Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

I wish they would play Mike white who is capable of moving the offense week 1. 

That aside one thing that is really going to be nice to see this year is the game planning week 1. We have the pieces to run the rb two te sets we wanted to last year. We should be able to see our system this year as intended to work. It is not reliant on excellent qb play. Much like SF lots.of.run to set up pass. 

Who knows we might see a string of victorious games because our end and TE show up helping the performance of the jets.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s most likely that Joe Flacco is going to go 17-31 for 221 yards 1TD, 2 INTs, gassing the defense throughout the entire game with bad drive after bad drive, and Baltimore is going to casually drop 34 on us, while JN collectively drops a “shocked Pikachu” face because the 37 year old statue QB is not Vinny Testaverde reincarnated..

Come 1/2 time or maybe 4th quarter, this entire MB in unison will turn on Flacco. 

I've seen the jets fans / Flacco story before on animal planet.  Lion coddles and cares for baby antelope.... the lion decides it's snack time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wish they would play Mike white who is capable of moving the offense week 1. 

That aside one thing that is really going to be nice to see this year is the game planning week 1. We have the pieces to run the rb two te sets we wanted to last year. We should be able to see our system this year as intended to work. It is not reliant on excellent qb play. Much like SF lots.of.run to set up pass. 

Who knows we might see a string of victorious games because our end and TE show up helping the performance of the jets.

Ok, and what does that do for the long term future of the team?  You win a couple of games, pick around 15-17, and have no QB for the foreseeable future?  Then what?

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

Come 1/2 time or maybe 4th quarter, this entire MB in unison will turn on Flacco. 

I've seen the jets fans / Flacco story before on animal planet.  Lion coddles and cares for baby antelope.... the lion decides it's snack time. 

I saw it in 2016, 2017, and 2020 when Darnold went down and we got round 1 of Flacco.  Time is a flat circle.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s more likely than not that Joe Flacco is going to go 17-31 for 221 yards 1TD, 2 INTs, gassing the defense throughout the entire game with bad drive after bad drive, and Baltimore is going to casually drop 34 on us, while JN collectively drops a “shocked Pikachu” face because the 37 year old statue QB is not Vinny Testaverde reincarnated.

For the record: this could, very well, have happened with Zach, but at least you’d be one step closer in figuring out what you have.  I don’t get the obsession with rooting for a QB who has absolutely zero future here, even if he played “ok”.  It solves absolutely nothing and only gives you a short term dopamine rush before it all comes crashing down the following year, after you’ve signed that veteran to a 1-2 year deal worth 16-18 million per year.

you said it.  Jets go 8-9 with Flacco?  who cares??  Jets go 8-9 with Zach?  huge season!!!  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

you said it.  Jets go 8-9 with Flacco?  who cares??  Jets go 8-9 with Zach?  huge season!!!  

Flacco is not capable of winning 8 games. No ******* way. If Zach does that it means that he has progressed in his second year will be likely to continue to progress. Meaning he is in fact our franchise QB that we have all been waiting for.

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Flacco's 37... He isn't the answer... Blah blah blah blah blah.

It's remarkable what happens when there's an actual, competent QB on the field, rather than a guy with tools that you hope maybe can put it together to become one.

To be fair, I’m pretty sure Wilson had a perfect day on his birthday and then another day where he maybe missed or two passes. 

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Flacco's 37... He isn't the answer... Blah blah blah blah blah.

It's remarkable what happens when there's an actual, competent QB on the field, rather than a guy with tools that you hope maybe can put it together to become one.

He sees the field better and throws a more catchable pass than Wilson does right now. Flacco also still has the ability to throw lasers on the mid to deep level outside the numbers passes. It’s not ideal, but the team has a lot more talent than the last time he was forced into action. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To be fair, I’m pretty sure Wilson had a perfect day on his birthday and then another day where he maybe missed or two passes. 

No question, it hasn't all been a disaster for Wilson.  But, you have the brutal preseason performance, then the injury, then G. Wilson's comments and then Flacco coming out having a gem of a day, and well, it's not a great look for Wilson.

Add to that, possibly the greatest Jets game of the past 10 years came the week after Zach got hurt last year, and this guy just feels more and more radioactive.

• Upvote 1