Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m gonna air a grievance here. As you know, I’ve been posting on these godforsaken message boards for 30+ years. The tenor and tone of the “debates” that go on these past few years have turned so malicious and so toxic that a lot of good posters can’t even sign on (much less engage) anymore. You know me: I’m rarely disrespectful toward other people’s opinions and I’m all for some light-hearted debate, but it gets discouraging to sign on in the morning and have a bunch of notifications of posts that aren’t debate, but unfunny clowns calling you a troll and seeing that mods have liked that post. I don’t take it personally because 1. I invite those responses with my pessimism and 2. **** those guys, but the sheer volume of posters whose entire posting oeuvre is just them coming after and attacking anyone who has even the most mild critique of this Jets franchise is pathetic. Not to call him out because I generally like him, but when is the last time @Charlie Brown made an actual football post instead of incessant “diseased trolls” commentary? The more derision you’re met with, the more hostile the tone of any thread gets. Do you know how excited I was to see @Mogglez’s post engaging me *on the merits* of my recent Zach Wilson post? Pretty ******* excited. You, me, and Meddle used to engage like that on the old board. But now? Not so much. If the mods want to create a better vibe in these threads, you need to check the tone of the people coming after even those you don’t agree with. You’ve been around long enough. You know the difference between a troll and a long suffering Jets fan. Don’t lump them in together, and don’t start threads calling for the extermination of those posters because you’re just going to make things worse for everybody. 

You're no troll.  And if you were, you'd be OUR troll.  Totes different.

I put you in with guys like me T0m.  Not sure that is something you'll like, but /shrug.  You're one of us.  The cynic, the pessimist, the hater of cults of personality around unproven players.  I am entirely confidant that the Management know the difference between guys like us, who've been around for decades together now and have bled for this team, here or JI or similar, and the real trolls.  Most of whom make themselves obvious quite quickly.

If anything, we may have our own personal schtick.  We're not trolls.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're no troll.  And if you were, you'd be OUR troll.  Totes different.

I put you in with guys like me T0m.  Not sure that is something you'll like, but /shrug.  You're one of us.  The cynic, the pessimist, the hater of cults of personality around unproven players.  I am entirely confidant that the Management know the difference between guys like us, who've been around for decades together now and have bled for this team, here or JI or similar, and the real trolls.  Most of whom make themselves obvious quite quickly.

If anything, we may have our own personal schtick.  We're not trolls.

? thinks being humorless is shtick

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

@TomShane@Mogglez 

Hmmmmmm I'm not quite sure what "diseased troll" comment from me that you are referring to. :( 

I simply agreed with Shane that people randomly attacking folks because they are trying to get excited about the season should be avoided. 

I truly hope that I have not inadvertently ever attacked anyone ever on this board but if I have ever offended you by a post that I have made I hereby apologize.

Nevertheless, your ad hominem attack on me when I specifically mentioned without specificity that I was having a personal problem is simply puzzling.

Indeed, again as I stated before I have not been out here because my life is going through tremendous challenges and for you to essentially attack me because of this is, in my opinion, a little problematic.

But carry on........

I have big shoulders ...

Let's Go Jets :) 

Apologies if I got the wrong guy, CB. I’ll go back and look it up. ❤️

• Sympathy 2

40 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Op is right. The negativity by some is so ridiculous when there is so much to be excited about. Great off season, great draft.  Roster that is younger, better, faster, with more depth, but God forbid if we are positive about it because, ya know, same old Jets. I'm also not one to wear green and white colored glasses but the negativity is way over the top. It's tiresome and I choose to come here less and less because of it. 

This... Is on point... But I choose to be over the top excited and think they can be a dark horse if ZW actually turns into a legit qb...

But those positive vibes are not allowed we are only allowed to believe that the will be 9-8 at best... That they only have a chance at a wild card.... And they can't be a cincy last year or saints team after going 3-13 or like Saleh previous team that got 2nd pick in the draft to get bosa which propelled them to a nfc championship ... Nope... Not allowed... 9 wins because that is 'realistic' optimism, anything more is just trolling. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

It’s funny cause I engage with Jets fans on many different platforms (obviously here, Twitter, Reddit, FB). Out of all of those this is by far the most pessimistic group of fans I have encountered on the internet. If you guys want a more rosey side to things go to Twitter and Reddit. It’s an all out love fest for this team over there. Then there’s Facebook which I’m in a couple of Jets groups and I don’t even no how to describe those guys. Very strange is all I can say lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m fairly certain this isn’t about posts from real accounts.   It’s about alts like@JoeNamathsFurCoat and @Darnold's Forehead

image.png.4f914b1eb66564f59e5028249068d836.pngimage.png.c9c91811d8ba74631eb687689c86c9d5.png

Already said it in another thread where I was called to be banned, now I'm mentioned in this one as an alt account of a "Zach-hating" troll.

I don't create Zach-bashing threads and I don't introduce Zach into threads that aren't about Zach.  Someone started a Zach bust thread and any idea/post I made that had the words "Zach", "bad" and "last year" anywhere near them were just automatically thumbed down by the same individuals regardless of what was said.  There're a lot who do not refute nor challenge ideas.  It's just a thumbs down and a cry about trolls.  So I've been grouped into the Zach-hate cult and am now a troll I guess.  Fine.  Things were the same during the season last year.

If you mods around here can confidently identify alt accounts/banned users, whatever.  But now your innocent "positive, optimistic fans" are labeling people (me) as alts and wanting banned, all because I share realist opinions about our inexperienced quarterback.  Fine, ban me, but not everyone wants to regurgitate posts and ideas about Zach following Josh Allen's footsteps.  I just do not know how a thread like this can be made without addressing the other side.

So I've been called out and criticized for simply choosing to lower my expectations, unlike most.  Per OP, people should be getting time off.  Sorry I haven't been here for 20 years, not every member/lurker has a reputational pass they can shill.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Because if you can't refer to something as a b___k boy something without being banned (which you would undoubtedly would) the other is not acceptable 

no idea WTF that means...but hey not my gen...bunch of puff cakes

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, controversial and anecdotal threads are impactful and they seem to keep this site going. 

If you look below, the thread with the most views and replies is the one that is being complained about:

Screenshot_20220801-064843_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5afee399b49487db085a797b99c4184.jpg

Part of the issue is the true knowledge of the game. Most fans are loyal to the team but are football ignorant. 

I suggest to edit the homepage starting with the history of the NY Jets. We should also have a Xs and Os pinned thread with educational videos per link below.

Most of the information disemminated on this site are 3rd party references. Therefore, all legitimate articles posted by JN goes unnoticed or they are simply old news. The only way to circumvent this issue is by pre-approving and reviewing new topics to ensure that the effort and time that goes into JN articles doesn't go unnoticed (see below).

Screenshot_20220801-072752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df48a1c2882d60bd296014787cabb9f8.jpg

I apologize for starting anecdotal threads. I do want to cooperate with this site with valuable information moving forward. 

Thank you JN, thank you!

420 out!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

16 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

In defense of @T0mShane the Jets have sucked longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive. (With the exception of that Fitzmajik year). The Love/Effit relationship of Jets fans is as sharp as the edge of a razor. 

4BCE9D7F-71D6-449A-9AF2-E1B4A41C9A03.jpeg

A white guy named Tyrone. Who knew

• Haha 2

Anyone who posts on a messageboard, even one as benign and community oriented as this one, is going to get annoyed by something. My two favorites are interlopers (usually from rival teams) who come here briefly just to stir up crap and make people angry or demoralized. Those are pretty easy to spot and dispense with. The other is the proverbial thread-killer. You know, the guy who comes into a thread about one topic and forces it to what he wants to talk about, usually of a negative spin, but sometimes just irrelevant, or some empty comedy schtick. Good thread goes down the tubes. I'm always prepared to take the bad with the overwhelming good here, but everything has room for improvement. It depends on some posters having just a tad more discipline and asking a simple question: "Am I contributing to this conversation or simply derailing it." Back to sharpening my rusty knife.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Because if you can't refer to something as a b___k boy something without being banned (which you would undoubtedly would) the other is not acceptable 

This explains the “Team RB” thing.

• Haha 3

Being positive or being negative isn’t the real issue. You should be allowed to express how you think/feel about the Jets within the terms of service at JN.

I think the real issue isn’t negativity, but people intentionally driving every bit of discourse into the muck. Disruption, persistent arguing, and making the site generally unreadable is cause for course correction.

I’m historically known for speaking the truths you’re all not ready for. It’s not negative. It’s not trolling (my trolling posts are far more creative), and it’s not stuff that ruins thread after thread. I don’t think. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Part of the issue is the true knowledge of the game. Most fans are loyal to the team but are football ignorant. 

I suggest to edit the homepage starting with the history of the NY Jets. We should also have a Xs and Os pinned thread with educational videos per link below.

Most of the information disemminated on this site are 3rd party references. Therefore, all legitimate articles posted by JN goes unnoticed or they are simply old news. The only way to circumvent this issue is by pre-approving and reviewing new topics to ensure that the effort and time that goes into JN articles doesn't go unnoticed (see below).

I came here to burn, not to learn.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Unfortunately, controversial and anecdotal threads are impactful and they seem to keep this site going. 

If you look below, the thread with the most views and replies is the one that is being complained about:

Screenshot_20220801-064843_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5afee399b49487db085a797b99c4184.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-072752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df48a1c2882d60bd296014787cabb9f8.jpg

I apologize for starting anecdotal threads. I do want to cooperate with this site with valuable information moving forward. 

Thank you JN, thank you!

420 out!

Of course, if you're optimistic about your team, you must be ignorant.  No one who actually knows football could possibly think that this team could make a playoff run.  Delusional.

Tell you what.  I watch the Jets as a diversion.  If I was as pessimistic as the "smart" fans, why would I do that to myself?  Looking forward to a 4-5 win season, so I could be right.  Sounds like misery.  But you do you.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Tom I am not wrong. I will give you this. You are one of a kind. You can see the bad in everything and make it fun. I am being serious and I mean that as a weird compliment.

But there is only one TomShane. Well two if you count T0mShane.  Anyhow others try to do the same thing and it doesn't work. You take a ton of shots, absolutely. You somehow make it fun and roll with it. Trust me, it is appreciated, you have such a unique take on things at times. Your football IQ is through the roof, so you can back everything up and you are willing to sit there talking about it. You mentioned the people that fight with you and don't back it up. That definitely isn't right.  That does happen.

The point of this thread though is to remind people that this is a Jets site and it is okay to root for the team. Crazy that it has come to that point, but that is where we are at unfortunately.

I agree with this.  T0m is one of a kind and I take pleasure in reading his posts.

However, too many people try to be him and it’s getting a little crazy.

Imo, the biggest problem lies with both sides.  Everyone is dug in with their opinion on the quarterback and choose to continually express those opinions in every thread.

No one is changing their minds until we see some on field action so the constant repeating of the same points that are being drug into every topic (by both sides) is so annoying.  

We know how you feel about Zach.  We can stop constantly defending and attacking him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Looking forward to a 4-5 win season.  Strongly predicting a 4-5 win season.  Looking forward into my future and seeing a 4-5 win season.  

None of us know the future.  I choose to look forward to a winning season and a playoff run.  The Jets now have the pieces.  With a little luck and no injuries it very well could happen.  

The pessimists look at the Jets and see losing.  To me, that is a miserable way to be.  But to each his own.

But to state optimists are ignorant is bs.  Period.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think, if you were being objective and not simply siding with those everything-is-fine posters, you’d find that it’s the people saying “hey, these are the things keeping us from winning a title” that are maliciously attacked for saying, “hey, the supposed franchise OT weighing 400 pounds is bad!” or “hmm, Zach Wilson was statistically awful last season.” 

A reminder that this site only exists because Sean Deegan started censoring what he felt were negative posts toward the Jets in an effort to curry favor with the Jets front office and Mark Cannizaro. You mods really need to remember your history before you turn this place into the effectively defunct JetsInsider.com. Or, you could always try posting there again. They have ~12 active users, but they all seem to be pretty upbeat.

You and your ilk!

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Being positive or being negative isn’t the real issue. You should be allowed to express how you think/feel about the Jets within the terms of service at JN.

I think the real issue isn’t negativity, but people intentionally driving every bit of discourse into the muck. Disruption, persistent arguing, and making the site generally unreadable is cause for course correction.

I’m historically known for speaking the truths you’re all not ready for. It’s not negative. It’s not trolling (my trolling posts are far more creative), and it’s not stuff that ruins thread after thread. I don’t think. 

We know who you and others like you are.  You don’t fir the description of those slats is talking about.  I come here to hear other opinions or to speak my mind, why I disagree.  Many can’t handle that though, gey sensitive or defensive whenever someone who disagrees and then get pissy in return elevating a discussion into an argument.  Often beginning with the homer accusation.  I know I get accused of being a homer.  Funny thing I it’s viewed as a negative and better yet I rarely praise a player to that degree.  It comes from taking the I won’t trash a players abilities until he proves he sucks.  If I say Zach needs more than 1 partial season to proves he’s a bust I’m a homer.  If I say I’ll wait until Becton needs to play again before I say he suck etc I’ve been called a homer.  From people who find it acceptable to say they won’t acknowledge someone’s talents until they show it first. 

And not for you, but It’s a quite insulting take to suggest people who disagree with your takes are dumb and they shouldn’t count as a defense for posts Bronx

• Upvote 1