I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

51 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  I have no idea what your obsession with Connor Hughes is, but it’s very weird, even for a troll.

2.  Connor also said that he and the offense put on a show the last two days of mandatory minicamp.  Then he followed it up by saying that, in the first two TC practices, Wilson and the offense looked better than they had all of spring/June.

3.  Hughes did not play college football at Monmouth.  A very quick Google search would have told you that, but something tells me that you already knew this.

I would have gone with, "Oh, hi Connor."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

From the OP:

I guess the question is if he struggled early how long do they stick with him? Jets have a lot of young players who could benefit from playing with Flacco. 

How do you read this?  A vote of confidence?

Fair enough,  I have very little faith that  Zach can play, but agree you have to give him the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

That and I’m just a fake Jets fan secretly hoping he fails from my mother’s basement.

Consistency is what I want to see from a starting QB. Right now he's Geno Smith part 2. In fact he's not even as good (or shall I say: he is as bad as) Smith. Even when he went 3-13 Geno still threw 13 TDs and had 13 INTs. Look guys I hope we're wrong about Zach Wilson but I don't see him being anything special nor do I think he can lead a team into the playoffs and with the talent that this team seems to have, he SHOULD be winning 2 to every 1 loss

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Calling for the replacement of the franchise QB after 4 practices with them being mostly positive, qualifies in my world.   Especially coming from a guy with 20 something posts on the board.

The specific does not challenge the general.

38 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Consistency is what I want to see from a starting QB. Right now he's Geno Smith part 2. In fact he's not even as good (or shall I say: he is as bad as) Smith. Even when he went 3-13 Geno still threw 13 TDs and had 13 INTs. Look guys I hope we're wrong about Zach Wilson but I don't see him being anything special nor do I think he can lead a team into the playoffs and with the talent that this team seems to have, he SHOULD be winning 2 to every 1 loss

There is nothing Tom Brady can do physically that Geno cannot (except breathe with his mouth closed). Consistency is what separates the JAGs from the greats.

This is also why whenever I see someone tout “flashes,” I…

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Haven't seen so many men invested in if a young man sucks or not since those fun fun days at the Ramrod club. 

*sashays out of topic*

I envy you for apparently being in a coma since 1999 :) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AltonBrown said:

I hate this. Reminds me of the fans who wanted to play Petty and Hackenberg instead of Fitzpatrick. There are 52 other guys on this roster who deserve to play with a real QB. 

Watch the Tampa game from last year.  Had Brady beat for 59:30 and was consistently moving the ball all game long with No WRs, No RBs and a beat up OL.

Wilson is a “real” QB.  The question now is whether he can consistently play the way he did in that game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Watch the Tampa game from last year.  Had Brady beat for 59:30 and was consistently moving the ball all game long with No WRs, No RBs and a beat up OL.

Wilson is a “real” QB.  The question now is whether he can consistently play the way he did in that game.

I made a hole in 1 once. Now all I gotta do is do that consistently and I’ll be a tour player.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is nothing Tom Brady can do physically that Geno cannot (except breathe with his mouth closed). Consistency is what separates the JAGs from the greats.

This is also why whenever I see someone tout “flashes,” I…

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Youve got to walk before you run, unless the runs are diarrhea.

14 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I'm talking about this guy.  You are making this about the board in general.

When you quote a definition of a word, you may get some comment regarding the application of it.

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

Agreed, and that may not work out either. I actually believe they absolutely intended to take Jones at three and then the media and fan back lash made them blink at the last minute.  Jones in that offense would have been an immediate upgrade over Jimmy G.

Wilson showed more potential upside last year than the rest of his draft class, also a high degree of bust risk.

I’d rather he busts with the chance of him being great than have drafted a Mac Jones, who will Never you a SB, and will have lots of difficulty negotiating a long play off run because of wind and cold, you know?

If the objective is always trying to win a SB....you don’t draft Mac Jones.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Youve got to walk before you run, unless the runs are diarrhea.

Having the ability to “flash” the occasional professional-quality play is the barest of minimum job qualifications to be paid $660,000 (or much more) per annum to play a children’s game.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

I made a hole in 1 once. Now all I gotta do is do that consistently and I’ll be a tour player.

So that showed that you were at least able to drive a ball that far, therefore you shouldn’t just quit because while lucky it showed some potential talent to keep getting better.

You don’t think Wilson cleaned up his game a lot after coming back?  It was obvious to all that not only was he playing on a team seriously devoid of Talent, but he was definitely in over his head initially, just like many Rookie QBs.

Do you think it’s already all over for Wilson?  He hasn’t even played a snap a year after his Rookie season.  Most of these kids picked as QBs in the 1st Rd bust, so it’s real easy to project that will happen.  The odds then are of course against Wilson and the rest of his QB class, but he does possess talent....LOTS of talent.

13 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Wilson showed more potential upside last year than the rest of his draft class, also a high degree of bust risk.

I’d rather he busts with the chance of him being great than have drafted a Mac Jones, who will Never you a SB, and will have lots of difficulty negotiating a long play off run because of wind and cold, you know?

If the objective is always trying to win a SB....you don’t draft Mac Jones.

We simply disagree in terms of evaluation of both QBs, and that's fine, time will prove who's going to be correct. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So that showed that you were at least able to drive a ball that far, therefore you shouldn’t just quit because while lucky it showed some potential talent to keep getting better.

It was a par 3. I blow at golf. 

You don’t think Wilson cleaned up his game a lot after coming back?  It was obvious to all that not only was he playing on a team seriously devoid of Talent, but he was definitely in over his head initially, just like many Rookie QBs.

I think they severely restricted what they asked him to do. 

Do you think it’s already all over for Wilson?  He hasn’t even played a snap a year after his Rookie season.  Most of these kids picked as QBs in the 1st Rd bust, so it’s real easy to project that will happen.  The odds then are of course against Wilson and the rest of his QB class, but he does possess talent....LOTS of talent.

It's not over but as they say, the Fat Lady is warming up her voice. I am 100% on board for him to get every snap this year. If he doesn't take a significant sophomore step, I will write him off.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yeah, that must be it. I don't have any illusions about Zach Wilson at this point. But I can smell a troll a mile away. Your pungeant, sick sweat is a give away.

Me or the other poster, trying to keep it straight. Again, like Zach Wilson, Jet fans, don't troll? 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

It was a par 3. I blow at golf. 

I think they severely restricted what they asked him to do. 

It's not over but as they say, the Fat Lady is warming up her voice. I am 100% on board for him to get every snap this year. If he doesn't take a significant sophomore step, I will write him off.

That’s fair.  I think that because of the amount of talent now invested in the Offense.  Fast WR’s who can even sometimes make acrobatic catches.  Nice talent at RB, most importantly heavy investment on the OL and unbelievably the Jets in 2022 have something that’s called a TE.  I’m very unfamiliar as to what that actually is but other teams say it’s good to have at least one.

Wilson has more than enough on the field and along with a year under his belt with the O, to definitely make a definitive judgement on him this year.  But to call him out on Training Camp, I won’t do that.

• Upvote 1