Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This is why #4 going gardner was the right call

OK. I'm going to go the same route as many here did with Becton.  Picking Gardner was a mistake.  Not because he's not good, but because there was a far greater need on the OL.  If this season is all about Wilson, then Becton being such a question mark demanded that they take another top OT in the draft.  CB is just not a position of importance in today's NFL and the Jets have enough bodies there to get the job done, particularly if the pass rush improves.  Tackles don't grow on trees though.  The Jets should have drafted Ekwonu with the #4 pick, not Gardner.  

• Thumb Down 16
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

As someone else said, also a lack of context around the plays.  Only guy that provides any context regualrly is Robby Sabo.  May not always agree with his takes, but he tires to provide more than just. Pass incomplete or QB sacked.

That is one reason I miss DJ - seems like people loved to hate him, but he provided much better detail than most writers and seemed to ahve a pretty good understanding of the game.

I agree. Always liked Robby. Reasonable. Smart. Well spoken. 

He never seems to be trapped in the "fan" mentality (totally oblivious to common sense,  or the fact that the NFL is a business). Like even when he talks about the same things, ie becton injury, he typically has a slightly different angle on it. Loved his solo pods. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Well, if there is anything encouraging in this, with all the sacks tweeted throughout camp this is the first tweet I’ve seen saying the sack is on Zach for holding the ball too long.

This is 100% correct.  Last year we heard that all the time - how he was holding the ball too long.  It's not like the media would be protecting him.  

That doesn't seem to be the case year..and in this scenario it was the last of the 5th sack in a row.  Can't really even blame the kid for wanting to make something happen.

Good for Zach - bad for the OL

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Ekwonu might be a long term solution. Right now the reports out of Carolina’s training camp is he is getting beat like a drum in pass pro.

I liked Ekwona in draft if you were looking for G/RT.  I thought Neal was the safe pick for FLT

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OK. I'm going to go the same route as many here did with Becton.  Picking Gardner was a mistake.  Not because he's not good, but because there was a far greater need on the OL.  If this season is all about Wilson, then Becton being such a question mark demanded that they take another top OT in the draft.  CB is just not a position of importance in today's NFL and the Jets have enough bodies there to get the job done, particularly if the pass rush improves.  Tackles don't grow on trees though.  The Jets should have drafted Ekwonu with the #4 pick, not Gardner.  

Be prepared to eat your own words (If you still alive), when Gardner is introduced to the HOF.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

?? Since I’m not there I can only go on the tweets and occasional video. Tweets have described Zach as “crisp” and “decisive.” This is the first tweet I’ve seen of him holding the ball too long putting one of the five sacks on him. Where are you noticing it?

Scrimmage, clips from practice. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Scrimmage, clips from practice. 

because he got sacked so many times in the scrimmage?

I certainly didn't hear of any - nor did I see any in those where he would have been sacked.  

It's okay, I promise - people won't think any less of you if you acknowledge Zach has been better this year and looking better than good the past week or so.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1