I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a bust

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This place has gotten unbearable.   

The amount of Zach Wilson hate from Jet fans is just so strange.   

It's weird -  it's like we've done too well this offseason to even argue/post so much? 

I don't know what to say - I'm just excited. 

Let the haters predict failure. I'm having a great Summer and expecting fun Sundays come Fall.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, oatmeal said:

?

When the last time a team won a SB without a FQB?  Mid market Qb and a top WR and you have yourself a Vikings like team that: can’t win the big one and always out of prime draft position 

Nick Foles.   You also had Goff and Jimmy G make it (which I would happily take at this point).  

32 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Trent Dilfer

I’d argue 2015.  Peyton Manning wasn’t a FQB at that point.

You could also go with 2017, as Nick Foles just simply had the game of his life.  Sh*t, going further, we were a half of football away from seeing a Blake Bortles vs Nick Foles or Case Keenum Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Nick Foles.   You also had Goff and Jimmy G make it (which I would happily take at this point).  

Foles 2017 and Wentz the FQB carried them there and Goff and Jimmy both lost and were replaced. So yea kinda proves my point ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Right ..Rodger's didnt play for ****s sake.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Lol?  Yes I know that.  Zach was the worst QB in football, logically meaning any other QB would have been better/done less damage.  That does not mean he can't improve this year, but that was simply how it was last season.  Sorry if people here don't like me saying that.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Zach was the worst QB in football, logically meaning any other QB would have been better/done less damage.  That does not mean he can't improve this year, but that was simply how it was last season.  Sorry if people here don't like me saying that.

Keep saying it all you want. But it analytically and logically means nothing.

Intelligent analysts, pundits, and football brains skip your talking points because they don’t mean anything in terms a truthful narrative about where Zach currently is and where he’s heading into the future.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dreams said:

Why, honestly? Ask yourself this, if any other team used the third overall pick on a QB and that QB didn't only struggle in his 1st season, but put up the worst statistical season of 32 starting QBs in the league, would you think that the prospect of a bust is out of the realm of possibility? Do you know how many rookie QBs that ended up rated last in the league after their 1st season went on to be great QBs? How about average QBs? Answer "Not one.

I do not believe in argument by outlier but IIRC, Josh Allen was the 2nd worst rated QB his rookie year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This place has gotten unbearable.   

The amount of Zach Wilson hate from Jet fans is just so strange.   

Is worse than just the hate.  If ZW doesn't pan out,  he is the 1 guy that will have a multi year impact on our rebuild. We all should know this. 

Zach is getting this year no matter what.  If he should flop is means this year is lost,  next year we need yet another rookie qb giving up draft capital we should have used to finish the rebuild. Next year will be lost for a rookie qb and maybe we are looking at 2024, 2025 to win.... assuming Saleh and JD aren't fired by then. 

I just dont see much positive happening for the jets soon if Zach fails. So staking a flag in failure seems pretty goofy to me. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, AltonBrown said:

Connor is pretty good at this. I am Able to tell who will be good based on Connors camp observations. 

LOL. Connor the guy who said week 1 of Gase’s 1st TC how it was a joy watching Gase offense and not the HS offense Bates ran…

Connor the same guy that kept trashing Fant. 

He’s terrible and with a bigger ego than Keyshawn. Thank god he’s gone from The Athletic. 

If/when he appears on SNY it’ll be the perfect time to switch over to CBS pregame, make a beer run or hit the john

As for this topic/title. It’s another way to say “I told you ZW was going to bust”. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Is worse than just the hate.  If ZW doesn't pan out,  he is the 1 guy that will have a multi year impact on our rebuild. We all should know this. 

Zach is getting this year no matter what.  If he should flop is means this year is lost,  next year we need yet another rookie qb giving up draft capital we should have used to finish the rebuild. Next year will be lost for a rookie qb and maybe we are looking at 2024, 2025 to win.... assuming Saleh and JD aren't fired by then. 

I just dont see much positive happening for the jets soon if Zach fails. So staking a flag in failure seems pretty goofy to me. 

This team is built to win now - if Zach fails they'll go the vet route. 

With that said - I guess with so much on the line with Zach failing - why is there so much enthusiasm for him to fail? That's really the part of it I just don't get.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This team is built to win now - if Zach fails they'll go the vet route. 

With that said - I guess with so much on the line with Zach failing - why is there so much enthusiasm for him to fail? That's really the part of it I just don't get.

While I think we have a team to be excited about,  we have greatly different opinions of the Jets being ready to win now. 

On QB, I thought about the vet when I posted.  But who. 

I'm no analyst but i don't  really foresee a QB on the market next year who'll lead us to a ring. 

• Thumb Down 1

The QB is in his second year, he missed 4 games last year do not totally a full season yet and we talking bust?. How well is the Generational talent Trevor doing, about the same from what I read. How is Fields doing or Lance……..about the same. Not even preseason yet and guys are talking bust!……only Jet Fans?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PorP said:

While I think we have a team to be excited about,  we have greatly different opinions of the Jets being ready to win now. 

On QB, I thought about the vet when I posted.  But who. 

I'm no analyst but i don't  really foresee a QB on the market next year who'll lead us to a ring. 

Well, you never really know - A guy like Jimmy G or Mayfield - they'll be guys like that to be had next year if ZW flops.  I suspect that's the way they'll go, maybe they'll draft a QB later or if it's really bad and they can take one high -  I can't imagine it'll be to start.

When I say ready to win now I mean more of there's a 3 or year window with this young roster right now - that's essentially done being rebuilt. 

The QB is in his second year, he missed 4 games last year do not totally a full season yet and we talking bust?. How well is the Generational talent Trevor doing, about the same from what I read. How is Fields doing or Lance……..about the same. Not even preseason yet and guys are talking bust!……only Jet Fans
He's not a Jets fan.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

Connor is pretty good at this. I am Able to tell who will be good based on Connors camp observations. 

I cannot believe this thread is this many pages. Hughes is awful, but regardless this is corny as all hell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, you never really know - A guy like Jimmy G or Mayfield - they'll be guys like that to be had next year if ZW flops.  I suspect that's the way they'll go, maybe they'll draft a QB later or if it's really bad and they can take one high -  I can't imagine it'll be to start.

When I say ready to win now I mean more of there's a 3 or year window with this young roster right now - that's essentially done being rebuilt. 

Well I assumed a couple things in my post... maybe I shouldn't have? 1) Jimmy G ain't making it to Thanksgiving without a team.  And either Mayfield beats darnold and stays panther..... or doesn't beat darnold... and well....... we already lived darnold.... don't much wanna live the guy who can't beat him. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Keep saying it all you want. But it analytically and logically means nothing.

Intelligent analysts, pundits, and football brains skip your talking points because they don’t mean anything in terms a truthful narrative about where Zach currently is and where he’s heading into the future.

I never said anything about where Zach currently is or where he's heading into the future so I'm really just not sure what the point of your post is.

I said Zach was bad last year...  lol sorry forgot I'm not allowed to say that.  Tell someone to ban me I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Connor said Sam Darnold was diffffferrentttttt.  He is a moron.

PS - Zach might actually suck.

PPS - But he might not.

PPPS - Don't ban me, @slats

PPPPS - Mike White and Tom Shane suck

20 hours ago, C Mart said:

LOL. Connor the guy who said week 1 of Gase’s 1st TC how it was a joy watching Gase offense and not the HS offense Bates ran…

Connor the same guy that kept trashing Fant. 

He’s terrible and with a bigger ego than Keyshawn. Thank god he’s gone from The Athletic. 

If/when he appears on SNY it’ll be the perfect time to switch over to CBS pregame, make a beer run or hit the john

As for this topic/title. It’s another way to say “I told you ZW was going to bust”. 

Connor is the worst.

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2022 at 10:16 PM, EM31 said:

We have rinsed, washed and repeated many times at QB and that makes us ready as fans for that outcome if it happens....... again.

But we are literally nowhere near that point right now so I hope the OP got what he wanted out of this thread,

We have a good young qb on the roster his name is Mike White

• Upvote 1