Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

I’m going to add that seeing the end of practice 3 and Outs by 1st team Offense included two runs for a total of zero yards really chaps my ***.  That’s supposed to be the biggest strength on offense vs the biggest weakness on D and in crunch time the OL gets slapped in the face.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think I see this slightly differently.

Zach gets hurt - Jets immediately go out and sign Flacco.

By all accounts they signed Flacco to start - Mike White would then be JF's back up.  He was forced to start White as JF wasn't ready - and then White had the hall of fame performance. So he got another start.

Mike White wasn't a rookie - he's been around the league 4 years.  JD knew what he had in him and with that knew he needed to get someone else to fill in for the 4 weeks Zach was going to be out.  Flacco was the logical choice.

I believe Flacco is back to be the #2 because the Jets don't have faith in Mike White being able to carry the team if Wilson goes down for an extended period of time.

Lastly, I think last year was a calculated risk that didn't work out for JD.  Roll with youth in the QB room - knowing they were going to live or die with Wilson - If he doesn't get hurt they save $3mm to $4mm...If he does then you go out a make a move and give up a late round pick. It didn't work out for them - but, under the circumstances, I was okay with that gamble.

I pretty much agree with this. I think that if JD could have signed Flacco before the season started for what he thought was a reasonable price he would have. Flacco thought he still had a shot at the Eagles job.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lith said:
9 hours ago, Lith said:
9 hours ago, Lith said:

The first two completely contradict the third tweet. Year 1 was Wilson flashing his off-script abilities while being extremely poor with pocket presence, staying on script/taking what the D is giving, and throwing the football accurately and consistently.

Bouncing a swing/screen pass to a RB is definitely not what I want to see in year 2. Hell, I didn't want to see it year 1. 

I love how bent out of shape some of us get over literally nothing.

"Their padded practice was an hour less than it was allowed to be today harumph this is completely unacceptable"

They're  going to run things their way, not yours. Maybe it works out maybe it Doesn't, take the clamps off your b@!!$ ?

Worst case scenario:

we suck again GIF

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

All I'm saying is that's how the Jets see it.  

Neither of us know "how the Jets see it" tbqh.  We can only speculate.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I would rather see White than Flacco for sure.  But that's probably because I've only seen White twice.  They see him every day.

Hopefully we don't have Zach go down, so we'll never know who they'd play in such a case.  /fingers crossed

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Becton looks good. No he looks bad.  OL having a good day. Wait, just gave up two sacks.  Wilson is hot.  No, he just went 2-5 in goal line drills. How do these tweets tell anybody anything of value?  I wish the writers would write a summary of practice when it ends rather than these real time snipers of  

In short, we need KRL

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

2-11 in his last 13 starts.

Lets see, that's a 15 % win rate since he became a backup QB.

I'm pretty sure other QB's would provide a better chance to win than that.

Well. Onside ring the Jets had one 2 win season and a 4 win season what kind of win percentage should we have expected.  

15 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Damn Zach has a beautiful release, regardless I hope this kid can get it together so we as jet fans can throw his success in every skeptic’s face!

It would be nice to finally have a franchise Qb that we don’t have to worry about 

Honestly I don't like this stuff. Jets fans are a big family. We yell, we scream but when the team finally wins there should be no I am a bigger fan because I believed in ____ player.

We just enjoy the success when it gets here.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

In short, we need KRL

It is frustrating, @KRL was ready willing and able to cover camp.  The Jets haven't given us the approval yet.

Won't matter too much longer, once the Green and White gets here, camp reports are kind of over. The first week is the most important, along with the first few days of pads. As I said, so frustrating.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

In a controlled environment, with no threat of actually getting touched by a defender, Wilson looks to be failing in the same areas he was last season:

Holding the ball too long, then throwing it up for grabs so as to try to avoid a sack, having no clue where to go with the football, struggling to accurately execute basic staple WC passes like slants, dirting dumpoffs and screens, etc.

Saleh and the “calm down” crowd’s response:

Take a chill.  Back off.  once live hitting is allowed and the stakes get real, that’s when you’ll get Mormon Mahomes.

35 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Are they on again today?

Yup.  Pretty sure they are practicing again today.  I think today's session is open to the public so there should be plenty of updates.

I will start new thread for today and merge this with prior day threads a little later this AM.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1