Jump to content

Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans


slats
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Picking against the Jets and bragging when right is akin to telling someone playing the lottery they aren't going to win, then calling yourself a genius for being right when they don't win. It's intellectually lazy and self serving.

Bingggooooo

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe you.

I also believe some posters are getting wrongfully accused of being trolls by the mods or even Max to the point where they decide to leave on their own accord.

And that isn’t right, no matter how flippant you guys want to treat threads like these after they’ve been created. 

The message has been sent:  Be more positive or you may get harassed for it, either by other posters (sometimes without consequence) or by the mods or the guy who runs things himself.

I love Max, AND him investing tons of his own money into the Jets is his choice.  But it’s not everyone else’s and that ought to be acceptable.  We’re fans whether we give them our money or not or whether we’re positive or not.  Spending money on the Jets shouldn’t create scenarios where negative fans get treated differently.  

You're building straw man after straw man here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, yvj said:

I don't know what is actually happening behind the scenes but if negativity is somehow affecting the bottom line. The business owners have a right to tamper that down. 

I have to think not getting a press pass may have had something to do with it.  And I get that if that’s the case.

It’s their board and their prerogative.  Doesn’t mean we all have to like it.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe you.

I also believe some posters are getting wrongfully accused of being trolls by the mods or even Max to the point where they decide to leave on their own accord.

And that isn’t right, no matter how flippant you guys want to treat threads like these after they’ve been created. 

The message has been sent:  Be more positive or you may get harassed for it, either by other posters (sometimes without consequence) or by the mods or the guy who runs things himself.

I love Max, AND him investing tons of his own money into the Jets is his choice.  But it’s not everyone else’s and that ought to be acceptable.  We’re fans whether we give them our money or not or whether we’re positive or not.  Spending money on the Jets shouldn’t create scenarios where negative fans get treated differently.  

I don’t know who Shane has in mind for captain this year, but you should be sure to throw your hat in the ring for shop steward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slats said:

I don’t know who Shane has in mind for captain this year, but you should be sure to throw your hat in the ring for shop steward. 

Flippant treatment of a legitimate complaint.  That’s what I like to see out of Mr Smuggy Smug.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except this stuff is actually happening.  

Lol you're acting like you have a Title VI discrimination lawsuit.  This is a Jets message board.  The owner of the Jets message board has expressed his preference that posters don't act like trolly dickheads.  It's not that serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

+1

It's always amused me that the famously negative posters seem to think that their negativity makes them smarter, less biased, more realistic, what have you. Perhaps all of that is rooted in truth, since, you know, the Jets have sucked.  But at a certain point it bled into insufferable shtick.

It's sorta funny that the "negative" folks likely think almost exactly the same thing about the eternal optimist homer contingent.  Several of these folks also engage in what we'd call "insufferable schtick".  I won't cite specific examples, in the interest of forum harmony.

Ultimately, we all should find a way to co-exist in the community, we're all Jets Fans and we all ultimately want the same outcome (a Super Bowl victory for our Jets, or better yet several!), and we just have to try to understand each other a bit better, and if we can't, to at least respect each other enough to allow others to be what they are to some degree, in both directions. 

Or if we can't do that, put each other on ignore as needed, and don't sh*t up the board with 20 pages of the same off-topic axe-grinding back and forth repeated endlessly.... 

I'll repeat from earlier, you're not more of a "man" for choosing not using the ignore feature.  It's the forum solution for 95% of the most intractable issues this thread is about.  If you feel you cannot be positive because X or Y won't let you without comment, put them on ignore.  Problem solved.  The same goes vice versa, if you think some positive person is trolling your analytical/objective posts, put them on ignore.  They'll eventually get the hint when you stop responding to them (we'd hope).  

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol you're acting like you have a Title VI discrimination lawsuit.  This is a Jets message board.  The owner of the Jets message board has expressed his preference that posters don't act like trolly dickheads.  It's not that serious.

Title VI.  Dang, deep cut.

We already saw one poster decide to take a self-imposed break from the boards as a direct result of this thread  (and he’s on the POSITIVE side of things) and I have another in my inbox telling me he likely isn’t coming back. 

I get that this is a message board and thus decidedly a “First World Problem”.  But we’ll just have to agree to disagree on how big a deal it is in terms of how it impacts JN.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Picking against the Jets and bragging when right is akin to telling someone playing the lottery they aren't going to win, then calling yourself a genius for being right when they don't win. It's intellectually lazy and self serving.

Pretty negative view of the NY Jets.   😒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's sorta funny that the "negative" folks likely think almost exactly the same thing about the eternal optimist homer contingent.  Several of these folks also engage in what we'd call "insufferable schtick".  I won't cite specific examples, in the interest of forum harmony.

Ultimately, we all should find a way to co-exist in the community, we're all Jets Fans and we all ultimately want the same outcome (a Super Bowl victory for our Jets, or better yet several!), and we just have to try to understand each other a bit better, and if we can't, to at least respect each other enough to allow others to be what they are to some degree, in both directions. 

Or if we can't do that, put each other on ignore as needed, and don't sh*t up the board with 20 pages of the same off-topic axe-grinding back and forth repeated endlessly.... 

I'll repeat from earlier, you're not more of a "man" for choosing not using the ignore feature.  It's the forum solution for 95% of the most intractable issues this thread is about.  If you feel you cannot be positive because X or Y won't let you without comment, put them on ignore.  Problem solved.  The same goes vice versa, if you think some positive person is trolling your analytical/objective posts, put them on ignore.  They'll eventually get the hint when you stop responding to them (we'd hope).  

 

 

I agree with all of this.  I think it's funny that there's 11+ pages of moaning about management's position that they'd like people to stop trolling as much.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't be surprised that a mod or two have an alias on this forum and troll along to get clicks.  I've been saying this since Jet Nation was born...I know of one that did that and he's no longer on here.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Don't be surprised that a mod or two have an alias on this forum and troll along to get clicks.  I've been saying this since Jet Nation was born...I know of one that did that and he's no longer on here.

Smizzy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's sorta funny that the "negative" folks likely think almost exactly the same thing about the eternal optimist homer contingent.  Several of these folks also engage in what we'd call "insufferable schtick".  I won't cite specific examples, in the interest of forum harmony.

 

Henny Youngman and Rodney Dangerfield both did schtick and it was hilarous.  The same can be said about snark.  Some snark is hilarous.   This thread for instances has an amazing amount of posters who view themselves as  super positive, negatively attacking posters who don't meet their positivity threshold.    While not hilarious it's at least amusing.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yes, and yet you wont see me trolling the fanbase with 125 posts per day on Wilson being the worst QB ever, Saleh being the worst HC ever, and any other negative posts. To each their own I guess.....

How is that any different than saying the Jets suck and it doesn't take any brains to know it?  Pretty much what you said although you probably think you said something else?  

Think about what you actually wrote.  I'm a fan I think Zach could be great.  I think Becton could work out along with Mims.  They also could flop.  This is a board of Jets fans.  We are all emotionally invested.  Emotional investment means we will all be riding a roller coaster of ups and downs.  That's a given.  The negativity is a constant but it's also just as warranted as positivity.   Being a fan takes emotional investment.  We overshoot.  Who cares.  

The best thing about this thread is it's a wonderful bitch feast of the formely positivity folks showing they are just as emotionally childish as the negative fans.   They literally can't take it but they can sure dish it out.  

I'm hopeful Slat will start a thread for those that embrace negativity as their mantra.   We need a little more balance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Biggs said:

How is that any different than saying the Jets suck and it doesn't take any brains to know it?  Pretty much what you said although you probably think you said something else?  

Think about what you actually wrote.  I'm a fan I think Zach could be great.  I think Becton could work out along with Mims.  They also could flop.  This is a board of Jets fans.  We are all emotionally invested.  Emotional investment means we will all be riding a roller coaster of ups and downs.  That's a given.  The negativity is a constant but it's also just as warranted as positivity.   Being a fan takes emotional investment.  We overshoot.  Who cares.  

The best thing about this thread is it's a wonderful bitch feast of the formely positivity folks showing they are just as emotionally childish as the negative fans.   They literally can't take it but they can sure dish it out.  

 

I don't see it the same at all, I see a bunch of posters who sh*t on every thread they can, and then pat themselves on the back for saying they are always right. I am not sh*tting on any thread, I am pointing out that historically the Jets have not been good, and I am not calling myself a genius for it. My whole point on entering this thread is the trolling has gotten beyond obnoxious, if you think I am trolling, so be it

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't see it the same at all, I see a bunch of posters who sh*t on every thread they can, and then pat themselves on the back for saying they are always right. I am not sh*tting on any thread, I am pointing out that historically the Jets have not been good, and I am not calling myself a genius for it. My whole point on entering this thread is the trolling has gotten beyond obnoxious, if you think I am trolling, so be it

 

Thank you Joe Douglas.  the season starts very soon.  Chill out.  It's going to be wild and fun.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yes, and yet you wont see me trolling the fanbase with 125 posts per day on Wilson being the worst QB ever, Saleh being the worst HC ever, and any other negative posts. To each their own I guess.....

Looks like the straw man and exaggeration police are on lunch break.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Looks like the straw man and exaggeration police are on lunch break.

Don’t appreciate your town . Lunch break? Don’t need no damn break to get my lunch on! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Don’t appreciate your town . Lunch break? Don’t need no damn break to get my lunch on! 

Lol Crusher we know you have a doctor’s note that 3 hour lunch breaks are a medical necessity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I avoided reading this thread because of title until today.  I missed out on this glorious conversation.  

Grown men (some women I'm assuming) getting upset over what a stranger posts.  Click the ignore button and move on.  

It's the internet baby.  I just assume most of you are bots.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well.....any positivity I was feeling today just went out the window, with the trade away of Juan Soto.

Generational player, we traded him for a bagful of nothing.

Jeez I'll need the Jets to be decent this year, seriously......

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well.....any positivity I was feeling today just went out the window, with the trade away of Juan Soto.

Generational player, we traded him for a bagful of nothing.

Jeez I'll need the Jets to be decent this year, seriously......

 

That really sucks for you Nats fans.  2019 seems so long ago. Now brace yourself for him signing a contract for the same or less than Nats' final offer.  We've seen that often just being Jets fans. Condolences.   

Sincerely,
empathetic Mets fan. Sit back and enjoy deGrom's return tonight?  Well maybe not for Nats fans.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well.....any positivity I was feeling today just went out the window, with the trade away of Juan Soto.

Generational player, we traded him for a bagful of nothing.

Jeez I'll need the Jets to be decent this year, seriously......

 

Not only that, but losing Bell, only getting 4 prospects, not getting rid of Corbin/Strasburg, and (probably) taking on Hosmer.... wtf?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Not only that, but losing Bell, only getting 4 prospects, not getting rid of Corbin/Strasburg, and (probably) taking on Hosmer.... wtf?

Crushing.  That is all.

We're years from even being average now.  With an uncertain future re: our ownership.

Ugh.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Not only that, but losing Bell, only getting 4 prospects, not getting rid of Corbin/Strasburg, and (probably) taking on Hosmer.... wtf?

Good breakdown of this train wreck of a trade. Padres have the money I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I avoided reading this thread because of title until today.  I missed out on this glorious conversation.  

Grown men (some women I'm assuming) getting upset over what a stranger posts.  Click the ignore button and move on.  

It's the internet baby.  I just assume most of you are bots.  

 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Laugh now Johnny. Eventually Cyberdyne will become  self aware, 

@ GATA-BOT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Looks like the straw man and exaggeration police are on lunch break.

I took a walk to the supermarket. He’s over by a little, I’ll give you that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Maxman locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...