Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah the site has gone to sh*t tbh. What a nonsensical thread. The draft was genuinely insufferable and even as someone who liked it overall I got absolutely lambasted on here for any kind of mild criticisms towards things I'd already said I wouldn't like weeks/months earlier. Ironically it was the guy who started this thread who said I was just "being miserable" for criticising the Hall pick in the draft when I'd said as much months before.

I've been posting here since I was sixteen. I have stayed up until 4-5am countless times to watch this godforsaken franchise get destroyed and yet I've been called a troll more in the last year than ever before simply for criticising the Jets and the existing regime. 

The Jets have been objectively terrible for 11 years. Our GM of the decade is 6-27 since he had a full off-season. Zach Wilson may have been the worst starting QB in all of football last season. There are positives for sure and I hope we turn things around but to act like any and all criticism must be in bad faith is just ridiculous. 

16?

I would’ve swore you were a boomer.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

that sounds like negative vibes  

the positive vibe karma circuits work best when they are filled with positive vibes, going in every direction 

the best outcome would be if every team won every game 

and then we all buy t-shirts

stoned lsd GIF 

P.V.O.

Over bets are very much PVO. Add them all up and they account for more wins than there will be across the NFL.

Happy Rainbow GIF by Adult Swim

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't forget Geno. 

I left him out because you're here to make sure no one will ever forget Geno ;)

Jokes aside, I don't remember it being the same with Geno at all.  I feel like public opinion moved off of him significantly faster than it did the others.  I don't really remember any great Geno defenders.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This thread reminds me of that movie Knifes out. Woody and Chris are the rich creepy Uncles that have a  football team for us to I inherit  when they die but we all kill one another before that happens and it go’s to the cats. 

That was a good movie. I think. Can't remember a lick of what happened.

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

Jokes aside, I don't remember it being the same with Geno at all.  I feel like public opinion moved off of him significantly faster than it did the others.  I don't really remember any great Geno defenders.

We had significantly different experiences. Let's get a beer and compare scars :D 

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Yeah, by the time Geno got punched, most were celebrating it and just happy he was gone, even though he was probably a better QB than Sanchez.

I think its fair to have concerns about a QB who didn't have a good rookie year. 

I also think its fair to root for his success in year 2. 

It's not one or the other. 

We should know by December if we have a franchise QB or Mitch Trubisky 2.0 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, by the time Geno got punched, most were celebrating it and just happy he was gone, even though he was probably a better QB than Sanchez.

I am glad that you are able to remember it that way! And jealous.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This thread reminds me of that movie Knifes out. Woody and Chris are the rich creepy Uncles that have a  football team for us to I inherit  when they die but we all kill one another before that happens and it go’s to the cats. 

I'm getting this vibe:

BestGrotesqueGosling-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Have you not met @Pac?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think its fair to have concerns about a QB who didn't have a good rookie year. 

I also think its fair to root for his success in year 2. 

It's not one or the other. 

We should know by December if we have a franchise QB or Mitch Trubisky 2.0 

Stay on topic Kev 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I just read all 9 pages.  I was scared of this thread for reasons confirmed and all I can contribute is this:

- The trolls these days suck. They're not original or deceptive or funny.  They're much more blatant and obvious and boring.  The trolls of the golden age were so much better and this thread is giving them way more credit than they deserve.

- thank god @Klecko73isGod is not a mod here and @CTM has disappeared.  OMG, could you imagine the 2 of them in this thread?  They would both be so obnoxious they'd end up just punching themselves in the face. 

- life is about balance, message boards are a reflection of life, if there werent fans on both sides of the fence and some on the middle, this place would be a bore and not real and we want fun and real, right?!?!

- censorship sucks, especially in this type of a venue but I appreciate our mods, especially @The Crusher and trust they can discern sincerity vs. troll jobs, well, maybe I'm giving a few of them too much credit but I dont have a choice, so, yeah. 

- the regular season will work some of this out, or not, probably not actually, nevermind. 

- some of you are way more intelligent than I thought, some of you are just as dumb as you look but I love you all just the same.

- Im embarrassed and apologize for ever getting worked up and angry and said or did something stupid to people on here over something stupid, it's an F'ing message board, we come for escape and to talk to our fellow Jets fans, lets be civil and we can all grow up a bit.  Ive been actively trying to talk to people here the way I would in real life (easier said then done sometimes) because Ive come to appreciate some very meaningful relationships I've developed over 20 years of this, you know who you are.

As the most level headed, just and fair, kind and accepting, knowledgeable and underrated poster on the board, I leave you with these words of wisdom; expression is one of life's greatest gifts.  Never change up who you are just to fit in.  Blaze your own path, unless you're lost in the woods, then, maybe follow a path if you see one but dont be surprised if you end up at a house with toothless kid playing the banjo and if you do, give him a chance, you never know, you might like it.

❤️ 

❤️ you even if you stopped loving me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2