Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

27 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Pro bowl is a popularity contest... Name recognition goes a long way

So you really want to argue that the Pro Bowl player was worse than Moses because Moses wasn’t popular enough?   That Brown wasn’t that good

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Keep this same energy when Zach Wilson is getting ragdolled around the MetLife turf for the three to five games he’ll be healthy for. 

Has nothing to do with it.

Sauce was the right pick.  Wanting to go back and redo the draft after a possible season ending injury is something fans do.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Keep this same energy when Zach Wilson is getting ragdolled around the MetLife turf for the three to five games he’ll be healthy for. 

Possible blessing in disguise as it might give playing time to HOF'er Mike White?

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you really want to argue that the Pro Bowl player was worse than Moses because Moses wasn’t popular enough?   That Brown wasn’t that good

Last year Moses was better at RT then Brown was at LT... this is a fact.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There is literally nothing to point to Zach holding the ball too long - one play in 8 sacks today was highlighted as such.  

I guess Saleh is trying to make a point to Joe Douglas that the OL needs help. Birthday is over;  cover 2s as well. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s just nice seeing you show a little concern for the young man. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I don't know about using #4 on a tackle.......but maybe #10? We've been saying all camp we have an abundance of talent at WR and maybe should trade Mims. Or keep Mims as a starting WR and use #10 on a tackle? I love Garrett, but I love ZW having time to throw too.

Or maybe take sauce and garrett then trade back into the 1st for tackle we haven't talked about? Jeremian Johnson was a good grab, but that's another position we have too many players at already. 

Icky, Neal and Cross all went in the top 9.  The next T up was Trevor Penning who fell to 20.   Next one was the Cowboys in the 20's and was considered a reach.

I wouldn't change the draft.

I think we should all RELAX from the TC reports today. It's one day.  Let's see what JD does.  Thank God there's a pre-season game on Friday.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Shut your filthy mouth Cimini. I don't need your extra words

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Rich is such a joy to read

If all you want is stats then why are you reading tweets from a sports writer?  His job is to discuss narratives.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OK. I'm going to go the same route as many here did with Becton.  Picking Gardner was a mistake.  Not because he's not good, but because there was a far greater need on the OL.  If this season is all about Wilson, then Becton being such a question mark demanded that they take another top OT in the draft.  CB is just not a position of importance in today's NFL and the Jets have enough bodies there to get the job done, particularly if the pass rush improves.  Tackles don't grow on trees though.  The Jets should have drafted Ekwonu with the #4 pick, not Gardner.  

Yes and the Jets shouldn't have settled for a FG against the Steelers in the  playoffs at Heinz Field. 

Context - Hindsight 

Its always easy to criticize a move after the fact and in hindsight. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Last year Moses was better at RT then Brown was at LT... this is a fact.

Please show me the quantifiable data for this fact.  

It was only a half point, but PFF had Brown higher.  Brown made the pro bowl, Moses did not.  Brown was the LT on the 16th ranked offense (23ppg), Moses was the RT on the 28th (18ppg).  I get arguing that Brown will not be a huge upgrade, that he is older and might be done, or that Brown will be expensive, the idea that everybody thinks Moses was obviously better is false.  If that were a fact, Moses probably signs for more than $5M/1 year while Reiff and Brown are probably demanding double.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's a little disappointing to see Jets fan underplay the impact a guy like Sauce can have -- cause, you know.. we LIVED IT, with Revis. We never had a legit pass rush that entire time. Little bit of interior pressure and OK play at LB with Harris & co, but Revis, and eventually with Cro? 

Like cmon -- Sauce is absolutely a legit pick for this developing.

And of course a better defense, field position, fewer points and deficits aren’t a real help to a young QB, any QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

At what point do they sign a veteran guard and move avt back to tackle.  

Would AVT have had to be a T before he could go back to tackle?

Then then who plays G?  A rookie? 
Doubt they weaken two positions to fix one

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has nothing to do with it.

Sauce was the right pick.  Wanting to go back and redo the draft after a possible season ending injury is something fans do.

What’s the better outcome for this team in 2022?

A. They finish with the best pass defense in the history of modern football. 
-or-

B. Zach Wilson finishes the season as the 15th ranked passer in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Why isn’t Brown a jet?

We waiting until after Zach is sacked 76 times by Philly in joint practices? 

Because its not liking going to the store and buying groceries. Brown has a choice of when and where he signs and there's contract and cap issues that need to be considered. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Please show me the quantifiable data for this fact.  

It was only a half point, but PFF had Brown higher.  Brown made the pro bowl, Moses did not.  Brown was the LT on the 16th ranked offense (23ppg), Moses was the RT on the 28th (18ppg).  I get arguing that Brown will not be a huge upgrade, that he is older and might be done, or that Brown will be expensive, the idea that everybody thinks Moses was obviously better is false.  If that were a fact, Moses probably signs for more than $5M/1 year while Reiff and Brown are probably demanding double.

the point I was initially trying to make was that (IMO) we were better off getting Moses on the cheap last year when we had two legitimate starting tackles than trying to get Brown as OUR STARTING TACKLE.....all while having no legitimate depth.

If the Jets already had Brown at a reasonable price and then this happened with Becton, well then we would be in the same position as last year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What’s the better outcome for this team in 2022?

A. They finish with the best pass defense in the history of modern football. 
-or-

B. Zach Wilson finishes the season as the 15th ranked passer in the NFL.

C.  Making it a two choice option is a fail.

Sauce was the right pick.  You don’t get to go back to April because a T was injured in August.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Legend Killa7 said:

the point I was initially trying to make was that (IMO) we were better off getting Moses on the cheap last year when we had two legitimate starting tackles than trying to get Brown as OUR STARTING TACKLE.....all while having no legitimate depth.

If the Jets already had Brown at a reasonable price and then this happened with Becton, well then we would be in the same position as last year.

That's true, but I am not sure that you can fault the GM for Becton getting hurt earlier this year than last.  Maybe he is misreading the market, but $10M for Reiff is not something I wanted.  Skeptable's analysis of Brown notwithstanding, I'd prefer to give that money to Brown.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I thought part of the reason they loved avt was his versatility.  

Simply because AVT *can* do it doesn't mean it's the best choice. Creating a hole at guard (Interior pressure is becoming much more of an emphasis) where you have a player playing at a high level to fill another hole means you're now taking on two "hopes" in that AVT will perform highly at tackle AND you'll be able to fill in the guard spot. 

Personally, I'd much rather have one question at right tackle then compromise the interior. 

• Upvote 2