Connor Hughes

Not counting all of the athletes who used the local sports networks as a springboard...

Kevin Burkhardt was with SNY before he got a gig with Fox Sports, he's now their lead NFL broadcaster.

Matt Yallof was at SNY before he got a gig for MLB Network and NHL Network

Michelle Beadle was with YES before she got a gig with ESPN

Kim Jones was with YES before she got a gig with NFL Network

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, usanyj said:

Better be careful working with jeane coakley. 

JC's post game interview Qs for CH:

what was your mindset in taking this job?

what was the message to the SNY team?

how frustrating was it working at The Athletic?

Talk about joining SNY...

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Zach Rosenblatt who took over for Connor Hughes has been pretty good with his observations. These guys are reporters not analysts they cannot and should not speculate on the tactical. They can ask coaches about struggles in practice but can only report what the coaches say. 

they regularly make comments like "Sauce working in with the 1s" ect..

not looking for team secrets here just some basic update on draft picks other then the #1 picks on where they are working in on.  NFL and JETS spent months hyping this stuff  - where is Max working in?  Is he working in with the 1s? doubt it but where is he working in with?

go look at Green bay or other teams like that and they have very detailed camp reports saying what players are working in which strings all the time.

also keep in mind there are PUBLIC practices as well and there should be no restrictions there for observations.

3 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Career history

Baltimore Ravens (2002–2008)

New York Jets (2009–2012)

Career highlights and awards

Second-team All-Pro (2006)

Pro Bowl (2006)

you'd have a point if the job was stuffing the run.. but it's not. You could be best player in the world doesn't mean you're good on TV, radio, or podcast.

39 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

comparing Bart Scott to Connor Hughes is...well...

Pretty accurate analogy the point of which you missed.  Unless you think ex players should get national gigs just because, not because they proved they can do it on a lower level like SNY

13 hours ago, David Harris said:

What does that mean, honest question? Jeane’s one of my favorite Jets heads

Connor did really pump this up too much but I’m happy he’s happy.  He was the best Jets “insider” since he’s been on the beat.

It’s a step up for him and he’s now a TV personality in the worlds biggest media market.  I imagine he sees this as the next step on the ladder to getting on TV and eventually moving up to a national network. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9174061/amp/NY-sportscaster-sue-ex-network-dropped-hes-white.html

hope she’s ok working with another white guy

14 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Guy teased for over 4-6-8 weeks "a life changing, career changing opportunity that he could not turn down".

Kept saying it.

Kept pumping it.

Kept playing it up.

He's going to...wait for it...SNY. Ha!

The poor guy.  He was acting like he was going to be anchoring primetime SportsCenter from Bristol, CT.  

What a joke.

Guy is probably a decent kid but, he's a little high on his own supply.

I don't know, sounds like a great move to me.

I'm not in the industry but I have to imagine that moving from Print to TV is a pretty big deal.  Good for him.  He's earned the opportunity.

Think about guys like Cimini to ESPN, Ian Eagle and Bob Wischusen to places to like CBS and doing nationally televised games after doing print and radio.  SNY seems like a good step for him.  Might turn out to be just his first of several TV jobs.