Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

IndianaJet

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s because, on my timeline, this was the last tweet I saw before going to expel last nights dinner #AlternativeFacts:

"All-name team member" is a weird way of writing "future Hall of Famer".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Rehabbing?

TF does that have to do with Becton being beat like a drum?

Sounds like the entire line collapsed today. Fant is a part of the O line no? As is AVT? Last time I checked it's not just Becton. I don't understand the obsession with sh*tting on this guy all day every day but it's annoying.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Last year, the reporters made sure to mention if the ball was being held too long.  Haven’t heard a peep about that so far this year.  It sounds like they’re just getting beat.

These are actual pressure.

Overall Zach still seems slower to process on certain plays than Flacco and White but I don't see if its a function of the coverage. 

• Post of the Week 2

22 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

These are actual pressure.

Overall Zach still seems slower to process on certain plays than Flacco and White but I don't see if its a function of the coverage. 

Thanks for the notes!  It could definitely be coverages, but only the coaches would be able to answer that.  Sauce and Reed, by all accounts appear to have sticky coverage and the first string pass rush sounds lethal, especially against our makeshift T situation rn.  Will be interesting to see how they perform on Monday with the pads on.

IMO, the reports on Zach definitely sound better than last year (as they should).  I’ve seen and heard a lot less “holding of the ball too long” and more “in the structure of the offense” plays whereas a lot of his highlights from last years TC were improvised plays.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

First line has a nice friendly tone.  

The idea that we’re the same team as a year ago, that we will have the same personnel on the field is wrong so last years numbers mean little.  We had a rookie QB, rookie staff, little talent on offense and WRs who could stay on the field.  We didn’t have a QBs best friend, a TE on the roster worth a damn in the passing game.  We drafted a WR at 10, signed 2 TEs so we’re more talented in the passing game.  Add a QB with a season under his belt, more at ease in this offense to a staff and scheme that likes to pass the ball.  

This isn’t arguing, this is an opinion.  You need to see the difference or respect another POV.  

Pot, meet kettle. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Thanks for the notes!  Could definitely be coverages, but only the coaches would be able to answer that.  Sauce and Reed, by all accounts appear to have sticky coverage and the first string pass rush sounds lethal, especially against our makeshift T situation rn.  Will be interesting to see how they perform on Monday with the pads on.

IMO, the reports on Zach definitely sound better than last year (as they should).  I’ve seen and heard a lot less “holding of the ball too long” and more “in the structure of the offense”   plays whereas a lot of his highlights from last years TC were improvised plays.

Probably the hardest thing for a young, fairly mobile QB like Zach is to learn to go through your progressions and give the play a chance to develop, not run at the first sign of trouble. From the early returns, it sounds like that is what he has learned and has started going through the progressions faster. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Seems like the every day Zach has 1-2 bad plays but otherwise been very good

Honest question, do QBs of other teams go 100% completion with 0 INTs in every one of there practices? Asking cause I don't follow other teams practices...

Seriously, Jets fans in general need to accept QBs can make mistakes or bad throws, it's not the end of the earth. The question is, does he look better than last year? And next year, the question is has he improved upon the prior year? And when he noticeably stops improving, the question is "can we win with him"?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson is ten times the prospect that Mike White is, and Mike White should not be challenging Zach Wilson for the starting job.

This would be profound if he actually was challenging for anything more than a roster spot

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

Honest question, do QBs of other teams go 100% completion with 0 INTs in every one of there practices? Asking cause I don't follow other teams practices...

Seriously, Jets fans in general need to accept QBs can make mistakes or bad throws, it's not the end of the earth. The question is, does he look better than last year? And next year, the question is has he improved upon the prior year? And when he noticeably stops improving, the question is "can we win with him"?

Of course not.

Better question, do other fanbases live and dies with every tweet of a completion or incompletion?  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look at this disgusting hater 

Nah, in all seriousness, I agree with him.  Zach had, what I felt, was his first “not so great day” today at practice.  I think a function of that is the defense for the reasons I listed above, but he’s still young and learning too, so there are things Flacco or White both see/know/understand that he doesn’t.  It would be silly to ignore that.

As I said before, Monday will be interesting because when the pads go on, you see more running plays which forces the defense to play more “honest”, and the OL can get more push.  The secondary sounds MUCH improved with Sauce and Reed, but if the OL can hold up more against the pass rush, longer routes can develop and the WRs can get more separation. When that happens, route runners like Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson should flash more.

• Upvote 1

Right side of the line is gonna need some time to gel. Both these guys havent played these positions in a few years.  But what i can tell you from what i saw today its not just becton. Good news though run blocking looks good. No pads tho so we will see.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nah, in all seriousness, I agree with him.  Zach had, what I felt, was his first “not so great day” today at practice.  I think a function of that is the defense for the reasons I listed above, but he’s still young and learning too, so there are things Flacco and White both know and understand that he doesn’t.  It would be silly to ignore that.

As I said before, Monday will be interesting because when the pads go on, you see more running plays, and the OL can get more push.  The secondary sounds MUCH improved with Sauce and Reed, but if the OL can hold up more against the pass rush, longer routes can develop and the WRs can get more separation. When that happens, route runners like Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson should flash more.

you been going? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Right side of the line is gonna need some time to gel. Both these guys have played these positions in a few years.  But what i can tell you from what i saw today its not just becton. 

Honestly, this is probably what is going on.  Even I can admit that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

you been going? 

Not yet.  I’m on call this weekend for the ole day job.  I’m looking to go as soon as possible though, possibly even as early as this coming week.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Serious question for you if you are there.  Are the OL “struggles” OL related, or do we look like the defense from last year that was in the top of league in sacks before everyone dropped like flies?

and there are no pads

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Seems like the every day Zach has 1-2 bad plays but otherwise been very good

IMO those 1-2 bad plays can be Zach's best growing opportunities.  Gets to see what went wrong and correct them.  So as not to have them happen in real game situations.  

The good throws shows off his arm talent and potential.  

For me...it's all about enjoying the ride.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I think kind of as you’re getting at, padless practices are going to be tough to evaluate the offense. If we follow resource allocation, to me it looks like they want to be effective running the ball and on easy throws (Hall pick, Tomlinson signing, Conklin/Uzomah signings, even can stretch and say Wilson as a YAC WR), suck defenses up, and then attack.

I don’t know how much they’ll run out Conklin and Uzomah together but IMO two but security blankets for the QB who he can get the ball to quickly, block to get the run game rolling, and make it easier to disguise run/pass intentions are pretty ideal for QB development from a bunch of different standpoints.

It’s also great that Moore and Wilson theoretically have the speed, hands, and agility to be dangerous at multiple levels of the field and Wilson has the arm to attack deep and the release to get the ball out quick.

Get really, really good at the easy stuff and, make defenses pay when they try to take it away, and build confidence doing the harder stuff in the process.

Exactly; I couldn’t have said it better myself.  We’re looking to be SF-East and that means being a very balanced offense that uses the run to set up the play action pass.  The Shanahan system is extremely complex but, man, when it’s mastered and implemented properly I don’t think there is a better offense in football.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Can't wait for all our pre season sack masters to get no sacks in the regular season,

Better not be true.  Cause this will also mean the OL is a porous sieve too.

I lean towards the LOS practices are sharpening each other.  And will be capable of holding their own and then some come the real games.

• Upvote 1