Who’s your current favorite WFAN personality?

Who’s your favorite WFAN/ESPN personality?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your favorite?

• Don LaGreca
    • Tiki Barber
    • Tierney guy
    • Evan Roberts
    • Craig Carton
    • Greg Giannoti
    • Boomer Esiason
    • Rothenberg
    • DiPietro
    • Bart Scott
    • Maggie
    • Moose
    • Danielle McCartan
    • They are all awesome
    • Michael Kay
    • Steve Rosenberg

19 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

image.png.5158be635466b91a064ad995e7087240.png

So what people have more opportunities to watch remotely now they’re making more money than ever (they took a hit during COVID and are bouncing back). Far from being “dead.” If you want to move the goal posts and argue they’re losing popularity ok but “baseball has been dead for 20 years” is absurd and debunked thoroughly.

PS my chart goes back 20 years and yours does not.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

So what people have more opportunities to watch remotely now they’re making more money than ever (they took a hit during COVID and are bouncing back). Far from being “dead.” If you want to move the goal posts and argue they’re losing popularity ok but “baseball has been dead for 20 years” is absurd and debunked thoroughly.

PS my chart goes back 20 years and yours does not.

image.png.4018a8e98a3acd5bfe2d393d66e955f0.png

I loved baseball until 2000, I honestly can't watch it.  Maybe its the slow pace.  Maybe its that every player looks like a cast off from Duck Dynasty.

image.thumb.png.6e1e95cc5d256881dc63ae6f315efdaa.png

image.png.717a8a8cc31c26c8ea60fcff7deb2821.png

image.png.1540206f41e50f388aade90fd1b67fd4.png

image.thumb.png.3f06f9051d4a0f4bd89116f032efa6ac.png

• Haha 1

Where is the "They're all bad" option?  How about a "They're all awful" option?  I listened for a few minutes (which is as much as I can stand) the other day.  I think there was a substitute host (maybe "C Lo"?) on due to it being summer.  It was someone for Carton & Roberts (who are awful in their own right).  Anyway it sounded like I missed the previous caller saying that he was trying too hard or didn't sound sincere (something like that) I think due to him raising his voice a lot.  The host said something like "I can talk in a controlled radio voice [then he did kind of a Richard Neer impression] but that's not who I am.  I'm electric (or some word like that)".  Basically the guy was patting himself on the back as being a fiery sports radio host.  It was an embarrassment.  WFAN is unlistenable.  The only exception I think I can make is Richard Neer.  I know everyone hates him but I enjoy that he's not an in-your-face type guy.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where is the "They're all bad" option?  How about a "They're all awful" option?  I listened for a few minutes (which is as much as I can stand) the other day.  I think there was a substitute host (maybe "C Lo"?) on due to it being summer.  It was someone for Carton & Roberts (who are awful in their own right).  Anyway it sounded like I missed the previous caller saying that he was trying too hard or didn't sound sincere (something like that) I think due to him raising his voice a lot.  The host said something like "I can talk in a controlled radio voice [then he did kind of a Richard Neer impression] but that's not who I am.  I'm electric (or some word like that)".  Basically the guy was patting himself on the back as being a fiery sports radio host.  It was an embarrassment.  WFAN is unlistenable.  The only exception I think I can make is Richard Neer.  I know everyone hates him but I enjoy that he's not an in-your-face type guy.  

Please don't tell me it was Chris Lopresti. I liked him when I used to listen. Then again he mostly did the sports news stuff right before the 20 minute ad breaks. 

8 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Please don't tell me it was Chris Lopresti. I liked him when I used to listen. Then again he mostly did the sports news stuff right before the 20 minute ad breaks. 

I don't know if it was him for sure.  Maybe Sal Licata?

EDIT: I just listened to Sal's voice and I think it was him.  

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

image.png.4018a8e98a3acd5bfe2d393d66e955f0.png

I loved baseball until 2000, I honestly can't watch it.  Maybe its the slow pace.  Maybe its that every player looks like a cast off from Duck Dynasty.

image.thumb.png.6e1e95cc5d256881dc63ae6f315efdaa.png

image.png.717a8a8cc31c26c8ea60fcff7deb2821.png

image.png.1540206f41e50f388aade90fd1b67fd4.png

image.thumb.png.3f06f9051d4a0f4bd89116f032efa6ac.png

Less problems with facial hair than the pace of the game. It's s-l-o-w. There are almost no balls put in play most games. Too much pitchers staring intently for a sign while batter steps out every pitch. The batter/pitcher confronation is much less compelling when it takes all night.  Long stretches when there's nothing happening. The rest of life sped up, and MLB decided to slow it down even further.

If you look at game times for the 1970s and well into the ealry 1990s, msot MLB games took roughly 2 to 2.5 hours. Now, forget it.Was a big Yankees fan, now could not tell you the last time I watched a game for even 5 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was listening and heard this as well.

I am with you on Richard Neer. I know people think he is boring and lulls you to sleep but he actually does the job the way it was intended. Have someone call in and give their opinion or ask a question. Let them speak and don't cut them off until they are finished.

Basically have a civil conversation.

I think that is the premise of sprots talk radio.

• Upvote 1

I haven't listened to WFAN in eons (podcasts are the way to go, as others have said). My old man still listens to it so once in a while when we're in the car together I'll catch a glimpse of it and man, it is rough.

Even with the ho-hum content, the 6-8 minute commercial breaks are the real killer. In this day and I age I can't fathom listening to commercials for that long.