Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Never heard the term flat used re wings of chicken before.

Drums of course yes.  I prefer flats if that is the question.  Drums are nice too but if i had to choose.

Heard that in the Carribbean on vacation(flats and drums), but never  in the US. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

It would be nice to know if Zach is holding the ball longer for the play to develop or holding the ball too long. You’d wish they clarify as there is a big difference. From previous tweets, it seems holding the ball too long hasn’t been a problem for him this training camp. 

yeah, that is really why these tweets are kind of useless.

What's more important than anything else is Zach's rhythm in the offense.  The coaches know - because it's really a matter of a second here or there - media can't really tell.

Coaches seem optimistic that he has a much better handle on the offense - so hopefully it's not him but the fact that the DL is just controlling the OL.

18 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Why? I like that he is working hard and has a chip on his shoulder. That's all he can do and control. Up to the staff to utilize him...or the GM to decide he doesn't have a spot on the team

I remember watching him get drafted that night, knew nothing about him at the time, but I remember thinking to my self as he took the phone call from JD "hmm must not be a people person" "ah it don't matter they must know what they doing and as long as he good who cares"

then 1st season...."ok getting better"

then 2nd season...."WTF cant even line up w/o a penalty or catch the ball placed in his basket"

then this off season...hearing he is workin his butt off, doin better, etc.. "ok they do need another WR in that room he should be ok since he will just be a back up"

now this comment

I show it everyday. It’s up to them whether they want to play me or not.

this implies me against them ,  I am right, you are wrong, not my fault...not exactly team oriented comment.

maybe over the top and i am over exaggerating to make a point but he just does not seem to get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

A boneless wing is a cutlet, tender or nugget depending  on size, preparation and shape. If it ain’t got No bone it ain’t no wing! 

DentalPessimisticFireant-max-1mb.gif.e6dc79ff507a27823c2270cc4b1d4982.gif

DentalPessimisticFireant-max-1mb.gif.e6dc79ff507a27823c2270cc4b1d4982.gif

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Jeff Smith must be so good when no one is watching. He gets so many first team reps 

no joke . . typical Smith.. now all the Smith boys can come out and tell me how great he will be.

Dude is not a gamer. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I remember watching him get drafted that night, knew nothing about him at the time, but I remember thinking to my self as he took the phone call from JD "hmm must not be a people person" "ah it don't matter they must know what they doing and as long as he good who cares"

I think I said something at the time that he didn't seem too thrilled on draft night.

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Mims fans sure are threatened and triggered by the possibility of Jeff Smith making the roster over him. 

The good news is that this WR/TE group might be deep enough that neither guy matters that much in the grand scheme of things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Some bad play from Jeff Smith. I thought the Int was gonna look worse 

Came here to post the same.  Not a lot of fight from Smith there.  Corey Davis or Garrett Wilson probably come down with that ball.  Shoot, maybe even Mims.

INTs aren’t great, but thankful it wasn’t a bad read, badly thrown ball in the flat that was jumped by a missed defender, or anything like that.

• Upvote 3