Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think its fair to have concerns about a QB who didn't have a good rookie year. 

I also think its fair to root for his success in year 2. 

It's not one or the other. 

We should know by December if we have a franchise QB or Mitch Trubisky 2.0 

I don't think that's necessarily true.  We may know if he is a bust if he is just terrible again. He could  But there are a range of outcomes that won't be evident by December. He could be Improved but we won't know if he is headed for a below average, average, or above average career for another year or two after this year.  That's just the way it is.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's was rather directed the small minority of people -

Every good authoritarian model is built on making an example of a few genreally dispised people.  I get that certain people are uncontrollable and need to be lobotimized or taken out back and shot to maintain order.    It's much more effective if they just disappear.  You don't have to annouce it through the town friar.  

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Every good authoritarian model is built on making an example of a few genreally dispised people.  I get that certain people are uncontrollable and need to be lobotimized or taken out back and shot to maintain order.    It's much more effective if they just disappear.  You don't have to annouce it through the town friar.  

Meh, while (as I stated) it was most notably directed at those who were banned, it's also clear there were others who were doing a lot of the same thing.

The very point is we don't like banning people.

A fair warning to ideally prevent someone's future banning is therefore preferable to a policy of ready-fire-aim. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

A Johnny Quest reference?!  Wow, does that take me back.  Loved the show back then.

Really? It bored the eff out of me. Like a break in the action on otherwise thoroughly entertaining Saturday mornings that would've been better-spent with another Scooby Doo episode.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Biggs said:

*town crier.  Lol.

• Haha 2

was I ineffectively trying to get a couple alts banned?  Yes.  Do others occasionally lobby to get me banned or suspended?  Yes.   

It’s ok.  Hate the game, not the player.  

(Also not joking for a moment the most part it all works well.  I think most discussions have been good) 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Name names, you ****.

I named the only names that have annoyed me in a long time.  And that was nothing personal.  Just trying to get slats to forum murder them them and I’d be insulted if they didn’t try to do the same now and again.

With the influence I wield here it’s similar to having a monarch butterfly decide to attack.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No idea why anyone would waste time trying to get you banned.  

You very clearly come with a timer, like a frozen turkey, and if/when Zach were to move on from the Jets, you'll be moving on with him.

I'll freely admit, I definitely have a (perhaps unfair) bias against guys like you Hal, who only join our community when some flashy college guy from the school they like and/or maybe attended gets drafted.....then disappears the second that player moves on.  

I'm all for bringing on new Jets fans, to be sure, but that isn't really what you are is it? 

You're a Zach and BYU Fan here with us only while Zach is here with us.  

Which would also be 100% cool!  As long as you didn't try and tell lifelong Jets Fans how we're supposed to feel or think ten minutes after you "join" us.

You've never seemed like a bad sort Hal, truly.  It's not you personally that annoys me, it what you represent as a sports fan.  The complete lack of any team loyalty.

If in some hypothetical world, Zach were traded to New England tomorrow, you'd be on a Pats board tomorrow.  It's sorta hard to like a guy who could so easily and so instantly become a Pats Fan as much as they ever were a Jets Fan.

If you think I have any of this wrong, I'd love to hear your side.  Maybe I've misjudged you, player.

I think you put words in my mouth regularly.  And skim my posts through the expectation that you know where I’m coming from, but I get it.  

Also I like your posts and appreciate the discussion.  I’m not trying to dictate posts or tones.   I get where people are coming from.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I named the only names that have annoyed me in a long time.  And that was nothing personal.  Just trying to get slats to forum murder them them and I’d be insulted if they didn’t try to do the same now and again.

With the influence I wield here it’s similar to having a monarch butterfly decide to attack.   

You sound like you'd be a good Mafia addition. Too bad JN Mafia is dead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I don't think that's necessarily true.  We may know if he is a bust if he is just terrible again. He could  But there are a range of outcomes that won't be evident by December. He could be Improved but we won't know if he is headed for a below average, average, or above average career for another year or two after this year.  That's just the way it is.  

This is the same argument I heard from year 2 Sam darnold.

And darnold had a better rookie year then Zach to boot 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I think you put words in my mouth regularly.  And skim my posts through the expectation that you know where I’m coming from, but I get it.  

Also I like your posts and appreciate the discussion.  I’m not trying to dictate posts or tones.   I get where people are coming from.  

Perhaps so.  I certainly have my own flaws, no doubt about it.  When I think I have the handle on a person, I admit, I sorta get set with "who they are and what they think".  It's sorta hard, I debate with hundreds of people here, so keeping tabs on who is who is sometimes a challenge, so the little tricks of forming pictures of them in my mind tends to help keep everyone I interact with squared away in my head.

And I stress, I don't think badly of you, like I said, you don't seem in any way a bad sorta.  It's MY Bias.

But be honest with me Hal, if Zach were traded to New England tomorrow, what would you do?  Stay here, with us, and root on this franchise.  Or become a Pats fan along with Zach?  If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong, and I'd have to reconsider my image of you.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Really? It bored the eff out of me. Like a break in the action on otherwise thoroughly entertaining Saturday mornings that would've been better-spent with another Scooby Doo episode.

Scooby Doo?   We're talking about two different eras.   The Johnny Quest show I'm talking about was at least four or five years before Scooby, which sucked BTW.   We had very few choices back then.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You are dead to me and your soul is black as midnight.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps so.  I certainly have my own flaws, no doubt about it.  When I think I have the handle on a person, I admit, I sorta get set with "who they are and what they think".  It's sorta hard, I debate with hundreds of people here, so keeping tabs on who is who is sometimes a challenge, so the little tricks of forming pictures of them in my mind tends to help keep everyone I interact with squared away in my head.

And I stress, I don't think badly of you, like I said, you don't seem in any way a bad sorta.  It's MY Bias.

But be honest with me Hal, if Zach were traded to New England tomorrow, what would you do?  Stay here, with us, and root on this franchise.  Or become a Pats fan along with Zach?  If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong, and I'd have to reconsider my image of you.

I tried to write a long post but lost it twice… shorter version: 

I’ve watched Taysom Hill highlights but the only game I’ve watched him play was against the Jets last season. 

My family was not into sports growing up.   I don’t have a “family team.”  I don’t have a local team.  I like having an NFL team, but i I wasn’t planning to get into the Jets.  I am not just watching for Zach.  I’ve never turned on an NFL game to watch a BYU player.  

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

You have a town friar?..... fancy! 

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

was I ineffectively trying to get a couple alts banned?  Yes.  Do others occasionally lobby to get me banned or suspended?  Yes.   

It’s ok.  Hate the game, not the player.  

(Also not joking for a moment the most part it all works well.  I think most discussions have been good) 

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Do you think it's perhaps a better option is to put posters on ignore rather than try to bait and then get long time Jets fans banned from a Jets forum? I mean since we're debating the definition of "troll" in this thread... that's pretty textbook.

If your posts are sarcasm, I apologize for missing it.

• Post of the Week 1