Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

IndianaJet

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If they’re hiding Zach in practice then what is it going to look like in the games?

The Jets are hiding Wilson in practice? What exact purpose would this serve?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

CBA indicates a padded practice came be 2.5 hours. Wilson getting two series of reps in teams seems minuscule when he clearly needs the work.

Shut up you whiny bitch

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Gee guys, it was great to see them out there in pads today!

Everyone looked great, it’s obvious the CS has the team right on schedule!

Zach looks terrific, I’m sure he’s going to be fun to watch this year!

Woody is back, which is great, and I’m thankful for Joe Douglas!

I’m going to play some golf now!

#pvo

Momma there goes that Green Ghost!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Being a complainer =/= being a troll.

The word "troll" has really lost it's meaning.

How about just keeping scrolling past his posts, rather than calling him a troll? Or just challenge his opinions, like Warfish is doing.

Yep , not a troll , definitely a whiner . 

20 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Tough to tell exactly when practice “starts” and ends but using the extremely scientific method of beat writer tweets for comparison purposes, seems the Pats practice was somewhere around 1 hour 40 minutes (Mac Jones threw 9 passes in 11v11 and 6 in 7v7), whereas the Eagles practice was around 1 hour and 10 minutes (Jalen Hurts 11 passes in team drills). Not going to check anymore teams because good god that was boring.

Actually that's really cool you checked, and useful info IMO.  Thank you!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson getting two series of reps in teams seems minuscule when he clearly needs the work.

Two series of unscripted reps where he called plays.  He had more than two series of reps in practice today.  The two three and outs and the series where he hit Moore deep are at least 3 series.  And there were other throws/plays he made in teams.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Weird that Zach was flushed out of the pocket by a defense that stopped playing, and that Moore's defender was in the frame 50 yards downfield after "pulling up" at the snap

50 minutes ago, slats said:

If the defense is pulled off on a defensive offsides penalty, then they have much bigger problems. The defense should immediately be cued in to the fact that the offense has a free play in such an instance and is likely to take a shot. They should be on alert, not the other way around. 

I tend to doubt they pulled off, though. 

It was my presumption considering Moore was so wide open on a play where offsides occurred. Lovely throw by Zach Wilson. 

18 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Sorry - but this is BS. I don't care if you think Zach Wilson is worse than Brooks Bollinger or going to be the next Mahomes. He is a 2nd year QB with multiple new weapons and he needs more than seven fn throws. Change the practice structure so the number of snaps isn't dependent on the success of the drive. Give Zach 10 plays, than let Flacco + White have 10 plays split between them. 

People always mention during QB competitions how a prolonged competition is tough due to having to split snaps. I can't imagine that seven throws would be sufficient even if there is a competition but there is none here. Screw the existing structure and let the kid throw the ball more - the entire season depends on it. If Flacco is in we're screwed anyway and I'm pretty sure after 15 years he doesn't need the reps. 

Not to belabor this if I'm the only one who cares but look at this: 

Admittedly this may include things like 1 on 1s - I have no idea. But that averages out to ~17 throws per practice and our boy is throwing seven...

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Sorry - but this is BS. I don't care if you think Zach Wilson is worse than Brooks Bollinger or going to be the next Mahomes. He is a 2nd year QB with multiple new weapons and he needs more than seven fn throws. Change the practice structure so the number of snaps isn't dependent on the success of the drive. Give Zach 10 plays, than let Flacco + White have 10 plays split between them. 

People always mention during QB competitions how a prolonged competition is tough due to having to split snaps. I can't imagine that seven throws would be sufficient even if there is a competition but there is none here. Screw the existing structure and let the kid throw the ball more - the entire season depends on it. If Flacco is in we're screwed anyway and I'm pretty sure after 15 years he doesn't need the reps. 

‘ere

alison brie weed GIF

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tooooon said:

Understood that practices are shorter under the CBA and there is more to football than passing the ball…..but there is NOTHING more important to the Jets success than ZW getting reps right now.  2 series makes no sense.

giphy.gif

Agreed.

Go read year 2 of Mahomes in TC he was throwing the ball 100 times a practice INT’s everywhere until he figured it out then the INT’s stopped.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Jets fans...I could post that Scarlett Johansson just blew me and people here would find something negative to say..

That said Zach should not really be splitting reps I agree on that

I would be beyond negative that it wasn't me Scarlett decided to "entertain".

• Upvote 3

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to First Jets/Giants Joint Practice Since 2005 @Albany
  • nycdan changed the title to *** 8/25 Practice *** First Jets/Giants Joint Practice Since 2005 @Albany