Jump to content

Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)


IndianaJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

Now that @nycdan corrected me to realize the rats signed another daryl williams....

I'm kind of a bigger fan of signing williams than brown. 

He's already a serviceable right sider. Less churn on the line that way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

possibly and makes for good soap opera but Hughes is a f****ing loser - WTF does he know about lineman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, derp said:

This needs to be pinned somewhere on the board.

The Ekwonu situation is weird because Rhule wants him to play guard and heS blocked at OT by Christensen, who quietly had an elite Combine. On the right side, they have Taylor Moton, who gave up on sack in 1150 snaps last year and was just extended for 4 years/$72 million dollars. 
 

Christensen’s combine, fwiw:

 

769C0CCB-5729-4D70-A1E1-BED0737D5D9A.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

One would hope you have improved and become wiser than last year

ha jokes on you 

18 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

Let’s give Zach the same chance…

I agree. Never said any different.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

This is almost certainly what's happening.

Mitchell is not the answer this year.  

Is Brown willing to play RT? Have the Jets offered Brown enough money?

I suspect the money is there.  My guess is the RT/LT is the issue.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PorP said:

Sure on JD and rectifying now. Idk if 2 days is enough time....

Also sure on reps.... I think all of us agree...

I just don't want to lose ZW for the season in preseason because the oline is holier than my great aunt every sunday. 

And also note... I don't need both sides fixed,  just 1, either 1.

This great aunt...can I see her?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PorP said:

Sure on JD and rectifying now. Idk if 2 days is enough time....

Also sure on reps.... I think all of us agree...

I just don't want to lose ZW for the season in preseason because the oline is holier than my great aunt every sunday. 

And also note... I don't need both sides fixed,  just 1, either 1.

AFAIK, Fant is healthy enough to play. Doubt the starters would be playing longer than any rep limit he's on.

Zach can deal with one weak link at RT. He's played with worse.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I wasn't aware of Ickey's camp. Thank for the insight. Have you heard how Neal or Cross are looking?

Can't say enough good things about sauce. So excited for his career. 

The choice was sauce or thibs IMO. Heard thibs is doing well, agree sauce has start potential. Becton was going into year 3, they had to give him another chance.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This actually couldn't be further from the truth.  Jones is having a very bad camp...

In fact most are saying Bailey Zappe has been the best QB in camp.

I haven't been paying attention to the Pats at all (I did see the headline for a Colin Cowherd segment in which he was supposed to be talking about Jones struggling), but the only thing I would offer in his defense is that the Pats have a really good defense and their offensive skill position personnel is still quite limited, IMO

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

This great aunt...can I see her?

Sure.... probably have a really good time to... mon - sat she's so unholy she has no choice but to find god on Sunday

Maya Rudolph Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is almost certainly what's happening.

Mitchell is not the answer this year.  

Is Brown willing to play RT? Have the Jets offered Brown enough money?

I suspect the money is there.  My guess is the RT/LT is the issue.

My guess is that Brown knows he can wait a week and let teams start panicking about their OL situation, and then just pick the situation he wants.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that Brown knows he can wait a week and let teams start panicking about their OL situation, and then just pick the situation he wants.

Duane Brown can wait. By simply not signing on Saturday and waiting for the Becton injury he made extra money. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

AFAIK, Fant is healthy enough to play. Doubt the starters would be playing longer than any rep limit he's on.

Zach can deal with one weak link at RT. He's played with worse.

For sure man.  As long as he has 1 side he can be confident on rolling out on... 

My original post ... I was trying to say ... if Fant doesn't play then I'm gun shy with ZW.

If famt plays and we have whoever @ RT. I'm good. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know he hit a good weight before he got into mandatory minicamp:

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t sign Duane Brown, but I think he’s definitely ahead of where they expected him to be, both physically and skill-wise.

I also sign Brown, because, while I hope it doesn't happen, another tackle can get injured.   You need depth.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Maybe, idk. Just going by what, presumably, smarter people than me have said. 

I read the same.  There was concern over strength based on a pretty pathetic bench press number (for an olineman)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PorP said:

For sure man.  As long as he has 1 side he can be confident on rolling out on... 

My original post ... I was trying to say ... if Fant doesn't play then I'm gun shy with ZW.

If famt plays and we have whoever @ RT. I'm good. 

If we end up less than a month away from Week 1 and our best healthy OTs are Connor McDermott and Chuma Edoga, I'm fueling up the plane to fly the banners myself.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

If we end up less than a month away from Week 1 and our best healthy OTs are Connor McDermott and Chuma Edoga, I'm fueling up the plane to fly the banners myself.

Splitsies on costs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure I’d agree with that.  Max was the “last resort” but, when called upon, has seemed to impress and improve every day, particularly in pass protection.

If he pans out, that’s humongous.

That always seems to be the case with OL.  I understand drafting LT early in the draft.  BUT.....It seems that if you look at the five starters per team, meaning over 150 starting linemen in the league, I bet you will find an almost even positioning in the draft between rounds 1-4.  Many are found even later.  

And you are right: If Max Mitchell can step in and take over.....WOW, would that be humongous?  I would still be talking with Duane Brown and a couple of other options in case of injuries, but . . . 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PorP said:

Splitsies on costs? 

Oh, I'm not spending another dime on the Jets one way or another. I'll just personally fuel it up.

Hell, I'll even strap myself to the wing and hold the damn banner, like one of those circus performers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...