Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

9 hours ago, Skeptable said:

It's lazy thinking to not allow any qb 3 years to develop in a system no matter where he was drafted. 

Vinny T was a failure of a QB before he became a savior here... 

Steve Young was terrible before he was great... 

Alex Smith should have been kicked out of the league.... 

Warren Moon was garbage before being a hall of famer...

Give me a break with your lousy argument

Add Troy Aikman and a few others to that list.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mac, I appreciate the kind words, but I’m not buying it. Go look at @Matt39’s mentions from yesterday and look at the vitriol he received for simply saying practice was too short. I can only presume that you and @slats are being intentionally obtuse, but you’ve outright condoned personal attacks against long-time, high engagement posters for what? A press pass? You two are ******* this up. There are better ways. 

Ugh, I have to admit that perhaps I did not explain myself well enough in the OP. So let’s me first say: 

**NO ONE HAS BEEN BANNED OR WILL BE BANNED SIMPLY FOR BEING NEGATIVE**

The original post was in response to heavy bickering on the board, threads getting derailed, and posters attacking each other. From my perspective, most of that has come from the somewhat sizable and quite vocal group of folks from the dark side, as it were. But there’s actually been some good conversation in this thread and I can see now that a couple accounts that I find to be rather innocuous are also part of the problem, so I will try to be more direct with those people as well. 

No one has outright condoned personal attacks against anyone. It’s personal attacks that I want to see cut down on. If you’re here primarily to instigate arguments and/or simply to get a rise out of people, that’s trolling, and that’s not going to be tolerated. 

So let’s try to keep threads on topic. Discuss the content of the post rather than attack the poster. And maybe behave in the way you might in a tavern where you’re hoping not to be punched in the face. 

In the meantime, I hope the sarcastic positive posts continue. They’ve actually been something of a breath of fresh air. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, slats said:

In the meantime, I hope the sarcastic positive posts continue. They’ve actually been something of a breath of fresh air. 

I've been +Repping you and in agreement with you for almost the entirety of the thread so far, including most of this post, but this last line struck a nerve...

Not sure what posts you're referencing, but I wouldn't presume any positive posts/threads were just intended to be sarcastic.  /shrug. I'm 100% in your corner Slats, honestly.  

I don't know man, the single worst, most openly toxic reply I read all of yesterday was this guy cursing out a "how long was practice today," critic in the worst language possible. 

18 hours ago, Cp561 said:

Shut up you whiny bitch

And far as I saw, no one did anything about it.  Post is still there now. 

Maybe posts like this not earning the hammer, that's part of the problem too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not sure what posts you're referencing, but I wouldn't presume any positive posts/threads were just intended to be sarcastic.  /shrug.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to @bitonti, lol.

I've seen a couple others take his lead, too.

• Upvote 1

I've been +Repping you and in agreement with you for almost the entirety of the thread so far, including most of this post, but this last line struck a nerve...

Really? Over the last couple days (longer for @bitonti) we’ve had a few usually deeply negative guys posting positive vibes only grooves here that can only be read as sarcastic. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Really? Over the last couple days (longer for @bitonti) we’ve had a few usually deeply negative guys posting positive vibes only grooves here that can only be read as sarcastic. 

It's hard not to think you also mean my "best talent since..." thread yesterday. 

If not, then forgive me for my misunderstanding.

All I'll say is what I always say, while many of us may seem negative, we're not always and we're not 100%, we have positive evaluations, or projections, or analysis, or just hope too.

Sorry slats, it just felt a little like that line was aimed at me, and it #feelsbadman

Some of us are truly trying to be helpful members of the community here.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mac, I appreciate the kind words, but I’m not buying it. Go look at @Matt39’s mentions from yesterday and look at the vitriol he received for simply saying practice was too short. I can only presume that you and @slats are being intentionally obtuse, but you’ve outright condoned personal attacks against long-time, high engagement posters for what? A press pass? You two are ******* this up. There are better ways. 

The mods can dap you up but I'm beginning  to find you exhausting. And I'm not even talking about your pessimistic nature.

1 post in that thread could be considered "vitriol" followed by 7 pages of support and respectful exchange. I don't even know if the mods did  something about it? 

But you, since this thread started have been running around in every thread publicly grinding an ax with the mods. It's no better than Zach sucks in the deshuan thread  or Becton is fat in the berrios threads. 

It comes off like you're scorned and trying to build a coup. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

That 2010 team underachieved big time.  :) You can absolutely start that thread though, that isn't a problem at all.

I would be willing to bet that not a lot of people have invested more of their own money in this team. The losses seem to be never-ending and are beyond painful. One day I will do a live stream after a loss, I go absolutely nuts. I am spending a lot of money of 4 seats and paying $135 to park a vehicle that gets 7 MPG on the way home after each loss.  Somehow the gas is free after the wins.

Seriously though it is okay to be mad at the team for the losses. This run is terrible.  How can they fire Rex Ryan after the league caught up to him and then go down from there. That is what the Jets did, it is embarrassing.

The point of this thread, I think, is that it is also okay to believe that good thing are possible. That is what being a fan used to be about. I have gotten a lot of feedback from people who feel they are being hit over the head when they are positive.  Back up your data, show your work, I get it.  The point remains people are allowed to feel good. People are allowed to feel bad.  

People aren't allowed to feel each other though. After the incident in 2012 we had to put that rule in place.

And negative people, meanwhile, are being targeted and sometimes getting PMs about it.

So not really feeling it with these vibes my man.  You’re allowed to be positive or negative, and the latter is especially true for longtime fans who are getting punished for those negative views. 

You and slats seem to be maintaining that this isn’t that big a deal but the fact remains this thread exists and it’s kind of an embarrassing moment for JN.  Oh well. I still like it here overall.  

• Upvote 1

It's hard not to think you also mean my "best talent since..." thread yesterday. 

If not, then forgive me for my misunderstanding.

All I'll say is what I always say, while many of us may seem negative, we're not always and we're not 100%, we have positive evaluations, or projections, or analysis, or just hope too.

Sorry slats, it just felt a little like that line was aimed at me, and it #feelsbadman

Some of us are truly trying to be helpful members of the community here.

You sometimes see yourself when you shouldn’t. I appreciated that post, and I know I posted in the thread. I have a good idea of who you are because you’re a guy who’s generally straight forward. I’ll call out some of your exaggerated straw man stuff, but I never consider you to be trolling the site. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

You sometimes see yourself when you shouldn’t. I appreciated that post, and I know I posted in the thread. I have a good idea of who you are because you’re a guy who’s generally straight forward. I’ll call out some of your exaggerated straw man stuff, but I never consider you to be trolling the site. 

You're probably right.  Fair enough, concern withdrawn.

And now having looked at some of Bit's posts, aye, I see the sarcasm there.  Sure.

36 minutes ago, slats said:

Ugh, I have to admit that perhaps I did not explain myself well enough in the OP. So let’s me first say: 

The original post was in response to heavy bickering on the board, threads getting derailed, and posters attacking each other. From my perspective, most of that has come from the somewhat sizable and quite vocal group of folks from the dark side, as it were. But there’s actually been some good conversation in this thread and I can see now that a couple accounts that I find to be rather innocuous are also part of the problem, so I will try to be more direct with those people as well. 

No one has outright condoned personal attacks against anyone. It’s personal attacks that I want to see cut down on. If you’re here primarily to instigate arguments and/or simply to get a rise out of people, that’s trolling, and that’s not going to be tolerated. 

So let’s try to keep threads on topic. Discuss the content of the post rather than attack the poster. And maybe behave in the way you might in a tavern where you’re hoping not to be punched in the face. 

So if I'm reading this correctly, tag you any time you feel someone is negative and/or has a contrarian view point from yours and they will be taken care of immediately!?!?!  I like it, about time! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, tag you any time you feel someone is negative and/or has a contrarian view point from yours and they will be taken care of immediately!?!?!  I like it, about time! 

Lol, please don’t. 

• Haha 3

damn, I don't see what is so hard to grasp about this post. There is a difference between having a negative opinion about a player, coach or the direction of the team, and spamming the sh*t out of the board with diarrhea and trying to bash anyone into oblivion that doesn't have a negative opinion. I thought Slats point was spot on and crystal clear.

And before you jump on the, well the vitriol from positive posters towards negative posters is there, well, 1) it is a Jets forum for Jets fans, 2) I don't see people spamming with positivity, I see people spamning with negativity. So if someone makes a positive post and then is spammed for it by the same trolls, yeah, I understand the frustration. I don't love everything going on, but there is a way to make points without smashing everyone to oblivion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You are so kind, gentle and understanding sometimes I feel this world doesn’t deserve you. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:08 AM, Maxman said:

Tom I am not wrong. I will give you this. You are one of a kind. You can see the bad in everything and make it fun. I am being serious and I mean that as a weird compliment.

But there is only one TomShane. Well two if you count T0mShane.  Anyhow others try to do the same thing and it doesn't work. You take a ton of shots, absolutely. You somehow make it fun and roll with it. Trust me, it is appreciated, you have such a unique take on things at times. Your football IQ is through the roof, so you can back everything up and you are willing to sit there talking about it. You mentioned the people that fight with you and don't back it up. That definitely isn't right.  That does happen.

The point of this thread though is to remind people that this is a Jets site and it is okay to root for the team. Crazy that it has come to that point, but that is where we are at unfortunately.

Or 0 if you count T0mShane

19 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, please don’t. 

I've noticed you've tone your snarky smug behavior lately, so I wont.  Promise.

With a solid FA and draft and threads like this one and Zach the MILF Hunter, this has been one of the better and more entertaining offseasons in a long time! 

LONG LIVE JN!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are so kind, gentle and understanding sometimes I feel this world doesn’t deserve you. 

I'm a true man of the people, it's rare these days, I know but I tend to think you're right.  The world definitely does not deserve me, but it needs me, so I will do my civic duty and continue to spread love, however it needs to be spread.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm a true man of the people, it's rare these days, I know but I tend to think you're right.  The world definitely does not deserve me, but it needs me, so I will do my civic duty and continue to spread love, however it needs to be spread.

Spread it wide and deep sweet one. 

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I hope "spreading the love" looks a lot more like Bobby Bouchard slapping hands than deshuan getting a message. 

34 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

damn, I don't see what is so hard to grasp about this post. There is a difference between having a negative opinion about a player, coach or the direction of the team, and spamming the sh*t out of the board with diarrhea and trying to bash anyone into oblivion that doesn't have a negative opinion. I thought Slats point was spot on and crystal clear.

And before you jump on the, well the vitriol from positive posters towards negative posters is there, well, 1) it is a Jets forum for Jets fans, 2) I don't see people spamming with positivity, I see people spamning with negativity. So if someone makes a positive post and then is spammed for it by the same trolls, yeah, I understand the frustration. I don't love everything going on, but there is a way to make points without smashing everyone to oblivion. 

Another example of negativity.  It's becoming a pandemic.  

22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

^^
The hero we deserve.

39 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

+1

It's always amused me that the famously negative posters seem to think that their negativity makes them smarter, less biased, more realistic, what have you. Perhaps all of that is rooted in truth, since, you know, the Jets have sucked.  But at a certain point it bled into insufferable shtick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Mistakes are how we learn and grow. 

They can do it as long as everyone believes. 

P.V.O.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

+1

It's always amused me that the famously negative posters seem to think that their negativity makes them smarter, less biased, more realistic, what have you. Perhaps all of that is rooted in truth, since, you know, the Jets have sucked.  But at a certain point it bled into insufferable shtick.

Picking against the Jets and bragging when right is akin to telling someone playing the lottery they aren't going to win, then calling yourself a genius for being right when they don't win. It's intellectually lazy and self serving.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

I believe you.

I also believe some posters are getting wrongfully accused of being trolls by the mods or even Max to the point where they decide to leave on their own accord.

And that isn’t right, no matter how flippant you guys want to treat threads like these after they’ve been created. 

The message has been sent:  Be more positive or you may get harassed for it, either by other posters (sometimes without consequence) or by the mods or the guy who runs things himself.

I love Max, AND him investing tons of his own money into the Jets is his choice.  But it’s not everyone else’s and that ought to be acceptable.  We’re fans whether we give them our money or not or whether we’re positive or not.  Spending money on the Jets shouldn’t create scenarios where negative fans get treated differently.  

• Thumb Down 1

Trolls stand down and stand by!

Sidenote: If you ragequit the board forever because someone thinks Ill of your posts. Leaving the internet for awhile might be the best thing that could happen for your mental health. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe you.

I also believe some posters are getting wrongfully accused of being trolls by the mods or even Max to the point where they decide to leave on their own accord.

And that isn’t right, no matter how flippant you guys want to treat threads like these after they’ve been created. 

The message has been sent:  Be more positive or you may get harassed for it, either by other posters (sometimes without consequence) or by the mods or the guy who runs things himself.

I love Max, AND him investing tons of his own money into the Jets is his choice.  But it’s not everyone else’s and that ought to be acceptable.  We’re fans whether we give them our money or not or whether we’re positive or not.  Spending money on the Jets shouldn’t create scenarios where negative fans get treated differently.  

I don't know what is actually happening behind the scenes but if negativity is somehow affecting the bottom line. The business owners have a right to tamper that down.