Texans

Bronx

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why are we declaring Stingley a bust already? 

This surely never backfires for jet fans. 

Rethorical question: do you honestly think that Stingley is going to have a better career than Sauce?

• Upvote 1

Rethorical question: do you honestly think that Stingley is going to have a better career than Sauce?
Its possible... very possible... injuries are the only reasons it wouldn't be at least close.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just a terrible blunder on their part.

It's just a massive risk to go hot on a player because of what he did two years ago in college.

The Trayvon Walker pick is going to stink in the end as well.

Yeah, I think the bold is the pick that's going to look the worst in five years.  I think there will be a lot of good players from the top 10 and I'm skeptical Walker will be one of them.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's just a massive risk to go hot on a player because of what he did two years ago in college.

Trayvon is "flashing potential" so far they say..

I dont think they are saying the same for Thibs tho

and sauce although looks promising from what others players and coaches are saying I have not seen much in tweets where he PD..except for the lone Sabo text saying how riduclous inhuman he is..little over the top there i think,

It is hard to get it right as a GM. 

They are haunted by the prospect of passing on the next HoF player, so those burdened by a high draft pick end up picking the player with potential/athleticism rather than likelihood of being very good/good.   The new rookie pay scale makes it easier to take a chance on players with potential.  

Mac got it the other way-he was afraid of picking a bust, so he picked high floor/low ceiling players in the first round, while not having a clue after that.  Leo, Quinnen, even Darron Lee and Darnold.  

JD picked the T who could play LT but had some flaws, and the QB with an arm and mobility who was compared to Aaron Rodgers.   We all knew that if you wanted a QB that was most likely to be decent, Mac Jones was the pick.  At least we did not get Lance or Fields.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

It is hard to get it right as a GM. 

They are haunted by the prospect of passing on the next HoF player, so those burdened by a high draft pick end up picking the player with potential/athleticism rather than likelihood of being very good/good.   The new rookie pay scale makes it easier to take a chance on players with potential.  

Mac got it the other way-he was afraid of picking a bust, so he picked high floor/low ceiling players in the first round, while not having a clue after that.  Leo, Quinnen, even Darron Lee and Darnold.  

JD picked the T who could play LT but had some flaws, and the QB with an arm and mobility who was compared to Aaron Rodgers.   We all knew that if you wanted a QB that was most likely to be decent, Mac Jones was the pick.  At least we did not get Lance or Fields.  

Very good post.  

Mac was completely lost - with no coherent plan at all - but to your point - he drafted scared.  He always seemed to take the safe consensus pick.

JD is far more of a home run swinger - JD seems to understand to win a championship you need impact players.  They may be riskier picks (or he seems eager to trade up to get his guy) - but if they hit - you can build a team that can be special.  We really don't know if this overall team will grow together but surely JD is drafting to win. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

From my few seconds of Twitter research, Walker is dominating training camp. 

And Hutch getting stood up…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

How do they pass on Sauce?

This has to be the greatest gift ever. I couldn't believe when they drafted Stingley, my jaw truly dropped. 

I don't wanna go straight simple jack in a rookie TC thread. 

But.... sometimes you just thank God for the gift and there is no reason... no reason at all to look that gift horse in the kisser. 

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Blunder? maybe.... Stingley looks real good in camp..

• Sympathy 1