Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

While I vehemently disagree with 99% of the Flacco analysis, I can certainly forgive you for wanting what you want.  I just want to be treated the same way and have people understand that I will not be watching one snap of Flacco, nor will I be rooting for any victories with him under center, because I feel the opposite that you do, in the sense that I would trade a horrendous season or two in for the potential of 10-15 great years.  Maybe it’s the last bit of my youth hanging on to this idea that a year or two isn’t as long as it seems, but that’s just how I feel.  As of today, until we know more about Wilson’s timetable, I will not be watching Week 1 for the first time in all the years I’ve watched football.  I have no interest and I don’t have it in me to root for a washed up 37 year old back-up.  The last time I felt the way I did was 2017, with McCown, and I vividly remember how miserable I was watching that game.  I’ve made the tentative plans to go out and do something else, and I’m already thinking about what to do Week 2.

We have a young/talented foundation and Flacco has the tools to help the team develop properly on a short-term basis. We understand the nature of the QB position and the pressure from management to expedite his learning process. However, Zach Wilson is still a rookie by all merits and for this simple reason, there should not be any shame for him to sit back several games and continue to learn.  I truly believe that Zach will reek benefits by observing a seasoned veteran develop the team the right way for at least four (4) games.  Zach should only return if he is truly ready to lead this team and continue the proper development of the entire offense. 

The other caveat besides taking pressure off Zach Wilson is that the rest of the team will greatly benefit from a veteran leader. We have added a great pool of rookie talent with Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Ruckert, Max in addition to the sophomores.  It also seems that the energy around camp is higher with Flacco at the helm. Players are being more productive and happier (ex. Garrett Wilson).  I just think that Zach Wilson might slow down the progress of many players due to his own learning curve. 

I will support Flacco, White, Wilson or any other starting QB unless he is unreliable or simply not ready to lead the team.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I get that mentality, I really do. Personally, I am an all or nothing type personality in just about every aspect of my life. Go big or go home. The idea of getting into the playoffs with Fitzpatrick was somewhat fun, but I knew they weren't going anywhere. I had the same feeling with Pennington, they were in the running almost ever year, but outside of the first year I knew they weren't really a threat. I am probably older than you, and I want to see a jets SB win and celebrate it with my pops. I personally can deal with the hapless QB play from the standpoint of he either gets it at some point or we get a better draft pick. I can live with that. As I have gotten older I am able to not watch football on a sunday if I am not interested and be OK with it, and I am also fine with revolving my weekend around it if I am. But I completely get that perspective and respect it.

I've always imagined you're about 10-12 years older than me.

I've agreed with exactly what you're saying forever as a fan - so I've got nothing critical to say about it.  I'm just struggling to watch more bad QB play at this point.  It's 3am, I'm drunk, and I'll take just about anything...

I want to see a Super Bowl with my father too, but the highlight of my Jets season is doing a road game with him, and I hope that I can continue that tradition w/ my son.  Right now, that feels more important.  It's definitely a beaten down mentality, but wanting them to be relevant in November feels like a win to me.

I also agree w/ what you said about rooting for losses if Wilson goes out again.  At that point, I don't think I'll care, because I'll be completely checked out - and on to hoping the next QB we draft isn't Sanchez/Darnold/Wilson.  But, it's August 16th, and my mindset is win football games and enjoy the season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I've always imagined you're about 10-12 years older than me.

prolly right

I've agreed with exactly what you're saying forever as a fan - so I've got nothing critical to say about it.  I'm just struggling to watch more bad QB play at this point.  It's 3am, I'm drunk, and I'll take just about anything...

lol, I get it

I want to see a Super Bowl with my father too, but the highlight of my Jets season is doing a road game with him, and I hope that I can continue that tradition w/ my son.  Right now, that feels more important.  It's definitely a beaten down mentality, but wanting them to be relevant in November feels like a win to me.

Again, I get it, and when my Giants fans like to stick it to me about Giants/Jets, I always chuckle and say meh, this is about something me and my pops will always share even after he's gone. My kids never got into football and I didnt have it in me to push them as I like their chosen sports as well.

I also agree w/ what you said about rooting for losses if Wilson goes out again.  At that point, I don't think I'll care, because I'll be completely checked out - and on to hoping the next QB we draft isn't Sanchez/Darnold/Wilson.  But, it's August 16th, and my mindset is win football games and enjoy the season.

I get it my friend, and I hope someday you and I can enjoy a Jets SB victory virtually or bump elbows unknowingly at the parade.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s more likely than not that Joe Flacco is going to go 17-31 for 221 yards 1TD, 2 INTs, gassing the defense throughout the entire game with bad drive after bad drive, and Baltimore is going to casually drop 34 on us, while JN collectively drops a “shocked Pikachu” face because the 37 year old statue QB is not Vinny Testaverde reincarnated.

For the record: this could, very well, have happened with Zach, but at least you’d be one step closer in figuring out what you have.  I don’t get the obsession with rooting for a QB who has absolutely zero future here, even if he played “ok”.  It solves absolutely nothing and only gives you a short term dopamine rush before it all comes crashing down the following year, after you’ve signed that veteran to a 1-2 year deal worth 16-18 million per year.

I'll root for him because he is a jet, who will help with the offensive weapons that have been put in place.

I would do the same with Wilson, or White or some hobo off the street.

This team is only one season long, every year.  I'll root for this year's team like every other this years team.

The question, why would anyone root against him or any Jet for that matter?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

He was behind... But from my viewing, had a pretty strong chance to get ahead of him by the time the ball got there.  He was moving in that direction, and is pretty much even when the ball is picked.

ID`k, from my view he was behind and the only way he was getting to the ball was by committing an INT.  Anyway I look at it, it was a bad pass that shouldn’t have happened and as I said, hopefully it was lesson learned

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

We suddenly have a lot of weapons on offense, and there's a possibility we may have some guys who can get after the QB, which hasn't really been the case since Abraham.

True, but keep in mind you're talking about a lot of rookies aside from the new (FAs) and young vets. They could get into the playoffs, but to do damage against talented established teams with experience that our guys don't have is admirably idealistic, and requires a ton of luck imo. After this year the core of the team will 1st and 2nd year vets, and the last few obvious holes on the team (LB) in particular will be filled. The team is being set up to succeed regularly for once. Even if ZW doesn't work out the next guy is walking onto a talented young well rounded roster for once.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Any win with Flacco is a meaningless win that I will not be happy with.  I may not be watching, but my hope is that skill guys like Michael Carter, Breece Hall, Elijah Moore, and Garrett Wilson gain experience through reps, along with guys like Gardner or Jermaine Johnson on the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone else can go scratch, for all I care.  Flacco to Davis, Berrios, Conklin, Uzomah, etc. does nothing for me.  At all.  Zero.

If you're going to stop watching why don't you stop posting too. Give us a a break.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

BTW I think our boy Mims had a false start on the video clip of him working on specials.  Then an absolutely joke of a tackle on the tackling dummy (no wrap up).  Classic that on a clip of Mims working on making himself more valuable he commits a penalty.

What's even more classic is someone digs through this video clips to try and pile on  whipping boy # 3 for 2022. #1 being Becton, #2 being Zach 

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What's even more classic is someone digs through this video clips to try and pile on  whipping boy # 3 for 2022. #1 being Becton, #2 being Zach 

Well, seeing the current state of whipping boys #'s 1 and 2, I'd wager on JN going 3/3 with whipping boy #3.

We made it to the AFC championship game one year with Sanchez throwing 9 touchdown passes in the regular season. If everything pans out like we see it on paper, we might not need our QB to be all world or all anything. Hence the reason we are going with Flacco right now. 

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We made it to the AFC championship game one year with Sanchez throwing 9 touchdown passes in the regular season. If everything pans out like we see it on paper, we might not need our QB to be all world or all anything. Hence the reason we are going with Flacco right now. 

We had the number 1 defense and running game in the league abs also the league was just different. Nowadays, there are too many good offenses.

You have to be able to score some points, particularly through the air - unless you are telling me the Jets are going to have a legitimately dominant defense. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

We had the number 1 defense and running game in the league abs also the league was just different. Nowadays, there are too many good offenses.

You have to be able to score some points, particularly through the air - unless you are telling me the Jets are going to have a legitimately dominant defense. 

No didn’t really mean that we will do something this year. But in due time we could have a pretty good defense, running game and O lline where we won’t need a top 10 quarterback. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

No didn’t really mean that we will do something this year. But in due time we could have a pretty good defense, running game and O lline where we won’t need a top 10 quarterback. 

Gotcha. 

I want to believe in this defense but I need to see the pass rush shine in a real game. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s more likely than not that Joe Flacco is going to go 17-31 for 221 yards 1TD, 2 INTs, gassing the defense throughout the entire game with bad drive after bad drive, and Baltimore is going to casually drop 34 on us, while JN collectively drops a “shocked Pikachu” face because the 37 year old statue QB is not Vinny Testaverde reincarnated.

For the record: this could, very well, have happened with Zach, but at least you’d be one step closer in figuring out what you have.  I don’t get the obsession with rooting for a QB who has absolutely zero future here, even if he played “ok”.  It solves absolutely nothing and only gives you a short term dopamine rush before it all comes crashing down the following year, after you’ve signed that veteran to a 1-2 year deal worth 16-18 million per year.

let me splain....no let me sum up:
WE WANT TO F*CKING WIN GAMES ALREADY!!!!!

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Truth is, I just can't bring myself to get excited about Wilson.  I'd probably feel differently if I thought there was a better shot of him turning it around.  But, and hopefully I'm wrong, or too early - I just don't feel good about his chances based on what I've seen.

So, I'm not as fired up about the future.  I don't know anything about the top QBs coming out, and I'm tired of investing in them in case maybe we get to draft one and maybe that one won't suck.  I think I'd rather just cheer on Sunday and then go back to life.

I mean this with no offense, but I do think there's a youthful component to it.  Because, there was certainly a time when I felt exactly that way.  It wasn't that long ago.  But, now I've got two young kids and I work pretty hard during the week (not so much today - ha) and watching football is a sacrifice.  One I'd certainly make time for if it wasn't so damn miserable.  But, how many Sundays in the last decade in front of a Jets game (at least on TV) were a better day than you could have had outside somewhere?  Apple picking and cider donuts, or Zach Wilson throwing 4 picks against the Pats?

And yet, you are here on your day off.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Any win with Flacco is a meaningless win that I will not be happy with.  I may not be watching, but my hope is that skill guys like Michael Carter, Breece Hall, Elijah Moore, and Garrett Wilson gain experience through reps, along with guys like Gardner or Jermaine Johnson on the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone else can go scratch, for all I care.  Flacco to Davis, Berrios, Conklin, Uzomah, etc. does nothing for me.  At all.  Zero.

As an example, Moore's splits with/without Wilson last year did not paint a pretty picture of how Wilson was playing. Moore did miss Wilson's better games, but Moore's elite stretch came with White and Flacco. Moore is potentially a really good NFL receiver, but I don't know if we or anyone else in the league will know just how good if he's getting dragged down by his QB play.

That may or may not happen with Wilson versus Flacco or White or whoever, but if Flacco happens to be the better option to give the other offensive skill guys a chance to develop, grow, and play well there is value in that. Especially in an era where guys push their way off of teams to move to good situations. 

Teams also have done at least as well bringing in and developing quarterbacks when they have established talent - the need to have a top 5 pick to get a QB is overrated. Sometimes there's a special guy #1, sometimes there isn't, but the #2-5 range overall is pretty ugly historically and there are some pretty nice results from six to the teens.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The cardinals did the smart thing with Rosen. The jets are and 9ers are forcing the situation due to draft position and costs. You don’t have to pick top 5 to get a QB. Wilson is obtuse. That hasn’t changed since he got here and he was awful last week. He’s also soft and breaks easily. No touch, misses the easy throws. The jets will go back to Flacco after the offense looks good with him and terrible with Wilson. 

You can’t mention the Cardinals doing the right thing and then talk about not needing to pick in the top 5 considering that the only reason the Cardinals did that was because they had a new coaching staff and the 1st overall pick.

39 minutes ago, derp said:

As an example, Moore's splits with/without Wilson last year did not paint a pretty picture of how Wilson was playing. Moore did miss Wilson's better games, but Moore's elite stretch came with White and Flacco. Moore is potentially a really good NFL receiver, but I don't know if we or anyone else in the league will know just how good if he's getting dragged down by his QB play.

That may or may not happen with Wilson versus Flacco or White or whoever, but if Flacco happens to be the better option to give the other offensive skill guys a chance to develop, grow, and play well there is value in that. Especially in an era where guys push their way off of teams to move to good situations. 

Funny how you mention that last part.  You wanna watch Elijah Moore demand a trade?  Keep giving him a rotating door of washed up veteran QBs.

39 minutes ago, derp said:

Teams also have done at least as well bringing in and developing quarterbacks when they have established talent - the need to have a top 5 pick to get a QB is overrated. Sometimes there's a special guy #1, sometimes there isn't, but the #2-5 range overall is pretty ugly historically and there are some pretty nice results from six to the teens.

This is cope.

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

If you're going to stop watching why don't you stop posting too. Give us a a break.

Every post that suggests this makes my resolve stronger and ensures that I will continue posting, out of spite.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can’t mention the Cardinals doing the right thing and then talk about not needing to pick in the top 5 considering that the only reason the Cardinals did that was because they had a new coaching staff and the 1st overall pick.

Wilson still stinks. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hawk said:

I'll root for him because he is a jet, who will help with the offensive weapons that have been put in place.

I would do the same with Wilson, or White or some hobo off the street.

This team is only one season long, every year.  I'll root for this year's team like every other this years team.

The question, why would anyone root against him or any Jet for that matter?

That’s very admirable and very nice of you.  I’m not deluding myself into believing that any win with Flacco is anything more than a meaningless, yet harmful, blockade to finding a franchise QB.  Half of you people preaching this are upset about drafting Wilson in the first place, as if beating the Rams and the Browns, with a QB who had no future here anymore, wasn’t the reason we ended up with him and not Trevor Lawrence.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

We have a young/talented foundation and Flacco has the tools to help the team develop properly on a short-term basis. We understand the nature of the QB position and the pressure from management to expedite his learning process. However, Zach Wilson is still a rookie by all merits and for this simple reason, there should not be any shame for him to sit back several games and continue to learn.  I truly believe that Zach will reek benefits by observing a seasoned veteran develop the team the right way for at least four (4) games.  Zach should only return if he is truly ready to lead this team and continue the proper development of the entire offense. 

The other caveat besides taking pressure off Zach Wilson is that the rest of the team will greatly benefit from a veteran leader. We have added a great pool of rookie talent with Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Ruckert, Max in addition to the sophomores.  It also seems that the energy around camp is higher with Flacco at the helm. Players are being more productive and happier (ex. Garrett Wilson).  I just think that Zach Wilson might slow down the progress of many players due to his own learning curve. 

I will support Flacco, White, Wilson or any other starting QB unless he is unreliable or simply not ready to lead the team.  

You and I have very different viewpoints of Joe Flacco.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Funny GIF by NBA

I namath-guarantee a Jets W week 1... this is Flacco's last stand, and he's just the kind of smug bastard that make sure he comes out on top vs Baltimore... he was never a Manning or Brady, but he showed he could flip a switch and get  pissy when pushed. 

Jets 1-0 going into week 2.

(that'll be the last game he wins lol)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Flacco rips apart the Ravens in the ultimate revenge game. Hands Zach the jets at 1-0, who then goes on to lead us to 6-2 of the first half. 

I’m all in with this!!  And if you any extra of those hallucinogens your taking, ship them my way 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

While I vehemently disagree with 99% of the Flacco analysis, I can certainly forgive you for wanting what you want.  I just want to be treated the same way and have people understand that I will not be watching one snap of Flacco, nor will I be rooting for any victories with him under center, because I feel the opposite that you do, in the sense that I would trade a horrendous season or two in for the potential of 10-15 great years.  Maybe it’s the last bit of my youth hanging on to this idea that a year or two isn’t as long as it seems, but that’s just how I feel.  As of today, until we know more about Wilson’s timetable, I will not be watching Week 1 for the first time in all the years I’ve watched football.  I have no interest and I don’t have it in me to root for a washed up 37 year old back-up.  The last time I felt the way I did was 2017, with McCown, and I vividly remember how miserable I was watching that game.  I’ve made the tentative plans to go out and do something else, and I’m already thinking about what to do Week 2.

If Zach Wilson is truly a great QB, winning the starting QB job back from Joe Flacco should not be a problem.

He will be given every opportunity once healthy. Every person in the FO wants what you want.

Rooting for a loss Week 1 seems a bit much. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s very admirable and very nice of you.  I’m not deluding myself into believing that any win with Flacco is anything more than a meaningless, yet harmful, blockade to finding a franchise QB.  Half of you people preaching this are upset about drafting Wilson in the first place, as if beating the Rams and the Browns, with a QB who had no future here anymore, wasn’t the reason we ended up with him and not Trevor Lawrence.

That is all fine and dandy.  Obviously the next best thing to a super bowl win is an 0-16 season?

The whole purpose of the off-season is to better the product on the field.  The purpose is not to have a poor product on the field to better your chances in the off-season.

Every player on the field is out to win the game.  They do not care about who the generational QB is in the next draft.  

Let's say we got Lawrence, who by the way hasn't lived in to his hype, and he hurt his knee two years in a row.  Then what's the argument?   What if Jacksonville went Wilson 1 and Lawrence fell.  What's the argument?

The end result, the players on the roster.  Correct?

Again, what is the point for rooting against any player?  What's the alternative here and now?  White?  Trade for another JAG?