Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I know it's TC, but Zach still dirting check downs to RB's is a concern.  It's always mechanics when that happens and it was a real problem last year that I'd hoped he cleaned up this off season.  Keeping it in context, it's one TC pass - just a little triggered.

We don't know that's what happened.  At least I haven't seen a video or any credible person say he was doing that.

Connor Hughes, who has, unfortunately,  turned into a ZW Troll, said he did that a couple of time - but by every other account he was under pressure and seemed to be throwing the ball away.

Don't get me wrong - if he is still doing that it's a HUGE concern.  and a BID RED light should start flashing if he's regularly dirting the ball on hitch passes and throwing behind people on 10 yard ins...To me, that is far and away my biggest concerns I have for him.  If seemed to have fixed that the last 5 weeks or so - but if it comes back I will start to be very concerned - even if during practice.  

Throwing the ball away in the face of pressure - and getting in the vicinity of the RB is not a problem.  The defense wins reps too, rather see him throw it away than take a sack or force a bad throw.

• Upvote 4

The tackle situation is not good. What are the odds that Fant and Becton both stay healthy and perform at a high level? The offense isn’t going to do much if the bookends are allowing free pass rushers consistently. 

I know, I know, Douglas couldn’t have paid a little more than Baltimore offered to keep Morgan Moses…

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

what a ridiculous throw!

Great throw for sure.  Thanks for sharing.. 

Would love to see those two drives that ZW headed up.  Where are the problems....

We know Zach has an amazing natural skill-set and plays like this will fill out a highlight reel.....Just when I'm hearing his missing five yard passes again I get real concerned.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The tackle situation is not good. What are the odds that Fant and Becton both stay healthy and perform at a high level? The offense isn’t going to do much if the bookends are allowing free pass rushers consistently. 

I know, I know, Douglas couldn’t have paid a little more than Baltimore offered to keep Morgan Moses…

I think the assumption is that Moses wanted to start, and he wasn't going to get that here barring injury.

Starting on a team expected to be in playoff contention > being a back-up on the Jets

Some things aren't always just about money.

• Upvote 3

That Moore bomb from Zach….thing of beauty.  That’s the pro day throw that everyone salivated over.  Except in pads and live action.  

If you tend to favor optimistic interpretations of pretty much meaningless stuff, you could definitely say that it’s positive that some of the “traits” are starting to transfer to real situations.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Gee guys, it was great to see them out there in pads today!

Everyone looked great, it’s obvious the CS has the team right on schedule!

Zach looks terrific, I’m sure he’s going to be fun to watch this year!

Woody is back, which is great, and I’m thankful for Joe Douglas!

I’m going to play some golf now!

#pvo

This is a bit like Bit's bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Why do Pee wee football kids practice longer then pros....

asking for a friend 

Hell our HS practices from the early 2000’s would be banned by the Geneva convention. Salehs practices make Herms look like navy seals training.

• Haha 3

Just now, Warfish said:

Pee Wee football kids don't have a collective bargaining agreement.

CBA allows for 2.5 hours in pads. Todays was about an hour under that with the starting QB getting 6 plays in 11-11 work. Just entirely unacceptable for a team trying to develop a green QB.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He had a guy in his face on every throw.

He needs to start hitting them still, but it’s tough when you’re back pedaling,

Its hard to tell where the blame lies without seeing the play. Did the pressure get there in under 3 seconds or did the QB hold the ball too long?

• Upvote 2