I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m not fragile. I think it’s likely Wilson busts. This is about a former banned poster creating a new username spamming the board with horrible threads. 

And it’s my PSA. Do you really want another Darnold situation where fans are at each others throats for 3 years? Would like us all to just universally see the light for a change. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Reporting what Conner is watching? Think about that statement for a bit.

Where I come from, we call that heresay.

When does it become fact, one game in? Just checking because many here still refuse to  admit Darnold was a bust.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dreams said:

Who's the former poster? And is everyone that has this opinion a banned poster or do you get banned because you have this opinion?

Young QBs are Lightning rods. If you say anything negative about them in the first couple of years you are downvoted hard. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

What does the slang word troll mean?

2 : a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities.— Mattathias Schwartz.

Can’t think of anyone who fits that description here. ? 

• Haha 4

Or we can prepare ourselves for Wilson to be a superstar? Both scenarios are just as possible based on the report of one play in training camp. Nowhere in the tweet did I see Hughes make any statements about Zach’s future, he just reported on a bad throw. So based on that I would say the sky is either falling or the future is incredibly bright.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I dunno how anyone could be "unprepared" for Wilson being a bust at this point.

It's not just looking like a possibility its looking reasonably likely.

The kid has a ton of talent, but was a lot more raw than they expected. 

Jets keep doing this. Selecting these young, raw QBs, and throwing them in the fire before they are ready. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Or we can prepare ourselves for Wilson to be a superstar? Both scenarios are just as possible based on the report of one play in training camp. Nowhere in the tweet did I see Hughes make any statements about Zach’s future, he just reported on a bad throw. So based on that I would say the sky is either falling or the future is incredibly bright.

Connor is a professional. He’s not going to make a statement like that. He reports The facts and will only give his opinion if asked. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

One abysmal season, Jet fans “It’s time to prepare yourself for the possibility of Zach Wilson being a bust” 

ftfy

Sure he has the arm and is more comfortable with the playbook, but still, nothing tells me Zach won’t be running backwards 20 yards at the first sign of pressure week 1.  Nothing wrong with preparing for possible disappointment after this cloud nine offseason.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

Connor is pretty good at this. I am Able to tell who will be good based on Connors camp observations. 

I love coming into contact with people that are gullible enough to buy into beat writer click bait. That aren't many left but those of you remaining are the special ones. 

2 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

Jets keep doing this. Selecting these young, raw QBs, and throwing them in the fire before they are ready. 

Zach was always a "projection." He's talented but really only had a breakthrough season against weak competition.

I don't really have a problem with them starting him after a year -- unlike Darnold I don't think Zach was put in a "tough spot." This team has real talent on offense and a QB friendly scheme.

If Zach busts it's because he's not good enough.

Obviously we need to see how 2022 plays out but I am similarly aligned that I don't want to stick with a bad young QB just because we drafted him high. If Wilson can't play I want to move on. The rest of this team is moving in the right direction and one bad pick shouldn't hold us back. I'm sick of rooting for a loser.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

This is what's most infuriating, how the hell do you use the 3 pick of the draft on a guy that was pure projection?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love coming into contact with people that are gullible enough to buy into beat writer click bait. That aren't many left but those of you remaining are the special ones. 

Actually its those like you that want to pretend the boat isn't sinking until it's up to you neck that are the special ones. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

To be fair, I think we are awfully liberal in defining what is “inflammatory” around here.

Calling for the replacement of the franchise QB after 4 practices with them being mostly positive, qualifies in my world.   Especially coming from a guy with 20 something posts on the board.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s what the 49ers did, the Jets used the second pick. 

Agreed, and that may not work out either. I actually believe they absolutely intended to take Jones at three and then the media and fan back lash made them blink at the last minute.  Jones in that offense would have been an immediate upgrade over Jimmy G.

Connor is a professional. He’s not going to make a statement like that. He reports The facts and will only give his opinion if asked. 

Exactly, and 3 minutes after the tweet linked in the post, the same Connor Hughes tweeted how Wilson bounced back nicely after the pick six to throw 2 TD passes to Smith and Conklin.

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

To be fair, a tweet isn't really clickbait without a monetized ad or click, right?  Article headlines are clickbait to get views onto websites.  But I see your point.

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Calling for the replacement of the franchise QB after 4 practices with them being mostly positive, qualifies in my world.   Especially coming from a guy with 20 something posts on the board.

Who's calling for replacement? 

32 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

LOL, they are so not equally possible it's not even funny. 

6 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

At first I thought you were a Seahawks troll; but there's always the possibility you're a Bills or Pats guy. You're most definitely NOT a Jets fan. 

Why is he not a Jet fan, because he doesn't share you're delusional views on Zach? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, a tweet isn't really clickbait without a monetized ad or click, right?  Article headlines are clickbait to get views onto websites.  But I see your point.

Twitter engagement rates matter a ton. Posting generic tweets won't help while posting omg he was great or omg he was awful get far more engagements. 

• Upvote 1