Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Yup - you would.

Difference is you don't make tens of millions of dollars for the NFL.

An earlier post stated that his contract was structured so he only made 1 mil this year and 40 next.

I am all for coincidences but to think this was not all predetermined would be foolish.

Reality is he will serve 6 and when he comes back the stadium will be packed and the game possibly flexed to prime time.

As Sonny said - No one cares. 

Yup and that's some serious Privilege~

They just said he went to 66 different masseuses in a year and a half~

Well the smart thing for the league and the NFLPA and Watson himself would be as follows.

Get the expected weak 6 game suspension recommendation.  The league and NFLPA get tough and add 2 games saying they do not stand for this stuff!  The player serves 8 games (instead of the year long suspension he should get) and the league and pa come out smelling like roses for getting tough and adding more games.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah listen and this is just off of emotion I have a couple of chicks who hate me, but you can't whip your Johnson out in front of 26 girls and only lose 6 weeks of your job that's absolutely disgusting.

I have a 9-year-old daughter....

This guy should be banned from the NFL forever~

I agree with your sentiments, I have 2 daughters. Unfortunately since there were no criminal charges and the suits are being settled this is about what I expected. This is a new process, also, with an ex judge deciding so she wasn’t bound by any precedent from past NFL suspensions. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the smart thing for the league and the NFLPA and Watson himself would be as follows.

Get the expected weak 6 game suspension recommendation.  The league and NFLPA get tough and add 2 games saying they do not stand for this stuff!  The player serves 8 games (instead of the year long suspension he should get) and the league and pa come out smelling like roses for getting tough and adding more games.

The way you phrase it  - this could very well be how this plays out. Everyone wins including Watson who only has a 1 mil salary this year so the extra 2 games are meaningless.

Except of course the 26 women.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

I didn't know this. Thank you.

It's all brand new. Nfl and pa had concerns over suspending innocent players. 

I think deshuan is the first player to go through the new process. 

And to clear up my own words,  the nfl and nfl pa appoint the 3rd party. 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Everyone looking to burn the nfl down because of this my question is why now???!

rapeBurger and pimping Snyder wasn't that bad huh????? 

People have been calling Ben that for years and most people want Snyder to lose his team. I don't think anyone upset with Watson was happy with either the Ben or Snyder cases

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Beyond disappointed, but I can’t say I am surprised.  The NFL has one last chance to make this right and appeal.  Now let’s see if they do that.

I don't wish for injuries but there will not be one ounce of me that feels bad for Deshaun if a DE knee caps him this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Nfl does not do suspensions anymore.  The players association hires a 3rd party to do that. The players association then issues the suspension.

NFL and the accused player both have the right to appeal. 

I was unaware of this as well.  Thanks.

Personal Opinion:  Not a surprising result, but I think it's not enough. 

A player who was out for the season and did a little gambling on others teams for which he had no inside info and was fully forthright when "caught" was suspended a full year. 

A guy who almost assuredly was a serial sexual predator of women but was intelligent enough not to leave enough evidence for criminal conviction gets 6 games.  Not even a half a season.  Big Ben all over again.

The NFL has a problem with discipline when it's players hurt women.  Unfortunately I think that problem will bite them in the ass over the long term, especially given how hard the NFL is trying to win over the growing female sports-fan demographic.

But it is what it is.  I'm going to stop watching the NFL over it, even if I will no longer be a passive Watson fan as I once was.  I certainly hope he never plays for the Jets now, and I was a huge supporting of drafting him (in the Adams draft year).

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Technically he lost a season and now a 1/3 due to the allegations.  

Good news is we don’t face him Week 2.

6 games this year is appropriate.

Move on and let’s get back to football 

He lost last season due to his disagreements/issues with the Texans. 

Not as a result of the sexual assault claims.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Technically he lost a season and now a 1/3 due to the allegations.  

Good news is we don’t face him Week 2.

6 games this year is appropriate.

Move on and let’s get back to football 

No he didn't, he chose not to play last year because he demanded a trade.

• Upvote 2

Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding here. The NFL’s new procedure for imposing discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy incorporates a Disciplinary Officer, who is jointly appointed and paid by the NFL and the NFL Players Association. The person retained for that position is former federal Judge Sue L. Robinson.

Robinson is a 3rd party former judge who oversaw the 3 day disciplinary hearing on Watson. She heard arguments from the NFL and NFLPA over the 3 day period, along with receiving some other written materials afterwards. Robinson then goes and reviews everything and determines if there is a violation of the NFLs personal conduct policy and if so how severe the punishment. 

After her ruling, the NFL or the NFLPA have the option to appeal. That appeal goes to Roger Goodell. 

A lot of unwarranted outrage here against the NFL. They did not make this decision, a 3rd party did. To me, it seems like the accusations and evidence wasn't nearly as strong as the media lead a lot here to believe. 

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was unaware of this as well.  Thanks.

Personal Opinion:  Not a surprising result, but I think it's not enough. 

A player who was out for the season and did a little gambling on others teams for which he had no inside info and was fully forthright when "caught" was suspended a full year. 

A guy who almost assuredly was a serial sexual predator of women but was intelligent enough not to leave enough evidence for criminal conviction gets 6 games.  Not even a half a season.  Big Ben all over again.

The NFL has a problem with discipline when it's players hurt women.  Unfortunately I think that problem will bite them in the ass over the long term, especially given how hard the NFL is trying to win over the growing female sports-fan demographic.

But it is what it is.  I'm going to stop watching the NFL over it, even if I will no longer be a passive Watson fan as I once was.  I certainly hope he never plays for the Jets now, and I was a huge supporting of drafting him (in the Adams draft year).

I don't know if I'm surprised or not lol. 

Most definitely disappointed as well.  I hope the nfl appeals and something much more substantial is handed down.

Nfl has 3 days to decide if they will appeal.

Watson through the PA has already said he doesn't want to appeal.... obviously.... that dirt bag. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

People have been calling Ben that for years and most people want Snyder to lose his team. I don't think anyone upset with Watson was happy with either the Ben or Snyder cases

My point is where is the same level of outrage??????

For example go on Rich Esien’s YouTube page and please tell me why is he ripping Watson more than a pimping owner? rich was literally laughing with a comedian on his show about Krafts crimes but with Watson it’s the worst thing he has ever seen…

You are a YouTuber how many times Watsons situation was mentioned in comparison to Dan Snyder?

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah listen and this is just off of emotion I have a couple of chicks who hate me, but you can't whip your Johnson out in front of 26 girls and only lose 6 weeks of your job that's absolutely disgusting.

I have a 9-year-old daughter....

This guy should be banned from the NFL forever~

Almost right at 15 minutes of game time per massage therapist.

I have a 15 and 1 year old daughter.   If the Jets had traded for him, I would have found another team, or just watched college.

• Upvote 1