Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

IndianaJet

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Well, if they only roll with 2 QBs, then Mike White will be out of a job because, inexplicably, Flacco is QB #2

What scares me about White as a potential #2, is that the next game that he starts and takes all the team's offensive snaps will be his first.  He missed snaps to injury in every game -- gave way to Johnson for a few snaps against Cincy, got hurt early and missed most of the Indy game, and then got inured late against Buffalo and missed the Miami game the next week.

I want a #2 who can be a #2 and not a guy who is just a bridge to #3.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jethead said:

You may be right but I think this is being way overblown because of last year.

He spent all last year trying his best to overperform and live up to his and everybody else's expectations. I don't care what he said, look at what he did. Just like at BYU after his first year, doubters emerged, in this case they were there from Day 1 but just got louder. After his injury, season 1a, he started to settle down and make progress.

He is physically talented and, I believe, tough minded enough to persevere, and now he has a chip on his shoulder (a good thing). The Jets are doing everything for him they didn't do for Sam and he's a far better horse to ride. My money's on the kid (figuratively before some anti-Zacker wants to bet me).

Yes, I agree - I think things are being a bit overblown because of last year.  QB's miss throws - that's the nature of the NFL - even 65% completion rate means 35% of them are incomplete.

By all accounts he's playing faster and been mostly good during practice.  I would be willing to wager - at least from the tweets we've seen - that during these live team drills he's near 65% throughout camp.  

With that said, when we hear he missed an open TE in the flat for no reason it scares me...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I noticed in the clip above of the D celebrating the stop to end practice.  Sauce has no ass.  Like, zero ass.  Nothing.  Nada.  Just legs to a back.  Which is odd, because typically great athletes have a nice admirable booty.  Not Sauce.  That said, it might explain why can do what he can do, there is nothing in the way of his legs to his hips, creating crazy flexibility that allows him to make the cuts he does at full speed. 

200.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

If has it on the field, I'm pretty confident he's got it off the field.  And when it comes to the ladies, he might out-Namath Namath.

No, not yet

8A5B4A9A-6EEE-4668-9BA3-A7786A524B2F.thumb.jpeg.5dc215ed96807b9b3d571d55c6335532.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

C'mon Zach, hit the easy ones.  Drive killers.  Also how you shoot your completion % up 5 points

Highlight reel throws are great for ESPN, but his success will come from the short passes.  Didn't I read he bounced another screen pass yesterday?  

Take the snap, make a read, and let your playmakers make plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Barton said:

..............how the hell is a veteran offensive tackle not signed by now......

Because the pressure to cut one off another roster hasn't come yet. Wait until the final cut downs/after the last preseason game, when the difficult decisions have to be made. A vet can be added at that point, and then he still has two full weeks before the season opener to get acclimated. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Don’t want to upset the narrative but one week in it sounds like the best camp in a decade. 

Becton showed up, we have at least 3 game breakers, Zach isn’t sh*tting the bed, and sauce is living up to the hype.   Not sure we should have expectations yet but the team is definitely looking up. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Because the pressure to cut one off another roster hasn't come yet. Wait until the final cut downs/after the last preseason game, when the difficult decisions have to be made. A vet can be added at that point, and then he still has two full weeks before the season opener to get acclimated. 

Offensive tackles are one of the most valuable positions in the NFL.  They seldom free up.  That is why getting Moses was such a miracle last year.   Reiff was also lingering around this year, but he went for 2x as much.  The NFL realized that the Jets stole Moses last year.   

A Jason Peters maybe the best option 

• Upvote 1