I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

I understand the legitimate arguments of the Zach is a bust people. Although I may think some of them are suffering from QB Ptsd I see the overall legitimacy of the argument even if I don't agree with the conclusion. 

That said bringing up this pick 6 as a sign of something and then glossing over the 2 TDs he threw right after that is Shaqin a fool levels bad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Having the ability to “flash” the occasional professional-quality play is the barest of minimum job qualifications to be paid $660,000 (or much more) per annum to play a children’s game.

I think we forget that these " guys" are just out of college and more like kids.  Some need time and nurturing.  The Jets have to take the long position-for way too long they were looking for quick fixes and ended up with washed up vets and retreads.   Look at Mims this year and everybody wanted to trade him for a bag of chips.  On the other hand, when its obvious its not working out, (Zuniga, Herndon) its time to move on.  Its a delicate balance and everybody has a different idea about how much time is " too much".  Remember when Peyton threw like 30 interceptions his first year?  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

1998: The young QB with mobility and moxy chosen as the starter by the coaching regime - Glen Foley

After 2 games and an injury to the young incumbent with an 0-2 record, the grizzled veteran QB who’s best days are past him steps in for 14 games, starting 13, leading the 1998 Jets to a 12-2 record under his leadership and a historically team best record of 12-4 and the first ever Jets division championship and a trip to the AFCCG.

that QB was Vincenzo Testaverde.

im rooting for Wilson, but I’m very happy with the insurance policy of SB MVP Joe Flacco  

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ? ? ? ? I mean ya gotta love this site. Right!

So You’re  comparing Flacco, circa Vinny 1998, who essentially hit his prime as a QB. Granted Flacco won a SB. Good for him. But that was like thousands of years ago. Flacco is done, burnt like a roasted marshmallow. I’d rather resurrect George Blanda through a gypsy seance than see Flacco in a Jets uniform. 

4360847F-9AB1-4F34-9F94-CA3047EC68E0.png

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think we forget that these " guys" are just out of college and more like kids.  Some need time and nurturing.  The Jets have to take the long position-for way too long they were looking for quick fixes and ended up with washed up vets and retreads.   Look at Mims this year and everybody wanted to trade him for a bag of chips.  On the other hand, when its obvious its not working out, (Zuniga, Herndon) its time to move on.  Its a delicate balance and everybody has a different idea about how much time is " too much".  Remember when Peyton threw like 30 interceptions his first year?  

Yes all of this is true. It's also true that I don't get excited for flash plays. A flash game (which I define as being the best player on the field that day), things get a little bit interesting. Do it a few times, then I'm excited.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s a dope from Philly, I got that part.  I didn’t quote a fake twitter a count

…?

i was referencing the back and forth between various people in the thread (including you) who were quoting and discussing a fake tweet. Just wanted to let everyone know — because I’d want to know.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dreams said:

When does it become fact, one game in? Just checking because many here still refuse to  admit Darnold was a bust.

First, I spelled hearsay wrong. I have corrected it.

Hearsay is second hand information which may or may not be fact. I was merely pointing out that the OP was basing his whole premise on someone else's observations rather than his own. I did not address when or if Wilson would bust.

Omg- can we play a few “ regular season games “before we all slit our wrist please?

would I be shocked if he doesn’t ever light the world on fire? Of course not- after all- these are our Jets and we’ve other than a season here season there have never had great play from the quarterback position. Doesn’t mean ( in time) this group can’t make some noise as a unit. Chill the **** out and just hope we can be competitive and enjoy some football around here for a change. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AltonBrown said:

Connor is pretty good at this. I am Able to tell who will be good based on Connors camp observations. 

i don't know if you are trolling, but Connor knows as much about football as any educated poster on this board.

• Upvote 1

Its 4 practices. Wilson (assuming he is healthy) is going to start all the games this year (as he should). We should all know by the end of this year what he is going to be. 

Part of the issue (at least for me) is that since the social media coverage of practices has started, we are getting more in depth coverage of the practices than we ever could in the past. Unfortunately, the Jets have not had very good QB play over the last 10 years so I can't really compare Wilson's practice performance to how "good" QBs perform in practice. That being said, I think we should all agree that we would like to see fewer days where Wilson throws picks in the red zone. Then again, if he plays lights out in the first month of the season, no one will remember what happened in the 4th practice. 

This is all a very long way of saying that I don't know what the hell to make out of what we are reading about Wilson in practice. 

• Upvote 4

He will dominate this season .... throw for 4000 yds... 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio.

Lead us to an 8-9 .. 9-8 season .. contract dialog opens to get him extended for the next decade after the 2023 season.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1