Jump to content

Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that the 12 game offer ends up back on the table at some point before they get to the legal bloodshed stage. 

Guaranteed that they offered it to him over the last two days, and said it would stay on the table until the day the appeal is decided and not a second longer

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Side note: You have to wonder if Houston PD or associated legal entities would reconsider pursuing charges against Watson, given how Robinson ruled on the case. Seems absurd that everyone is looking for a snake like Roger Goodell to be the one to make this right. 

Would you like me to tell you how that actually pans out or are you back on the wannabe Toobin thing 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

2.  Sue Robinson’s full report is pretty much the nail in the coffin for Deshaun.  She fully admits that the NFL made their case, she believes he did what he is accused of, and that the only reason she gave the league a recommendation of 6 games is there is no set precedent.

That is not the only reason she recommends 6. Along with precedent (which there is not any, regardless of what she claims), she also defines Watson’s actions as nonviolent, even though she acknowledges the women clearly went along with things because they were scared and felt unsafe. And also that Watson’s reputation was good prior to sexually assaulting god knows how many women.

It’s important that this gets recognized, because I can promise you some of that, in some form, is what his lawyers argued in front of the grand jury. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

What would the storyline be for that match-up? 

Makes sense but wouldn't that be a storyline no matter what? Doesn't matter who they're playing. He had plenty of other drama with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I dont think so .. he can go play in the CFL... if I sexually assaulted even 1 person i would be fired.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

Didn’t the CFL and NFL agree that a player suspended by the NFL is barred from the CFL if he is under contract?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Didn’t the CFL and NFL agree that a player suspended by the NFL is barred from the CFL if he is under contract?

Yes. Also, the odds that Watson would put his guaranteed 230M contract with the Browns at risk by potentially injuring himself in a different league and voiding his guarantees are absolute zero.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. Also, the odds that Watson would put his guaranteed 230M contract with the Browns at risk by potentially injuring himself in a different league and voiding his guarantees are absolute zero.
His choice ... sit and rot at home then .. collects his millions getting tugjobs from anyone he pleases ... browns suck for at least 10 years as a result. Not the NFLs problem the Browns are scum and made that deal. Thst co tract structured to essentially let him skate without losing a dime ... that's the part that makes it so hard to have any sympathy at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk



  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, Watson is still screwed regardless because of the language in the CBA. But the NFL is never going to act in good faith when it comes to the personal conduct policy. They are still going to let optics and public outcry dictate their punishment and ignore the arbitrator decision if they don't like it. They are retroactive, not proactive. The judge literally told them this was a problem on their end, and they still choose to do it at the end of the day.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like it might be thar we don't see Watson anyway. One of the NFL guys said that Watson and the NFLPA agreed to the 6 games so thar starts regardless, but I think they can both respond to the NFL appeal and appeal theselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Personally I dont give a sh*t of we see him or not ... we beat him ... we are what the record says we are ... no hiding in cheap wins. Good teams dont do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

Don't either just pointing it out since it is not what one would expect

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone smarter than I on this topic tell me why the organization is treating all cases as a violation rather that each case individually a violation of the conduct policy? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Can someone smarter than I on this topic tell me why the organization is treating all cases as a violation rather that each case individually a violation of the conduct policy? 

Its the legal system mentality.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Its the legal system mentality.  

Well I can't speak to civil law. So with a grain of salt but.... But that is the opposite of the legal system. 

If I get 5 speeding tickets in a day,  they don't group them together and assess fine / points based on the group. Each is individual with its own fine / points....

Hence why I asked the question in the first place. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PorP said:

Well I can't speak to civil law. So with a grain of salt but.... But that is the opposite of the legal system. 

If I get 5 speeding tickets in a day,  they don't group them together and assess fine / points based on the group. Each is individual with its own fine / points....

Hence why I asked the question in the first place. 

Person faces the following charges:

5 break and enters

5 possession of stolen property

1 breach of probation

1 possession of a prohibitive weapon

2 counts of assault

1 count of evading police

Pleads guilty to simple assault and one count of possession of stolen property.  Rubber stamped by the prosecutor and the judge. 

Happens ALL the time.

Or the guy gets convicted of 5 rapes.  The sentences are concurrent rather than consecutive,  Happens all the time.

Also re your tickets example even those are plead down regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Person faces the following charges:

5 break and enters

5 possession of stolen property

1 breach of probation

1 possession of a prohibitive weapon

2 counts of assault

1 count of evading police

Pleads guilty to simple assault and one count of possession of stolen property.  Rubber stamped by the prosecutor and the judge. 

Happens ALL the time.

Or the guy gets convicted of 5 rapes.  The sentences are concurrent rather than consecutive,  Happens all the time.

Also re your tickets example even those are plead down regularly.

The other charges are dropped and don't go to court in lieu of the plea.

But the theft and aussault are each treated as different crimes. Each with thier own sentence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PorP said:

The other charges are dropped and don't go to court in lieu of the plea.

But the theft and aussault are each treated as different crimes. Each with thier own sentence. 

Also, if he / she are guilty. It's why the judge says...

"For the c crime of xyz aussault I sentence you to 4 yeatss"... "for the crime of xyz theft I sentence you to 1 yr"

Your talking about the plea's and negotiation that shape the charts that actually go to court.  Not how charges are treated in court. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

In the end, isn't this still Goodell's decision?

No. Goodell appointed a designee, which means it's entirely that designee's decision. Harvey's call entirely, and the NFL will have to live with whatever he decides.

But he has to work from the premise that Watson was guilty; that's not up for review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, King P said:

At the end of the day, Watson is still screwed regardless because of the language in the CBA. But the NFL is never going to act in good faith when it comes to the personal conduct policy. They are still going to let optics and public outcry dictate their punishment and ignore the arbitrator decision if they don't like it. They are retroactive, not proactive. The judge literally told them this was a problem on their end, and they still choose to do it at the end of the day.

Both the NFLPA and the NFL are allowed under the CBA to appeal the decision within 3 days. The NFL wanted to suspend him indefinitely, judge said 6 games so the NFL appealed. How is that considered retroactive?

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

No. Goodell appointed a designee, which means it's entirely that designee's decision. Harvey's call entirely, and the NFL will have to live with whatever he decides.

But he has to work from the premise that Watson was guilty; that's not up for review

So Harvey can shorten, lengthen or leave the original decision unchanged and that's it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...