Who’s your current favorite WFAN personality?

Who’s your favorite WFAN/ESPN personality?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your favorite?

• Don LaGreca
    • Tiki Barber
    • Tierney guy
    • Evan Roberts
    • Craig Carton
    • Greg Giannoti
    • Boomer Esiason
    • Rothenberg
    • DiPietro
    • Bart Scott
    • Maggie
    • Moose
    • Danielle McCartan
    • They are all awesome
    • Michael Kay
    • Steve Rosenberg

Don't listen to any of it for a very long time. Also coincides with no longer caring about baseball. No real insight; on the occasions it happens to be on, sounds a lot like most of the supposed hot takes are contrived and repetitive. ANd who wants to hear that? Music and podcasts, it is.

But Brandon Tierney's dad has been a family friend since I was a tyke, and Don Lagreca once was very nice and cordial to a bunch of us at a Mets game, when he didn't have to be.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Don is my favorite, I feel like I can just grab a beer with him.  Tierney is my next.  I like the Kay show so he’s 3rd.  I have a soft spot for boomer cause he’s been around the longest, jets alum.  The rest are losers.

What about Craig Carton? He’s hilarious and talented. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Haven’t listened to WFAN in probably about 20-25 years and the Only one I really enjoyed listening too was Tony Paige. Liked The Schmooze but could only take him for very short periods. His voice just got to me like nails on a blackboard 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't listen to any of it for a very long time. Also coincides with no longer caring about baseball. No real insight; on the occasions it happens to be on, sounds a lot like most of the supposed hot takes are contrived and repetitive. ANd who wants to hear that? Music and podcasts, it is.

But Brandon Tierney's dad has been a family friend since I was a tyke, and Don Lagreca once was very nice and cordial to a bunch of us at a Mets game, when he didn't have to be.

Yep baseball has been dead for 20 years

Craig Carton just seems a bit rougher around the edges since his jail stint and his voice got deeper and raspier. He's still very good and he's he's got the personality but Evan Roberts holds that show together. Also always love Bart Scott.

Pretty much any of them are unlistenable after about 10 min (at most). Carton...a minute at most. I feel bad for Evan. He deserves better than babysitting that guy. I'd pick him if I had to pick one, but with schmoozer gone, I really don't listen to anything but music and football podcasts. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't listened in a few years after being someone who listened nearly every day. Was a big fan of Steve Sommers, Tony Paige and John Jastremski. JJ Afta Dawk was great and they let him walk. 

Absolutely cannot stand Evan Roberts. Hey it's December wanna hear my hot Mets takes? Nope. Hey it's July, let's talk Brooklyn Nets. Nope. Also, not sure if he still does this, he has a terrible habit of dropping his crap political opinions incessantly. I listen to that stuff to NOT hear politics. That 3 person crew of Maggie, Bart and Carlin were the drizzling sh*ts with this stuff too. Especially Maggie. Hope it turns into a country station. 

From my experience if you want to hear people talk about actual sports there's some good YT channels and podcasters out there who are sports handicappers. Not touts, mind you. Touts are garbage humans. 

22 hours ago, AltonBrown said:

I like them all. 

When I left NY in 1995 I missed Mike and the Mad dog like crazy.  I was a fan of Suzie Waldman doing Yankee games and many more.  Now, I never listen to sports radio anymore. I just enjoy the games, post on this site, read a few articles etc.

NY and VERY FEW other cities are big enough to have channels that are 75 percent NY sports.

Here in Charlotte , our local stations talk TONS of NBA, college, etc...

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Richard Neer is the best . He listens to the callers and actually talks with people as opposed to talking down to callers .

70's - 80's: WNEW FM 102.7  

Rich Neer, Night Bird Allison, Steele, Pete Fornutel <sp?>, Dennis Elsas, and my favorite, Scott Muni.

Their broadcasts pretty much established my musical tastes for life.  I was about  8 or 9 and always listeneed to AM radio garbage (WMCA, WABC, Cousin Brucie et al.) on my transistor radio.  I lived in APT 6D and the teenager below me in 5D would play loud music that I could easily hear under my tiny room.  One day I heard what station she was listening to (102.7) and that's when I discovered a whole new musical world.

edit: sorry for digressing from this exciting thread topic.  Actually, not really.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jet Nut said:

Bart Scott cracks me up for some reason

Totally over the top schtick. Followed in Ray Lucas’ footsteps. It’s fun, effective but kinda gets weary and obnoxious after awhile. Seems all these ex players dive head deep into the shock, finger pointing approach. Not very genuine. 

9785CE51-4BD0-4530-8432-A744507F99D1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Totally over the top schtick. Followed in Ray Lucas’ footsteps. It’s fun, effective but kinda gets weary and obnoxious after awhile. Seems all these ex players dive head deep into the shock, finger pointing approach. Not very genuine. 

9785CE51-4BD0-4530-8432-A744507F99D1.jpeg

Difference between Bart and Lucas is Bart makes more sense.  I liked Lucas but he could get on some pretty dumb rants

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Difference between Bart and Lucas is Bart makes more sense.  I liked Lucas but he could get on some pretty dumb rants

Two sides of the same coin. Actually I like them both. Miss Ray. Can you imagine if we had a turd like Tiki Barber doing post game stuff. I’d need a new tv every week.

• Haha 1