Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

If Zach is "holding on to the ball too long", it can be one of (or combo of)

A) rush is getting to him quicker than expected

B - WR/RB/TE routes taking too long to develop

C) WR/RB/TEs not getting separation on routes (+ for the defense)

D) Zach is taking too long to read coverage

If any of (or combo of) A, B or C is the reason, LaFleur needs to give Zach a quicker checkdown option and/or teach him to dirt the ball at an eligible's feet to save loss of yardage.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro if Zach was having a Trey Lance camp this place would legitimately be on fire and even @Maxman would not be able to save it 

Okay

That has nothing to do with anything.

Being a good practice player doesn't guarantee that carries over into the regular season, nor does it erase what happened the previous season when it really mattered.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I’m happy with anything encouraging, but it’s hard to buy talk about pressure when no one’s allowed to touch the QB. Even harder when no one’s wearing pads. Can’t wait ‘til Friday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He was missing 2 starting tackles.  Check out Mahomes in the SB when he had the same deal.  He was horrible 

All I said was he had a bounce back day... jesus... Porp questioned the fact that it was bounce back... From all indications he was not good yesterday and was sacked 8 times... WTF... Ok I guess he was amazing yesterday and it was not a bounceback day today... You win, I don't really care.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay

That has nothing to do with anything.

Being a good practice player doesn't guarantee that carries over into the regular season, nor does it erase what happened the previous season when it really mattered.

I understand this 

I’m just happy with the progress

I have been listening to different camps all offseason and all of the good QBs are having days just like Zach is.

So it’s encouraging to me that’s all 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

And I'm going to have to remind myself Sauce is a rookie because I want to start smelting his Canton bust already!!  Kid sounds and looks TERRIFIC in his first TC

I thought this said "smelling" and I was like

"Woah...

"I like the cut of your jib, sir."

• Haha 1