Team concept first!

Bronx

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies.  See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help.

martin scorsese book GIFStreet Wall GIF

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, it's ride or die right now and they had a great offseason signing veteran guys like Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin, Whitehead, Reed, Alexender, etc.  IMO the difference this time around is that you could attract and maybe hit lightening in the bottle with a veteran QB who could also inspire some hope.  I think it's reasonable to assume, that say if the Jets landed Jimmy G. as an example, some players might be more amped to give a run with him than Wilson.

Yep, let's bring in the guy SF is desperate to move away from 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep, let's bring in the guy SF is desperate to move away from 

It's a hypothetical scenario w/ a hypothetical QB that is easy to use because of the connection.  Calm your t!ts.

That said, just because they're "desperate" (they werent too desperate riding him to the NFCC game last year) doesnt mean it's the right move.  Time will tell.  San Fran has been awful without Jimmy G. starting.  So even in this hypothetical scenario, the Jets could do a lot worse than a QB who has led his team to a Super Bowl and has 33-14 starting record including 5-2 in the playoffs and is only 30 years old. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

It's a hypothetical scenario w/ a hypothetical QB that is easy to use because of the connection.  Calm your t!ts.

That said, just because they're "desperate" (they werent too desperate riding him to the NFCC game last year) doesnt mean it's the right move.  Time will tell.  San Fran has been awful without Jimmy G. starting.  So even in this hypothetical scenario, the Jets could do a lot worse than a QB who has led his team to a Super Bowl and has 33-14 starting record including 5-2 in the playoffs and is only 30 years old. 

Were they sucessful because of him or was it bc of Deebo and Bosa and Co?   I saw him throw a brutal pick in the NFC Championship game.

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach was fast on processing when he was throwing out routes and against Zone.   Slow against the other stuff.

He needs to look like a fast processor against more looks and out of more plays. Based on the crappy side views of a handful of plays, I think he is.  

Even if he’s making more mistakes to start the season but moving quicker, he will be fine.  

Just an observation but besides the slow reads, he seemed to have issues gripping the ball. Felt like his throws were coming off his hand like a shot put. Found this from before the draft:

Just something to keep an eye on I guess.

There should be no change at QB this year regardless of play. Hopefully he comes out of the gates blasting, if not, he has to be given time to settle in. We must know who he is at the end of this season. He needs to play as much as possible. There is no other way.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just an observation but besides the slow reads, he seemed to have issues gripping the ball. Felt like his throws were coming off his hand like a shot put. Found this from before the draft:

Just something to keep an eye on I guess.

Zach, please consult T0m B on this issue.

• Haha 1

This is Zach’s year good or bad. We need to know. He needs to stay healthy. When’s the last time a Jet QB played the entire season whether it was 16 or 17 games? Hopefully by the end of this year we know if Zach is the goods or at least trending in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Were they sucessful because of him or was it bc of Deebo and Bosa and Co?   I saw him throw a brutal pick in the NFC Championship game.

I'm not really interested in discussing the greatness or lack there of Jimmy G.  Again, I just proposed a hypothetical scenario, so I used a simple hypothetical name considering the connection to the system and the fact he's floating around.  

That said, since trading for Jimmy G.  San Fran is 24-9 in games he plays and 7-26 in the games he missed.  So yeah, I'd say he was an enormously large part of their success.

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm not really interested in discussing the greatness or lack there of Jimmy G.  Again, I just proposed a hypothetical scenario, so I used a simple hypothetical name considering the connection to the system and the fact he's floating around.  

That said, since trading for Jimmy G.  San Fran is 24-9 in games he plays and 7-26 in the games he missed.  So yeah, I'd say he was an enormously large part of their success.

Im not saying he is bad, but at best middle of the pack in a Kirk Cousins kind of way.

Remember Kapernick also took that team to the  playoffs and Super Bowl.

28 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Im not saying he is bad, but at best middle of the pack in a Kirk Cousins kind of way.

Remember Kapernick also took that team to the  playoffs and Super Bowl.

Sure, again, for the 10th time, I just used a name that isnt signed and has a connection to the staff.  You could sub Jimmy G. for Teddy B., Mitch T., Mariota, Wentz, doesnt matter, whoever it is, Idont care, the point was the team should be primed for a vet to step in and compete if Zach is a bust.  Again this is hypothetical.  Not a suggestion or a request, just a fall back plan with a random name that could be subbed with anyone.  I would just prefer not to have what would be a loaded team anchored down by another rookie. 

Kaepernick led Harbaugh's team to the SB.  How is that remotely relevant?  lol  

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, JiFapono said:

No, you're wrong here. Jimmy has a hard ceiling, the knowledgeable SF fans I follow hate him, and the coach whose system we run gave up an absolute fortune to trade up to draft his replacement. Plus he's always, always injured.

Yeah, they've been awful without Garapolo, because they've had to start CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens in those situations, and those guys are dogsh*t while Jimmy G is just a solidly bottom-of-the-second-third QB in the NFL. That's not what this team needs

There are no more excuses this year period !!!  Zach needs to be good enough to go forward with him next year. If not, then there needs to be competition next year without question. This year will kinda prove if he has the mental game, because he has the physical game for the most part.

Nuff said lol...

19 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No, you're wrong here. Jimmy has a hard ceiling, the knowledgeable SF fans I follow hate him, and the coach whose system we run gave up an absolute fortune to trade up to draft his replacement. Plus he's always, always injured.

Yeah, they've been awful without Garapolo, because they've had to start CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens in those situations, and those guys are dogsh*t while Jimmy G is just a solidly bottom-of-the-second-third QB in the NFL. That's not what this team needs

The knowledgeable San Fran fans you follow?  WTF?  That's the authority here that has proved my facts wrong?  lmfao   

First off, there was nothing to be wrong about here with my original post.   I am not suggesting or requesting adding Jimmy G. For the 20th time in this F'ing thread,  I simply participated in the thread by proposing a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question/scenario and just grabbed an easy name.  You could replace him with any vet, as I've mentioned before.  But now since you decided to be a penis about it, you're the one who is wrong here as I've provided facts and you've provided feelings of San Fran fans you follow.  lmfao.   

Lets recap:

Fact - the Jets could do worse than Jimmy G.

Fact - San Fran sucked without Jimmy G.

Fact - San Fran wasnt desperate to get rid of him or they would have started Trey Lance last year and wouldnt have waited till July to cut him

Fact - he's 30 years old

Fact - he has 33-14 as a starter

Fact - San Fran is 24-9 with Jimmy G. and 7-26 without 

Fact - he is 5-2 in the playoffs

Fact - he was the starting QB of a team who went to the Super Bowl

Fact - he has ties to the coaching staff

Fact - he is floating around out there

Apology accepted. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The knowledgeable San Fran fans you follow?  WTF?  That's the authority here that has proved my facts wrong?  lmfao   

First off, there was nothing to be wrong about here with my original post.   I am not suggesting or requesting adding Jimmy G. For the 20th time in this F'ing thread,  I simply participated in the thread by proposing a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question/scenario and just grabbed an easy name.  You could replace him with any vet, as I've mentioned before.  But now since you decided to be a penis about it, you're the one who is wrong here as I've provided facts and you've provided feelings of San Fran fans you follow.  lmfao.   

Lets recap:

Fact - San Fran wasnt desperate to get rid of him or they would have started Trey Lance last year and wouldnt have waited till July to cut him

Fact - he's 30 years old

Apology accepted. 

Yeah, I don't get the Jimmy G hate either.

5 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Yeah, I don't get the Jimmy G hate either.

That's the thing though, I dont love or hate him Jimmy G.  He was just an example I used for the exercise in this thread.  Ideally, this hypothetical doesnt play out and Zach Wilson is a stud and we dont have to settle for a Jimmy G. caliber veteran. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's the thing though, I dont love or hate him Jimmy G.  He was just an example I used for the exercise in this thread.  Ideally, this hypothetical doesnt play out and Zach Wilson is a stud and we dont have to settle for a Jimmy G. caliber veteran. 

I still believe that our #2 QB is not on the roster yet. Won't even hazard a guess on names right now, but I can't see us going forward with the White/Flacco combo into the season. 

On 7/31/2022 at 7:38 AM, JiFapono said:

I dont have the answers, I cant predict the future, I have no idea how Zach Wilson will pan out but yes, you absolutely have to give him all of this year IMO and hope he's legit. 

That said, if he doesnt figure out, the good news for Jets fans if they have to move on from Zach is, it will be the first time that new QB would be stepping into an ideal situation.  We wont have to hear about rebuilds and yada yada, they should be primed at that point to just go find a veteran and make a couple of playoff runs.

All of this year ??? We'll know after the first three games if he is going to be a franchise QB or a total bust.  

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I still believe that our #2 QB is not on the roster yet. Won't even hazard a guess on names right now, but I can't see us going forward with the White/Flacco combo into the season. 

You think they upgrade the back up QB?  Cant say I agree but dont really have a passionate view either way.  I think they probably feel good about their QB room w/ Flacco as the veteran presence and a damn good #3 that they know can play.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

All of this year ??? We'll know after the first three games if he is going to be a franchise QB or a total bust.  

Yeah, all of this year, probably.  Unless he is a complete disaster.  So you may be right, I dont know, I guess it kind of depends but in general, you dont give up on the #2 overall pick a handful of games into his 2nd year, especially considering that would technically be a full season based on games played.  There are quite a few new pieces who I think will see significant playing time that werent here last year, Wilson, Hall, the TE's, Tomlinson, even Becton.  So it might take a few games to really sync up.  Might impact Zach, so yeah, who knows but I think he'll start the whole season baring injury.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You think they upgrade the back up QB?  Cant say I agree but dont really have a passionate view either way.  I think they probably feel good about their QB room w/ Flacco as the veteran presence and a damn good #3 that they know can play.

I really do. JD has upgraded this roster to a point where if Zach was down for a few games, the talent is there to be competitive and even win games with a decent backup.  Personally, I don't think that's either Flacco or White. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I really do. JD has upgraded this roster to a point where if Zach was down for a few games, the talent is there to be competitive and even win games with a decent backup.  Personally, I don't think that's either Flacco or White. 

Fair but they resign Flacco and tender White this offseason.  Just seems highly unlikely at this stage.  Could be wrong.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Lets recap:

Fact - he's 30 years old

Apology accepted. 

Yep. Guys like @richjmadrid on twitter, who is both a SF fan and a guy who breaks down film at a high level (https://ninernoise.com/author/richardmadrid/) and knows that team backwards and forwards. When he has an opinion on a SF guy, it's worth paying attention to

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I think the Jets are a serious playoff contender with Jimmy G (a healthy version of him anyway, which isn't likely)

But I also think the Jets are committed to Wilson this year - he'll get this year to show he can be the real deal.   

Wilson does not get a 3rd year if he doesn't show massive improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/31/2022 at 6:38 AM, JiFapono said:

That said, if he doesnt figure out, the good news for Jets fans if they have to move on from Zach is, it will be the first time that new QB would be stepping into an ideal situation.  We wont have to hear about rebuilds and yada yada, they should be primed at that point to just go find a veteran and make a couple of playoff runs.

And for godssakes, do whatever is necessary to draft Arch and have him sit and learn for a year while the veteran goes on the playoff run so that we might actually have one of those 10 year FQBs for once in my lifetime. 

• 3 months later...