I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I prepare myself that any QB could be a bust. Anything else is upside.

I guess the question is if he struggled early how long do they stick with him? Jets have a lot of young players who could benefit from playing with Flacco. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 10
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

No switch unless injured. We can’t know whether to stick with or move on without data. It’s his season or bust.

I hate this. Reminds me of the fans who wanted to play Petty and Hackenberg instead of Fitzpatrick. There are 52 other guys on this roster who deserve to play with a real QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

I guess the question is if he struggled early how long do they stick with him? Jets have a lot of young players who could benefit from playing with Flacco. 

1998: The young QB with mobility and moxy chosen as the starter by the coaching regime - Glen Foley

After 2 games and an injury to the young incumbent with an 0-2 record, the grizzled veteran QB who’s best days are past him steps in for 14 games, starting 13, leading the 1998 Jets to a 12-2 record under his leadership and a historically team best record of 12-4 and the first ever Jets division championship and a trip to the AFCCG.

that QB was Vincenzo Testaverde.

im rooting for Wilson, but I’m very happy with the insurance policy of SB MVP Joe Flacco  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is the same OP who after signing up on Tuesday followed that up with the “which WFAN personality is your favorite” thread.

He likes them all, highlighted Carton. 

Carton is hilarious. He’s also an inspiring guy the way he overcame his addiction and now helps others. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

How am I a troll? I am a lonely guy, but I never personally insult anyone or do anything negative. Are people really this sensitive?

I don’t think you’re a troll. I think you’re just wrong. Keep doing you, bro. Welcome to JN :) 

3 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

How am I a troll? I am a lonely guy, but I never personally insult anyone or do anything negative. Are people really this sensitive?

What does the slang word troll mean?

2 : a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities.— Mattathias Schwartz.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I’m not fragile. I think it’s likely Wilson busts. This is about a former banned poster creating a new username spamming the board with horrible threads. 

Who's the former poster? And is everyone that has this opinion a banned poster or do you get banned because you have this opinion?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

What does the slang word troll mean?

2 : a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities.— Mattathias Schwartz.

To be fair, I think we are awfully liberal in defining what is “inflammatory” around here.

• Haha 2