Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great day of camo today fellas!!  Absolutely nothing to whine or cry about.  This is the new norm jet fans.  Embrace and enjoy!

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Stop it duddette! Joe D drafted Becton over Wirfs to play at left tackle instead of right tackle.  Wirfs has played twice as much and is already a pro bowler; while Becton continues to be a question mark at best and now playing at the opposite side.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Yes I was listening to the press conference. He explicitly said this doesn't mean Mekhi's days at left tackle are over. But for this year given his age, Fant being better playing left, Becton's experience playing both sides, and overall fit with the rest of the offensive line, it doesn't make sense for the team to be flipping them back and forth during camp.

Personally, I would have had him playing RT in 2019.  Gase didn't see it that way, so...  Made sense not to flop them last year since they had already spent a season that way.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I spent all of yesterday criticizing Becton and even I realize that this has more to do with Fant sucking at RT, while also playing extremely well at LT last year, than it does Becton’s ability to do both.

My guess is if Fant regresses, Becton will be the LT by week 8 or 9.

you said it!  Go watch game 1 last year.  Fant was AWFUL at RT.  He even compared switching between LT and RT like being a righty and being told to throw lefty.  Not sure if that is accurate, as I am no football tackle, but if HE feels that way, and the results sure seem indicative, this is probably the smart move.  Keep Becton and AVT together on the right side; run in that direction, and then you have our best pass-blocking tackle defending the MILF-hunter's blind side.  I'm pumped!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, slats said:

This is the most important thing about the announcement; Becton being comfortable with it. If he was going to bitch about not being the LT, it could’ve gotten ugly. This gives him the opportunity to improve on the lower stress side of the field. If he’s plays well and stays healthy, he’ll be back on the left side no later than opening day next year. 

he wont do it now cause he has to reprove himself. but i am certain his agent isnt okay with him being RT after showing he can be good LT.. i believe this why saleh choose his word carefully in terms of bringing up his contract and his future..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

This is the most important thing about the announcement; Becton being comfortable with it. If he was going to bitch about not being the LT, it could’ve gotten ugly. This gives him the opportunity to improve on the lower stress side of the field. If he’s plays well and stays healthy, he’ll be back on the left side no later than opening day next year. 

someone seems to have finally gotten through to him.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This is clearly a what’s good for the team right now move. Becton might be better on both sides of the line, but the difference is apparently a lot more glaring on the right where Becton has the ability to bulldoze and Fant simply does not. Becton will be the LT next year, and has probably been given some indication of that from the team as well. 

what if Fant get extension he is looking for?

also - hope this isnt one of those "choice" that back fire on them again.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm not sure it matters as much anymore, given that all tackles are likely to encounter elite edge rushers.  Fant acquitted himself very well last year, and maybe it's just a matter of handedness/coordination.

Agree on the AVT/Becton sandwich.  I hope Breece likes running right.

Fixed it for you  

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

what if Fant get extension he is looking for?

also - hope this isnt one of those "choice" that back fire on them again.

They don’t want to pay Fant starting LT money, and Becton’s camp will be unhappy if he’s relegated to the right side for longer than this one season. A lot would have to go wrong for Becton and (perhaps more importantly) right for Fant for the Jets to consider extending him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

Seriously, did you really think that Becton warrants any complaints?  He's hardly seen the field...let's hope the kid stays healthy and has a long career with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

They don’t want to pay Fant starting LT money, and Becton’s camp will be unhappy if he’s relegated to the right side for longer than this one season. A lot would have to go wrong for Becton and (perhaps more importantly) right for Fant for the Jets to consider extending him. 

my bet is Dallas will be watching closely of the Becton situation over next few seasons.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Side note JetNation will be out there, but we are still working things out with the Jets. @KRL was lined up and ready to go but it isn't all approved just yet.  I have been told that we won't be invited out for week one.  Frustrating but we are trying to work through it.

Boss you are the BEST!!

• Upvote 2