Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a generational GM who has loaded this roster with talent.  We have the best, young HC in the league who has put together an unbelievable staff.  We have talented, young players who are getting better and better the more familiar they become in the system.  

Jet fans....do you see what happens when you try to see the forest for the trees?  

Its happening jet fans!  Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Joe W. Namath, thank you!

Screenshot_20220731-090502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebc1ce2c62e2d8a5a400c9e04aeba697.jpg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Literally, you are wrong. Chris Simms said this very thing, and others did too. I can’t think of their names off my head, and I’m not going to go back and research it right now. Feel free.

Ya. I had to Google it for myself lol..

ESPN last 5 game stats has mills @ 60.9%, 5tds, 7ints...

EDIT - Disregard. I was looking at first 5 not last 5.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

If he keeps playing like this it’ll be nice to have him on the field in a variety of situations as a LB who can cover. Quincy Williams is a pretty natural fit as the third, more sub package LB who’s on the field in more run heavy situations and/or against bigger offensive personnel packages.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, PorP said:

Ya. I had to Google it for myself lol..

ESPN last 5 game stats has mills @ 60.9%, 5tds, 7ints...

EDIT - Disregard. I was looking at first 5 not last 5.

And I wasn't referring to stats as much as I heard multiple analysts/pundits at the end of last season say they thought ZW played the best of the rookie QBs last 6 games of the season. I don't remember them citing stats as much as eye test along with him taking care of the ball better. And, I think the Tampa Bay game had a lot to do with it too.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

As a Zach Wilson fan - this doesn't particularly surprise me or worry me.

Flacco is a super bowl MVP, long term starter in the NFL - that's not starting anymore because he's old.

These short spurts of playing in practice - with no worries about being hit - allows for older players to look much better than they would be during an actual NFL game.

Zach is still a young QB, coming off a rough rookie season - still very much learning.

Flacco isn't starting because he's old.  He's sucked for several years now.  The SB was 10 years ago.   Baltimore knew he was done and drafted his replacment 4 years ago when he was 33.   He's career QB rating is 84.2.   He has had 1 season with plus 4,000 yards.  He's career completion percentage is 61.7.   He's had 1 25 TD season.

The guy is a career 2nd tier QB who was done as a starting caliber NF QB at 32 years old.  The guy isn't starting and if Zach gets hurt Flacco will fill in before being replaced by MW.  

Zach is the Jets starting QB.  The Jets made that clear when they drafted him.  They haven't put anyone on the roster including Flacco that could challenge that narrative.  

If Zach sucks and management doesn't feel he's the guy at some point late next year or the following year they will draft a QB and bring in a 2nd or third tier NFL vet starter.  

The Jets run a very easy O for the QB to excel in.  They have a ton of offensive playmakers.  Any 3rd tier NFL QB who's not getting hit would look great in this O.  

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Now we got Sauce going at it with reporters ??

3F2A0C70-D163-4458-9813-7CC6DD1B2C89.png

He is no different than Becton.  It's obviously a generational thing.  I think they all should stay off social media, but that's just me.  The honeymoon period is still on with Gardner, so we will not see the faux outrage vs Gardner for this that we would see from the usual  suspects on this board if this was Becton.  Now if Gardner gets hurt and misses games this season and does not play like a veteran shut down corner from the get go, these kind of tweets will be ammo for the dark siders.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He is no different than Becton.  It's obviously a generational thing.  I think they all should stay off social media, but that's just me.  The honeymoon period is still on with Gardner, so we will not see the faux outrage vs Gardner for this that we would see from the usual  suspects on this board if this was Becton.  Now if Gardner gets hurt and misses games this season and does not play like a veteran shut down corner from the get go, these kind of tweets will be ammo for the dark siders.

If it lights a fire under these guys to perform at a pro-bowl level ... I don't care how much shade they throw

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

There are simply Jet fans that truly don't want to accept that Zach has serious potential and has shown it.  Even on a day like today where he's good - there are multiple posts by the usual suspects that are trying to find reasons why he wasn't good.

Even if they're trolling - it's sad.

Don’t let it bother you. Enjoy the ride.

If you are right about Wilson, you will get the last laugh in a big way. I agree with you that Wilson has a ton of potential and that folks on here have been oddly harsh on him compared to other young Jets QBs of the past. 

• Upvote 3