Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

MIMSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its happening jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!

If ZW goes the full 90 minutes without an int, are you going to do that excited puppy squirt pee thing?  ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The field is the same for everyone though. They want a softer league with more scoring. With the CTE issue being real, not sure what other choice they had.

I think $500 million dollar contracts means you understand you have a high chance at CTE it’s your choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The field is the same for everyone though. They want a softer league with more scoring. With the CTE issue being real, not sure what other choice they had.

I’m praying one of the Saudi Princes falls in love with football and pulls a LIV golf thing offering 1 billion to all QB’s ?  NFL needs to be taken down about 100,000 pegs.  I love Football but really starting to hate the NFL.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That was Connor Hughes' speculation in his interview with GreenBean.

If he is looking good, why trade him?  Davis is likely in his last year here unless he really blows it up this year, and is making 12 million per year.  We would need a replacement next year and Mims will be cheap to keep for the next two years

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The CTE evidence is actually very flimsy. Just because someone has CTE does not necessarily equate to certain behaviors but it is a convenient narrative.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

If he is looking good, why trade him?  Davis is likely in his last year here unless he really blows it up this year, and is making 12 million per year.  We would need a replacement next year and Mims will be cheap to keep for the next two years

I'm with you on this.  Just because he's WR5 (if so) at the start of the season doesn't mean he won't see the field.  Last year we had injuries to every one of our top WRs.  Gotta have talent 5-deep at least.  Hughes was speculating that if someone offered JD a 3rd or possibly even a 2nd for Mims (depending on how good he looks) JD might take the pick.  

If he looks that good, and even if he only gets 30 catches behind the other 4 guys this season, he'll still be worth something after the season.  

The guy most likely to attract trade interest during the season would be Bryce Hall.  Hughes suggested that if the Jets like what they see in Dunn and Echols, they might be okay moving Hall for the right package.  I think it's premature to speculate much on that.  Let's see how preseason develops.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

We need Mims to do something...anything...for this team.

Why is that?  With Moore, Wilson, Davis, and Berrios on the team, why is  Mims so important?  He's a luxury now in case of injury or trade bait if he has a good camp.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to emerge, but it's not essential at all

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm with you on this.  Just because he's WR5 (if so) at the start of the season doesn't mean he won't see the field.  Last year we had injuries to every one of our top WRs.  Gotta have talent 5-deep at least.  Hughes was speculating that if someone offered JD a 3rd or possibly even a 2nd for Mims (depending on how good he looks) JD might take the pick.  

If he looks that good, and even if he only gets 30 catches behind the other 4 guys this season, he'll still be worth something after the season.  

The guy most likely to attract trade interest during the season would be Bryce Hall.  Hughes suggested that if the Jets like what they see in Dunn and Echols, they might be okay moving Hall for the right package.  I think it's premature to speculate much on that.  Let's see how preseason develops.

last year final 53 had 7WR, 4RB, and 4TE and they pretty much went thru all of them.

• Upvote 3