Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I'm just gonna say this....if we end up drafting Bryce Young, things are going to be really confusing around here.

Not entirely out of the realm of possibility JD would draft Young. He is a BEAST like Myles Garrett. You don't pass up on that type of monster. JD is NOT going to give up on Zach after 2 years. Just aint happening. That's his boy.  But I think thats a really long shot.  Texans look like they got the #1 pick in their bag.

24 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Not entirely out of the realm of possibility JD would draft Young. He is a BEAST like Myles Garrett. You don't pass up on that type of monster. JD is NOT going to give up on Zach after 2 years. Just aint happening. That's his boy.  But I think thats a really long shot.  Texans look like they got the #1 pick in their bag.

Yup Texans. Bears could give them a run, maybe Giants.

Holy mantras!

"All gas, no brakes" 

"Positive Vibes Only"

"Protect the team.”

Saleh said the message from him and from Carl Lawson when both addressed the team after practice was “protect the team.” Saleh said it’s not the fighting that’s the issue but more competition getting so hot that too many guys are ending up on the ground.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Maybe he meant Streveler?  I don't believe they see Mike White as a starting caliber NFL QB.

Sure.  They meant Streveler.  A guy who showed up in preseason game against backups over a guy who had the best game a Jets QB has had in 20 years against the AFC champions.  

I think you have it right.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Holy mantras!

"All gas, no brakes" 

"Positive Vibes Only"

"Protect the team.”

Saleh said the message from him and from Carl Lawson when both addressed the team after practice was “protect the team.” Saleh said it’s not the fighting that’s the issue but more competition getting so hot that too many guys are ending up on the ground.

I listened to the presser.  He doesn't want guys going to the ground unnecessarily where they risk injury if someone gets rolled up on.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Holy mantras!

"All gas, no brakes" 

"Positive Vibes Only"

"Protect the team.”

A.G.N.B.P.V.O.P.T.T

Episode 7 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Sure.  They meant Streveler.  A guy who showed up in preseason game against backups over a guy who had the best game a Jets QB has had in 20 years against the AFC champions.  

I think you have it right.  

That was an impressive half of football.  

Clearly showing us fans how good he is.  I don’t care that he was a CFL QB or that the Jets, after thoroughly reviewing his film, watching him practice and talking to all his coaches, see him as a back up.  
They are entirely wrong - because I saw him play a great half. 
He should be the starter when Wilson is out. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can't remember ever hearing about our pass-rush being so good in preseason. I have a good feeling about this being a real thing.

I also expect our pass rush to be better BUT until this defense shows they can stop the run and screen passes, we may not see the results we think we should from more pressure and sacks.