Throwback Thursday...

That first clip was the first game I ever attended.  Five years old.  Joe had gone 15/26  for 496 and 6/1 week 2 against the Colts at Memorial Stadium.  That was the September game.  The game I went to was at Shea in October and IIRC it was kind of cold.  Joe was 5 of 16 for 228 and they won on the tipped pass to Little Eddie Bell who was clicking his heels in the end zone.  I think they got confused because the Jets wore white for both games.  He averaged 36 yards per completion over two games and people want to whine about his completion percentage.  It was another world.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That first clip was the first game I ever attended.  Five years old.  Joe had gone 15/26  for 496 and 6/1 week 2 against the Colts at Memorial Stadium.  That was the September game.  The game I went to was at Shea in October and IIRC it was kind of cold.  Joe was 5 of 16 for 228 and they won on the tipped pass to Little Eddie Bell who was clicking his heels in the end zone.  I think they got confused because the Jets wore white for both games.  He averaged 36 yards per completion over two games and people want to whine about his completion percentage.  It was another world.

Thank you...I wasn't able to load it the right way.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Was there as well. Not a soul left their seats and as soon as he was seen walking out onto the field that’s when the standing o started and didn’t end until he started speaking about 15 minutes later. Longest standing o I ever saw 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Damn how sweet it was!

• Upvote 2