Miami stripped of their 2023 1st RD pick

Rhg1084

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s going through Tua’s head?  They’ve tried to dump him twice.  Once for an old man with limited time left and for a serial rapist. 

Then they talk out of the other side of their asses that Tua’s their guy. 

LMFAOOOOOO 🤣😂🤣😂

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The one thing not being discussed is that it sounds like Brady was interested in the Dolphins.  Maybe he really wanted to stick it to BB and the Pats 2x per year in regular season just to show them who was the real reason for their success.

Of course he did, just like Favre to the Vikes via us - except we didn’t get a Super Bowl out of it.  

Have to give it to him, he still has a massive chip on his shoulder. 

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Well...that would be typical NFL, because according to the report the Dolphins were only found guilty of tampering with Brady and Payton.  The Flores allegations were rejected.

Not the allegations of their wanting him to throw games…that part stuck like glue…

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You kept changing the subject. The issue is punishment not guilt or innocence. The civil cases have settled and the criminal cases went nowhere. Hardly a green light special to bring the hammer down. What would your punishment be, and what specifically would you be basing it on?

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

You kept changing the subject. The issue is punishment not guilt or innocence. The civil cases have settled and the criminal cases went nowhere. Hardly a green light special to bring the hammer down. What would your punishment be, and what specifically would you be basing it on?

By NFL policy nobody can appeal the finding of guilt.   Taking your wang out against 26 nonconsenting women is a big deal.

If I was the commissioner Watson’s stance of no guilt, lame contract, and threat to appeal makes me go 2 more years without pay.

I’d settle for a huge fine and 1 year, or let it ride and try for 2 years without pay.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Hot take 

actually Watson has settled most of the civil suits and both grand juries declined to press criminal charges due to a lack of evidence meeting the threshold. I’m not saying he’s innocent, but it’s tough to punish someone on hearsay 

I think the worst things about the Watson case are:

1) This guy propositioned over 60 massage therapists, and a third of them were willing to come forward and say something. Regardless of their motivations - justice, vengeance, money, whatever - Watson has a problem with serial predatory behavior, and yet there was no counseling or avenue mandated for him to change his behavior towards women. Anyone with daughters should be appalled.

2) Houston gets off completely, yet they knew what was going on, evidenced by them knowing he was plowing through dozens of non-team massage therapists, and giving him a blank non-disclosure contract drafted by the team legal department for him to use with these therapists to attempt to silence them; they must have known or suspected something untoward, or why would Watson need such a document? How do they coast by enabling and ignoring this behavior, to the detriment of everyone?

3) The league lets the Brown structure his contract to absolutely minimize the financial punishment to Watson, joining the Texans as further enablers of his behavior. Are they going to let it continue, but just cover it up better? Will they (or the league)  mandate some sort of therapy to discourage this behavior going forward?

I doubt it. Letting Kraft, Watkins and Snyder skate free tells women all they need to know about the NFL, sadly. MHO.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

I wrote you a whole pm on this stuff because it's cluttering the board and I don't want to argue, just discuss. But apparently you can't receive messages. 😆 

I'm done....we disagree. Oh well, means nothing. Have a good one. 

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I wrote you a whole pm on this stuff because it's cluttering the board and I don't want to argue, just discuss. But apparently you can't receive messages. 😆 

I'm done....we disagree. Oh well, means nothing. Have a good one. 

You can’t answer the question of what your punishment would be and why because it would clutter a message board ?

Does anyone actually think Tom wins a ring in Miami these last two years? I for one don’t think they would have. The talent and coaching just aren’t what they were in Tampa, depending on how you view Brian Flores. I would’ve loved the timeline where Tom got to Miami, doesn’t win sh*t, and this punishment is multiplied by 10 anyways. I just feel like things worked out well for Tom and I don’t like that lol. 

• Upvote 1

So now there will only be 31 first round picks instead of the normal 32? Some unknown college kid who would have gone in the 1st round gets screwed....

Also, what about the $15M-$20M the Fins would have paid that 1st round pick they no longer have? Do they get to spend that $20M elsewhere on the team? If so, then not really that much of a punishment. They should lose not only the pick, but the cap $'s that would have gone along with that pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This is ugly and the subtext is uglier. Reading between the lines, the Fins were offering Brady an ownership stake — presumably to accrue after he retired — in some sort of salary cap evading move.

Gee, I wonder what made them think he might be down for an arrangement like that.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is ugly and the subtext is uglier. Reading between the lines, the Fins were offering Brady an ownership stake — presumably to accrue after he retired — in some sort of salary cap evading move.

Gee, I wonder what made them think he might be down for an arrangement like that.

I think Bob Kraft is still paying TB12 $12,000 per protein shake.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think Bob Kraft is still paying TB12 $12,000 per protein shake.

I still believe Tom will sign a totally spontaneous and arms-length personal services contract with the team a year or so after he finally calls it quits.

• Upvote 1