Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

Now that @nycdan corrected me to realize the rats signed another daryl williams....

I'm kind of a bigger fan of signing williams than brown. 

He's already a serviceable right sider. Less churn on the line that way. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

possibly and makes for good soap opera but Hughes is a f****ing loser - WTF does he know about lineman

3 minutes ago, derp said:

This needs to be pinned somewhere on the board.

The Ekwonu situation is weird because Rhule wants him to play guard and heS blocked at OT by Christensen, who quietly had an elite Combine. On the right side, they have Taylor Moton, who gave up on sack in 1150 snaps last year and was just extended for 4 years/$72 million dollars. 

Christensen’s combine, fwiw:

769C0CCB-5729-4D70-A1E1-BED0737D5D9A.png

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is almost certainly what's happening.

Mitchell is not the answer this year.  

Is Brown willing to play RT? Have the Jets offered Brown enough money?

I suspect the money is there.  My guess is the RT/LT is the issue.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, PorP said:

Sure on JD and rectifying now. Idk if 2 days is enough time....

Also sure on reps.... I think all of us agree...

I just don't want to lose ZW for the season in preseason because the oline is holier than my great aunt every sunday. 

And also note... I don't need both sides fixed,  just 1, either 1.

This great aunt...can I see her?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PorP said:

Sure on JD and rectifying now. Idk if 2 days is enough time....

Also sure on reps.... I think all of us agree...

I just don't want to lose ZW for the season in preseason because the oline is holier than my great aunt every sunday. 

And also note... I don't need both sides fixed,  just 1, either 1.

AFAIK, Fant is healthy enough to play. Doubt the starters would be playing longer than any rep limit he's on.

Zach can deal with one weak link at RT. He's played with worse.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I wasn't aware of Ickey's camp. Thank for the insight. Have you heard how Neal or Cross are looking?

Can't say enough good things about sauce. So excited for his career. 

The choice was sauce or thibs IMO. Heard thibs is doing well, agree sauce has start potential. Becton was going into year 3, they had to give him another chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This actually couldn't be further from the truth.  Jones is having a very bad camp...

In fact most are saying Bailey Zappe has been the best QB in camp.

I haven't been paying attention to the Pats at all (I did see the headline for a Colin Cowherd segment in which he was supposed to be talking about Jones struggling), but the only thing I would offer in his defense is that the Pats have a really good defense and their offensive skill position personnel is still quite limited, IMO

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is almost certainly what's happening.

Mitchell is not the answer this year.  

Is Brown willing to play RT? Have the Jets offered Brown enough money?

I suspect the money is there.  My guess is the RT/LT is the issue.

My guess is that Brown knows he can wait a week and let teams start panicking about their OL situation, and then just pick the situation he wants.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that Brown knows he can wait a week and let teams start panicking about their OL situation, and then just pick the situation he wants.

Duane Brown can wait. By simply not signing on Saturday and waiting for the Becton injury he made extra money. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

AFAIK, Fant is healthy enough to play. Doubt the starters would be playing longer than any rep limit he's on.

Zach can deal with one weak link at RT. He's played with worse.

For sure man.  As long as he has 1 side he can be confident on rolling out on... 

My original post ... I was trying to say ... if Fant doesn't play then I'm gun shy with ZW.

If famt plays and we have whoever @ RT. I'm good. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know he hit a good weight before he got into mandatory minicamp:

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t sign Duane Brown, but I think he’s definitely ahead of where they expected him to be, both physically and skill-wise.

I also sign Brown, because, while I hope it doesn't happen, another tackle can get injured.   You need depth.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PorP said:

For sure man.  As long as he has 1 side he can be confident on rolling out on... 

My original post ... I was trying to say ... if Fant doesn't play then I'm gun shy with ZW.

If famt plays and we have whoever @ RT. I'm good. 

If we end up less than a month away from Week 1 and our best healthy OTs are Connor McDermott and Chuma Edoga, I'm fueling up the plane to fly the banners myself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure I’d agree with that.  Max was the “last resort” but, when called upon, has seemed to impress and improve every day, particularly in pass protection.

If he pans out, that’s humongous.

That always seems to be the case with OL.  I understand drafting LT early in the draft.  BUT.....It seems that if you look at the five starters per team, meaning over 150 starting linemen in the league, I bet you will find an almost even positioning in the draft between rounds 1-4.  Many are found even later.  

And you are right: If Max Mitchell can step in and take over.....WOW, would that be humongous?  I would still be talking with Duane Brown and a couple of other options in case of injuries, but . . . 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PorP said:

Splitsies on costs? 

Oh, I'm not spending another dime on the Jets one way or another. I'll just personally fuel it up.

Hell, I'll even strap myself to the wing and hold the damn banner, like one of those circus performers.

• Haha 1