Jump to content

Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)


IndianaJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, yvj said:

Wish there was a little more substantial football knowledge coming out of the coverage. Like a bad pass by Zach is he not seeing the coverage, is he gunslinging, is it bad mechanics, what? It makes a big difference.

If the online is giving up sacks, does it look communication issues, bad technique, QB holding the all too long, one weak link in the chain, is the talent on the dline just superior? 

If I'm going to start foaming at the mouth I need a little more meat on these bones

Don't worry.  KRL goes to Monday practice.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, yvj said:

Wish there was a little more substantial football knowledge coming out of the coverage. Like a bad pass by Zach is he not seeing the coverage, is he gunslinging, is it bad mechanics, what? It makes a big difference.

If the online is giving up sacks, does it look communication issues, bad technique, QB holding the all too long, one weak link in the chain, is the talent on the dline just superior? 

If I'm going to start foaming at the mouth I need a little more meat on these bones

That sabo kid is the only opinion I read 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, Zach was the worst QB in football against man to man and when pressured, and that seems to be continuing into this camp. The biggest quibble I had against drafting him was that he didn’t face pressure in college because all of his linemen were corn-fed 28 year olds, and we weren’t going to know how Wilson responded to a pass rush until he started games in the pros. We saw what that looked like. Can he improve on that? Maybe? But it’s not exceedingly likely because it’s largely instinctual, and Zach has awful instincts for the position. 

If you go back and watch his 2019 game vs U of Washington with a halfway decent pass rush and DBs actually capable of making plays on the football, it’s a pretty good foreshadowing of what Wilson would look like in the pros 

Just completely panicked and overwhelmed when pressured in the pocket

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thank you, we literally just had this exact same argument over the phone.  😂 

No no no, our argument was whether or not DJ Reed’s INT was/would have been a pick six, which it was:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If you go back and watch his 2019 game vs U of Washington with a halfway decent pass rush and DBs actually capable of making plays on the football, it’s a pretty good foreshadowing of what Wilson would look like in the pros 

Just completely panicked and overwhelmed when pressured in the pocket

Cool story.  Log in with another account to agree with it.  Nothing weird about that. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Here are the two bounce-back TDs that Zach threw after the pick to DJ Reed.  Two very good throws.  Encouraging to see Zach attack the middle of the field.  You saw last year in TC and early in the year (pre injury) that he was more hesitant to throw into those lanes (note: that is very typical for a rookies).  Towards the end of the season, you saw him do that far more effectively and often, which was very evident on film, particularly the TB game. 

Good stuff.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

We let the Jets know we were ready to cover camp. So far we are shut out.

This is like the AMD anti-trust lawsuit vs.Intel 

AMD Won $1.25 billion from Intel for withholding access and customer intimidation 

With respect to customers and partners, Intel must not:*

Lock out AMD to secure total Intel exclusivity, 

limiting, delaying or constraining marketing, promotion, launch, advertising, production, distribution, sale or branding

I believe NYJETS.com wants to be top dog among Jet fan sites.  
 

Revenge Of The Sith Power GIF by Star Wars

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

 

Here are the two bounce-back TDs that Zach threw after the pick to DJ Reed.  Two very good throws.  Encouraging to see Zach attack the middle of the field.  You saw it last year in TC and early in the year (pre injury) he was more hesitant to throw into those lanes (note: that is very typical for a rookies).  Towards the end of the season, you saw him do that far more effectively and often, which was very evident on film, particularly the TB game. 

Good stuff.

Mike Sando was on a podcast this week talking about his QB list and had a very interesting take on Jimmy G and this offense.  He said a big part of the reason Jimmy was so good in shanahan's offense is his agressiveness in attacking the middle of the field and how important that is off play action.  He thought it would be a struggle for Tua since he doesnt have the zip to fit the ball into tight windows over the middle of the field.  Zach definitely does have that arm talent so Im really looking forward to seeing him attack the middle of the field with Garret and Moore and our TEs.

As for the pressure thing - I havent watched the washington film but Id have to imagine JD and LaFleur were able to see something that maybe us fans didnt as if it was that clear that he cant handle pressure Id guess he wouldnt have been considered a top 5 pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...