Jets get rid of cheerleaders, no more Flight Crew

33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol you sound like a fun guy

I think you may have a very odd idea of what "fun" is if you think that.

But to each their own.  

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ah, come on.  No one is forcing those ladies to objectify themselves.  It’s actually a fierce competition to get chosen. 
This isn’t sexually abused strippers paying for their meth habit.

It's a somewhat regular source of controversy for the NFL (look at the Dan Snyder situation, for example, and that isn't the only one).

And it serves no purpose IMO.   This is professional football, not pee wee league or a JV game.  It's entirely unnecessary to the product of an NFL game.

If folks are a big fan of women's dancing, go to a woman's dancing competition.  I'm here for football, not a sideshow.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

It sucks that they did those girls dirty like that.  Seems like classic Woody half-assedness.

I probably won't miss the Flight Crew at all, but I will say that as far as "gameday presentation" goes (discussed ad nauseum with @Maxman and @SAR I) they were one of the few things that the team actually did right - their performances were fine, and not obnoxious like the rest of their MAKE SOME NOIZZZZEEEEEE /// MASH UPPPP horse sh*t.

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

It sucks that they did those girls dirty like that.  Seems like classic Woody half-assedness.

I probably won't miss the Flight Crew at all, but I will say that as far as "gameday presentation" goes (discussed ad nauseum with @Maxman and @SAR I) they were one of the few things that the team actually did right - their performances were fine, and not obnoxious like the rest of their MAKE SOME NOIZZZZEEEEEE /// MASH UPPPP horse sh*t.

You’re telling me you don’t like the “Joe Nolan cam”? It is thirddddddddddddd down!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You’re telling me you don’t like the “Joe Nolan cam”? It is thirddddddddddddd down!

It's gotten so bad I think they're personally attacking me.

"IT IS THIRRRRRRDDD DOWN...." :: Joe Nolan's bloated red face:: MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIISE ... "AND TWO!"

:: Patriots gain 17 yards and pick up another first down ::

:: Don't Stop Believin' / Ariana Grande mash-up plays ::

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ok. Now you went too far.

there was a game either last year or year before where I did no to go but watching at home. I swear we are down by at least 20 and that jackass does the it’s 3rd down. 
if the tv was not new a frying pan almost went into it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

It's gotten so bad I think they're personally attacking me.

"IT IS THIRRRRRRDDD DOWN...." :: Joe Nolan's bloated red face:: MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIISE ... "AND TWO!"

:: Patriots gain 17 yards and pick up another first down ::

:: Don't Stop Believin' / Ariana Grande mash-up plays ::

Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I've known some cheerleaders from different pro sports. They reminisce fondly about being a cheerleader generally but when they talk about how they were treated the tone really changes. Lots of work to get paid basically nothing for a lot of sexual harassment internally and externally. For most of them it was a resume builder to go on and do something else. They weren't diehard fans or felt like cheerleading was a calling in life. 

It doesn't bother me but I don't care about them being there, either. Probably for the best to let cheerleading leave pro sports. Plenty of other ways for young attractive women to put something on their resumes. 

• Upvote 1

JN should start an independent Jets dance team w/ posters from the board.  We could do stuff in the parking lot before games, events, Tik Tok, Onlyfans and obviously do a calendar as well.  Just sayin, could be a huge opportunity to capitalize on this decision.

I'm great a dancer w/ fantastic choreography skills.  @munchmemory could be our music coordinator.  We have a ton of fashionistas who could design our outfits. 

@Maxman  thoughts?  Start a sign up thread, see if there is interest?!?!   

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

JN should start an independent Jets dance team w/ posters from the board.  We could do stuff in the parking lot before games, events, Tik Tok, Onlyfans and obviously do a calendar as well.  Just sayin, could be a huge opportunity to capitalize on this decision.

I'm great a dancer w/ fantastic choreography skills.  @munchmemory could be our music coordinator.  We have a ton of fashionistas who could design our outfits. 

DMAN IT!  @CTM isn't here to post our audition gif!  LOL  He ruins everything.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Fabulous thinking, JiF.  I just took the loom out of mothballs to begin crafting preliminary fabric concepts. 

As for the music?  Give me an afternoon and I'll create an absolutely boffo musical number with full orchestrations.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I've known some cheerleaders from different pro sports. They reminisce fondly about being a cheerleader generally but when they talk about how they were treated the tone really changes. Lots of work to get paid basically nothing for a lot of sexual harassment internally and externally. For most of them it was a resume builder to go on and do something else. They weren't diehard fans or felt like cheerleading was a calling in life. 

It doesn't bother me but I don't care about them being there, either. Probably for the best to let cheerleading leave pro sports. Plenty of other ways for young attractive women to put something on their resumes. 

My sister was a Colts cheerleader for a decade. 

The pay argument is way overblown. It's barely a part time job for the vast majority of them and nobody ever talks about the insane amount of perks they get. 

Gym, fitness instructors, salon services, hair and beauty products, tanning, dietitians, nails... all free, every bit, whenever they want it. 

Thats not including the amazing amount of networking they get. 

Once you put a dollar on those factors for a lady, they do very well for it being an extremely part time gig. 

• Upvote 2

I would be interested in hearing from the Jets their official statement why they did this, and they obviously should have treated the women better.

But in 2022, I don't disagree that getting rid of them was a smart business decision.  They are just a liability and unnecessary temptation.  The organization should focus on football (like the Steelers (and Giants)), and the fans can find other places to look at women.  

It doesn't impact my fandom one way or another, but it sucks that these young women lose an opportunity because the Flight Crew's existence went from a harmless activity to a legal liability not worth risking. This is the world we live in.