Garrett Wilson will lead the Jets in TD receptions in 2022

15 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Basically, I just changed the title to some non-Watson topic!  :) 

And a fine job in doing so.

The more I listen to this kid - I just get the feeling that he is going to be special.

Gotta see it on the field obviously - but he just seems low key and let my play do the talking.

• Upvote 2

With Davis, Moore, Berrios, Wilson, Uzumoah, Conklin, and both Carter and Hall potential threats out of the backfield, I imagine Zach is going to spread the ball around quite a bit. I don't think there's going to be a huge divide between the #1 and #2 in TD receptions.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

With Davis, Moore, Berrios, Wilson, Uzumoah, Conklin, and both Carter and Hall potential threats out of the backfield, I imagine Zach is going to spread the ball around quite a bit. I don't think there's going to be a huge divide between the #1 and #2 in TD receptions.

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

sounds like Corey Davis may surprise and surpass everyone....maybe

Davis was top 20 in the NFL last year in TD % when you take out the part-timers who had like 2 TDs on 8 catches or something. He was far from a disappointment, unless (IMHO) your expectations were far too high especially if you didn't adjust based on the QB struggles.

Moore wasn't too far behind Davis but most of this came when Davis was out and the QB settled down somewhat. Add that Davis is a bigger target in the red zone and the easy bet (by the odds) is Davis leads the team in receiving TDs.

• Upvote 2

If Davis stays healthy I think he will lead the team in TDs. I think Moore will lead the team in catches and will prove to be Zach's 'safety blanket'. 

Last year Davis got hurt and I don't think got a chance to develop chemistry with Zach as he struggled early on as a rookie. Still Davis ended up with 34 catches, 492 yards and 4TDs in 9 games. That's more TDs than Berrios in 16 games, and one less than Elijah Moore (5TDs) in 11 games.

While I think there's still a good chance Moore will have the most TDs, I also think he will be getting the most attention from opposing teams.

Obviously, its possible Wilson will explode on the scene (he certainly has the talent) and lead the Jets in TDs, but I just find it unlikely. Hard for a rookie to adjust that quickly to the NFL and produce immediately with a second year QB at the helm who will need a reliable target.   

And as so many people have already stated- Zach will spread the ball around, so the difference in TD catches between the guy with the most, second and third most wont be major.

Its quite possible Davis will have something like 6, Moore will have 5, the TEs will have 5, Wilson will have 4, Berrios will have 3 and the RBs will have 4. That would give Zach 27 TDs, a big jump, but not out of the realm of possibility if he stays heathy and this offense gets on track.   

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Davis was top 20 in the NFL last year in TD % when you take out the part-timers who had like 2 TDs on 8 catches or something. He was far from a disappointment, unless (IMHO) your expectations were far too high especially if you didn't adjust based on the QB struggles.

Moore wasn't too far behind Davis but most of this came when Davis was out. Add that Davis is a bigger target in the red zone and the easy bet (by the odds) is Davis leads the team in receiving TDs.

not to mention how he lost 10-15 lbs and how he seemingly stacking good practices it just seems like this is going to be good year for him

we shall see

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If Davis stays healthy I think he will lead the team in TDs. I think Moore will lead the team in catches and will prove to be Zach's 'safety blanket'. 

Last year Davis got hurt and I don't think got a chance to develop chemistry with Zach as he struggled early on as a rookie. Still Davis ended up with 34 catches, 492 yards and 4TDs in 9 games. That's more TDs than Berrios in 16 games, and one less than Elijah Moore (5TDs) in 11 games.

While I think there's still a good chance Moore will have the most TDs, I also think he will be getting the most attention from opposing teams.

Obviously, its possible Wilson will explode on the scene (he certainly has the talent) and lead the Jets in TDs, but I just find it unlikely. Hard for a rookie to adjust that quickly to the NFL and produce immediately with a second year QB at the helm who will need a reliable target.   

And as so many people have already stated- Zach will spread the ball around, so the difference in TD catches between the guy with the most, second and third most wont be major.

Its quite possible Davis will have something like 6, Moore will have 5, the TEs will have 5, Wilson will have 4, Berrios will have 3 and the RBs will have 4. That would give Zach 27 TDs, a big jump, but not out of the realm of possibility if he stays heathy and this offense gets on track.   

Agree w/ this, it will be Davis IMO.  People might forget how much Zach looked for him, he was staring him down hard for the first weeks.  He loved him some Davis.  I think Berrios might lead the team in receptions but Davis will lead in yards and TD's.

• Upvote 1