of a top of the league WR, they didn’t rely less on him.  
I have no doubt the running game will be relied on.  IMO to set up passing game with play action and to keep the D honest, not to bring back ground and pound.  

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao, this is the comment that sent this thread into a frenzy?  Got to give credit where credit is due, this takes talent.

You can tell how high the Zach Wilson Anxiety Index is by the amount of fury an innocuous Mike White post elicits. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Don't believe your lying eyes..eh??

Flacco gave us no shot of winning...white moved the offense and played well. I mean if your position is that flacco was better and is better than Mike White this year as well as last, we might be way to far apart to agree but I don't think any serious person would say flacco was playing well. 

White is a good back up cause he can run the offense and ot washed up.

Berrios is a great WR4...isn't it nice that as predicted and wanted by me that he has been replaced by draft pic in the depth chart??

Flacco is a corpse and hasn’t won a game since 2019. He’s been cashing checks for the past five years and hasn’t been able to challenge for a job since Lamar Jackson mercifully ended his Baltimore career. He’s here solely because he poses no threat to Zach Wilson’s job security.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Flacco is a corpse and hasn’t won a game since 2019. He’s been cashing checks for the past five years and hasn’t been able to challenge for a job since Lamar Jackson mercifully ended his Baltimore career. He’s here solely because he poses no threat to Zach Wilson’s job security.

Neither does Mike White.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reality be damned, I’ve got propaganda to publish! 

• Upvote 1