Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was surprised, I love Shane, and you were and have been our pipeline into the inner workings of the Jets, so how would I call either one of you a Troll??? :( 

I’m not sure lol, I’m not the one who said it!  That’s something Shane would have to answer.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Honestly, Becton isn't going to shed the doubt until he proves he can play for a full season, and I'm looking forward to seeing that. But, if he can't, or if he looks like he's struggling with this new scheme, then I'll be right there with the rest of them.

You do you.  And you honestly have the right and the cause to be critical...

But if he's not gaining weight,  taping out on plays or missing practice,  can we kill the fat lazy uncommitted thing and focus on whatever issue it might be. 

Not to say you are making those comments. I don't pay attention to the poster as much the post. 

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I would luv to see what his drunk boy dance looks like

btw - he looks like someones older nerd brother

Are you sure you want to see that lol....

I'm pretty sure that most of us that are "clubbing" age have seen it and wish we could unsee it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

A lot of frustration goes into being a Jet fan. As Jet fans, we all get it. An eleven year playoff drought and coming off a failed highly touted rookie QB only to replace him with someone who -shall we say- hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire has all of us frustrated, and these are topics worthy of discussion. 

However, if your primary -or exclusive- interaction on this site is; Zach sucks, Becton sucks, Saleh sucks, etc., and you feel the need to call out, criticize, or insult fans of the team who have simply chosen not to give up yet on some of these guys, you are going to get time off. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing what happens with all the new additions in the second year with this staff, fully aware of the concerns surrounding that big three and others. We’re not gonna have a few repetitive trolls ruin the site with their spamming every thread with their deeply held negative opinions. 

Again, we’re all for constructive criticism and there are plenty of ways to have those conversations. Just please keep it civil and keep the repetition to a minimum (odds are that we already know your opinion all too well). 

This really should be a time for a little optimism. A lot of new talent here, the team is 0-0, let’s see what happens, shall we? 

I cant believe people gave this a thumbs down. I guess we know who wants to bash the team before they even take off!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PorP said:

You do you.  And you honestly have the right and the cause to be critical...

But if he's not gaining weight,  taping out on plays or missing practice,  can we kill the fat lazy uncommitted thing and focus on whatever issue it might be. 

Not to say you are making those comments. I don't pay attention to the poster as much the post. 

I was pretty vocal in defending Becton during the spring and early summer, even though I acknowledged the doubts, but then when he wasn't ready for OTAs, and he showed up looking still overweight, I started to lose faith.

All he has to do is show consistency, and that goes for both being in game shape, and being able to block in this scheme. And that, imo, is more on maturity than anything.

6 hours ago, slats said:

A lot of frustration goes into being a Jet fan. As Jet fans, we all get it. An eleven year playoff drought and coming off a failed highly touted rookie QB only to replace him with someone who -shall we say- hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire has all of us frustrated, and these are topics worthy of discussion. 

However, if your primary -or exclusive- interaction on this site is; Zach sucks, Becton sucks, Saleh sucks, etc., and you feel the need to call out, criticize, or insult fans of the team who have simply chosen not to give up yet on some of these guys, you are going to get time off. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing what happens with all the new additions in the second year with this staff, fully aware of the concerns surrounding that big three and others. We’re not gonna have a few repetitive trolls ruin the site with their spamming every thread with their deeply held negative opinions. 

Again, we’re all for constructive criticism and there are plenty of ways to have those conversations. Just please keep it civil and keep the repetition to a minimum (odds are that we already know your opinion all too well). 

This really should be a time for a little optimism. A lot of new talent here, the team is 0-0, let’s see what happens, shall we? 

great post

and this is why i havent been around since the draft. i figured this place would still be arguing the same old stuff from the end of the season. but after the draft its a new season. especially after the draft and FA period we had. there should be nothing but excitement. 

i will see you guys in 2 weeks after the Eagles game when we really have something to talk about

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

It’s been a long offseason.  Everyone has made their positions very clear and the only thing that will change either side’s mind is play on the field. 

To continually debate the same argument with the same stats and viewpoints is getting tedious.  

Let’s start the season! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, slats said:

Thanks for posting this. Criticizing the team is fair and that will always be allowed. Getting mad at the team is fair, they make it easy.

But there is a line and some people are afraid to be positive because of the reaction they get.

It is okay to root for the Jets.  Really glad you posted this @slats!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Are you telling me that male4213 wasn't a genuine Jet fan?

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

How else is @T0mShane gonna combine his English Lit degree and his deep-seated loathing for all of Whoville?

I got this far.

I’m so proud of my protegape.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Seems @slats has an itchy trigger finger. 
With that said, on a side note, @slats is the most sophisticated mod on here and it’s not even close. Anyone who can come up with the brilliant analogy of comparing @T0mShane to a Russian bot ? is noteworthy for MOTY (Mod of the Year).

When @slats learns to live a lesser species, he can be most whatever. Until then it’s @The Crusher. Gfy.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Alka said:

I agree with the majority of what you said here.  I have no problem with posters disagreeing with me, or even being negative with the team or individual players.

What I have a problem with, is when a poster will go out of their way to criticize.  For instance, I posted a new thread not too long ago, and a poster came on and said that my thread was stupid or something to that nature.  I shot back saying that if you think my thread is stupid, then you should ignore it, and not go out of your way to comment on it.  He responded by saying "F you".

It is obvious to me that Jets fans like this have no life, and making comments on a thread being stupid fills up their boring, uninspired lives.  

For me, while I'm excited about the coming season, and hope that the Jets go to the Super Bowl, i will continue to point out things that concern me as a Jets fan, and hopefully, I am proven wrong.  I beieve that is what this site is all about.  Honest and direct discussion about the team we all love.  I am optimistic when I see fit, and I will be critical when I feel that I need to be.

That was me!!! It was a stupid thread. I was emotionally and intellectually offended by it. Do better. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think, if you were being objective and not simply siding with those everything-is-fine posters, you’d find that it’s the people saying “hey, these are the things keeping us from winning a title” that are maliciously attacked for saying, “hey, the supposed franchise OT weighing 400 pounds is bad!” or “hmm, Zach Wilson was statistically awful last season.” 

A reminder that this site only exists because Sean Deegan started censoring what he felt were negative posts toward the Jets in an effort to curry favor with the Jets front office and Mark Cannizaro. You mods really need to remember your history before you turn this place into the effectively defunct JetsInsider.com. Or, you could always try posting there again. They have ~12 active users, but they all seem to be pretty upbeat.

Can we just curtail this all to “stay on topic or find a new thread”?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This ... it's not the opinions that bother anyone ... it's the clusterbombing of incessant negative rants in every thread from the same posters. Its unrelenting ... and honestly devalues the site greatly .. you know me ... I am always up for snarky dissent... but that constant and unrelenting disparagement of the current team for no apparent coherent reason is really unbearable.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Fewer words: trolling that isn’t funny.

5 hours ago, doitny said:

great post

and this is why i havent been around since the draft. i figured this place would still be arguing the same old stuff from the end of the season. but after the draft its a new season. especially after the draft and FA period we had. there should be nothing but excitement. 

i will see you guys in 2 weeks after the Eagles game when we really have something to talk about

And after that 1st preseason game, we’ll see you August 2023. 

958C79B7-A94B-4EA3-A1DE-615E6D91E4D7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m gonna air a grievance here. As you know, I’ve been posting on these godforsaken message boards for 30+ years. The tenor and tone of the “debates” that go on these past few years have turned so malicious and so toxic that a lot of good posters can’t even sign on (much less engage) anymore. You know me: I’m rarely disrespectful toward other people’s opinions and I’m all for some light-hearted debate, but it gets discouraging to sign on in the morning and have a bunch of notifications of posts that aren’t debate, but unfunny clowns calling you a troll and seeing that mods have liked that post. I don’t take it personally because 1. I invite those responses with my pessimism and 2. **** those guys, but the sheer volume of posters whose entire posting oeuvre is just them coming after and attacking anyone who has even the most mild critique of this Jets franchise is pathetic. Not to call him out because I generally like him, but when is the last time @Charlie Brown made an actual football post instead of incessant “diseased trolls” commentary? The more derision you’re met with, the more hostile the tone of any thread gets. Do you know how excited I was to see @Mogglez’s post engaging me *on the merits* of my recent Zach Wilson post? Pretty ******* excited. You, me, and Meddle used to engage like that on the old board. But now? Not so much. If the mods want to create a better vibe in these threads, you need to check the tone of the people coming after even those you don’t agree with. You’ve been around long enough. You know the difference between a troll and a long suffering Jets fan. Don’t lump them in together, and don’t start threads calling for the extermination of those posters because you’re just going to make things worse for everybody. 

Just when I think I can’t hate you more. ♥️

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I want to make it clear that I genuinely think you are the most fun poster to debate on here and nothing I have ever said about trolls applies to you as a poster.  A large part of that is how long I’ve been around and, therefore, how much I know about your tone and posting style.

I appreciate the kind words about our smoldering hot discourse ?.  The post I made last night is a perfect example of how awesome back and forth debate can be when it’s genuine and objective.

Omg, don’t do this. He’s the wurst.

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Can you seriously look me in the eye and tell me you don't love this??

226241909_MacJonesWalk.gif.f51537c66b7521eff8b42fff2514d3e9.gif

It’s the best thing since the last time Dorothy shamed Blanche for being easy .

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Have we had a top 5 greatest NFL uniforms thread yet?

@Jetsfan80

This is my arena.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

IMO Only, take it for what it's worth:

We all need to put a bit more effort to stay on topic in threads.

Not every thread should be a treatise on the past 50 years of failure, or Zach Wilson, or Becton's Weight.

You all know me, I'm NOT one for censorship or over-moderation.  I proudly fly my grump old man flag.

But we really should at least TRY not to sh*t up other peoples threads with off-topic Zach/Futility/Becton talk.

It's just basic respect.  Too many threads get bogged down with two guys just back and forthing for three pages on off-topic same old same old, ruining the thread.

I don't see @slats or our other (TBQH very hands off, very cool) Mods being hard here.  It's just basic.

So don't be a dick, and just try a little harder.  Easy.

This. I think I asked to stay on topic 5-6 times before mods were tagged (by others) to course correct. A good troll knows how to endure. Take a hint. When one of the biggest rascals on the site is asking you to stay in topic..  it’s a sign.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

There’s a huge, and pretty obvious difference between the obvious trolls and the “pessimistic” (and largely accurate over the last long time) fans.

But for anyone that doesn’t see it, the pessimistic fans typically add to the conversation, just as optimistic ones, in one of two ways - posts that are insightful or posts that are humorous - at least in effort, even if the post misses.

That said, the attacks on the pessimistic fans are as big of a problem as anything else on this board.  They’re tolerated far too much because the attacks are confabulated with a “pro-Jets attitude,” but harm the discourse as much as anything else.  There’s a handful of posters who never talk football and just comment on how others are as fans - it adds nothing.

The trolls, should really not be given as much rope as they have been.  It’s been suggested before but not letting someone start a thread until they’ve reached a meaningful post milestone would be a good start.  I’d also check every sign-up before approval and stop repetitively banned posters from returning.  In 2022, with Twitter being the far bigger space for Jets (and any other) discourse, I can’t imagine there being so many sign-ups in a week that this becomes an arduous task - maybe I’m wrong?

I absolutely agree with this.  +1

52 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

There’s a huge, and pretty obvious difference between the obvious trolls and the “pessimistic” (and largely accurate over the last long time) fans.

But for anyone that doesn’t see it, the pessimistic fans typically add to the conversation, just as optimistic ones, in one of two ways - posts that are insightful or posts that are humorous - at least in effort, even if the post misses.

That said, the attacks on the pessimistic fans are as big of a problem as anything else on this board.  They’re tolerated far too much because the attacks are confabulated with a “pro-Jets attitude,” but harm the discourse as much as anything else.  There’s a handful of posters who never talk football and just comment on how others are as fans - it adds nothing.

The trolls, should really not be given as much rope as they have been.  It’s been suggested before but not letting someone start a thread until they’ve reached a meaningful post milestone would be a good start.  I’d also check every sign-up before approval and stop repetitively banned posters from returning.  In 2022, with Twitter being the far bigger space for Jets (and any other) discourse, I can’t imagine there being so many sign-ups in a week that this becomes an arduous task - maybe I’m wrong?

I was the first one here to be right about Rex. Not as a troll. Just as a fan. Eventually @T0mShane said all the same stuff in nicer, more polite ways… but there’s no way I was a detriment to JN. The truth shall give you fleas. 

• Haha 1