Miami stripped of their 2023 1st RD pick

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL
Calvin Ridley got suspended a full season without pay for placing a $1500 bet on his own team while injured and watching at home.
1.5 M is pocket change for Stephen Ross.
And what does it mean to "suspend" an owner anyway?
BTW, still waiting for the Kraft "discipline" that is never going to happen....
Not even pocket change ....1.5 mill put of 8.6 Billion NET.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

What did they do?

Hired someone who wasn't a "company guy" to be HC. When said guy was dumped he went scorched earth with accusations that the owner told him to tank, and that they tampered with a player under contract.

For most it's only deplorable if you get caught at which point it becomes a matter of show.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This league is  a joke.  I hate the Dolphlegms as much as anyone but guys doing things that have been done for 60 years in this league and suddenly it is a heinous act in which you must be PUNISHED!  This and bounty gate and then we have a player given a measly 6 games for totally real abhorrent behavior and an owner doing the same shi* and it's like a slap on the wrist.

• Upvote 3

I genuinely wonder if this punishment is a precursor to the NFL Deshaun Watson appeal, should they choose to do so.  I remember a big NFLPA sticking point is that owners don’t get treated the same way.  Well?  That just changed.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This league is  a joke.  I hate the Dolphlegms as much as anyone but guys doing things that have been done for 60 years in this league and suddenly it is a heinous act in which you must be PUNISHED!  This and bounty gate and then we have a player given a measly 6 games for totally real abhorrent behavior and an owner doing the same shi* and it's like a slap on the wrist.

Yeah tampering is kind of BS. Plus the main accusation (paying Flores to lose) turned out to be made up.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I genuinely wonder if this punishment is a precursor to the NFL Deshaun Watson appeal, should they choose to do so.  I remember a big NFLPA sticking point is that owners don’t get treated the same way.  Well?  That just changed.

So, in comparison, I guess creepy Bob Kraft got off easy for his own disgusting behavior, which surely sullied the NFL reputation.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1