Jets get rid of cheerleaders, no more Flight Crew

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

This new world is no place for a cheerleader whis entire existence is based on the idea that men want to look at women.

This eliminates any problems with harassment before they occur.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Seems silly to me.  You can't overcome nature.  Men will still ogle women.  And powerful men will still take advantage of their position.  Are we going to eliminate beauty pageants too?  And modeling?  And many actresses are there for their looks rather than acting skills.

Having no cheerleaders also eliminates jobs.  Not that these jobs pay much but I'm sure being a cheerleader can open doors. 

Seems silly to me.  You can't overcome nature.  Men will still ogle women.  And powerful men will still take advantage of their position.  Are we going to eliminate beauty pageants too?  And modeling?  And many actresses are there for their looks rather than acting skills.
Having no cheerleaders also eliminates jobs.  Not that these jobs pay much but I'm sure being a cheerleader can open doors. 

Trust me the world is moving towards ambivalent asexuality flickering out of existence.

Its socially.unacceptable for our species to behave instinctually in any fashion.

Really sad.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Trust me the world is moving towards gender neutrality and the human race will dwindle toward ambivalent asexuality flickering out of existence.

Really sad.

This is all very true.

thst is why I predict a resurgence of womens roller derby

offends no one.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Beauty pageants are not as common around the world as they are in the United States.

I've always looked at them with a certain curiosity, they are quite of an exotic concept for me to be honest. Not to mention children beauty pageants.

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This new world is no place for a cheerleader whos entire existence is based on the idea that men want to look at women.

This eliminates any problems with harassment before they occur.

1bdc3f0ffd245cf65f58c63b405908ee.jpg

Post of the century, can someone pull the plug on me.

I. Can’t. Stop. Looking. 

E2D2F126-9E12-4BB6-BF61-C6081F41B993.gif

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Children's pageants are creepy and unnecessary... should be probably be banned.

I agree completely.

But they seem to be part of an assembly line that lead to adult beauty pageants and jobs such a as cheerleading and stuff. Kinda all part of the same culture imo.

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Trust me the world is moving towards ambivalent asexuality flickering out of existence.

Its socially.unacceptable for our species to behave instinctually in any fashion.

Really sad.

Everything in this world is cyclical, bounces from hi to lo back to hi, corrections in both extremes. never say never.

• Sympathy 1

Highly unfortunate. 

As a STH, I did observe over the last 11 years: 

they did bring countless smiles to older Jets fans - as some smug posters remarked regarding “Boomers”

They really have a positive effect on young female Jets fans (girls) who did seem to enjoy it by standing up and dancing along with the cheer crew when being featured on the 4 big screens. It was actually nice to see the dads’ happy parental  glow in seeing “their princesses” actually enjoying a portion of the game their dad’s probably dragged them to, lol :-) 

it gave women who were on the squad an opportunity to do what they enjoyed - which was to entertain in front of THOUSANDS of people. A dream come true for some. Especially people from a small town.

at STH events, AGAIN: seeing the positive effect these cheerleaders had as Role Models for young Jets fans that were girls - and 2 boys that i did observe, lol - who were obsessed in learning how they got to where they were as Cheerleaders for the NY Jets and what it took to get there. It was endearing to see the young eyes widen upon learning the path to realizing a dream that these leaders demonstrated was certainly possible and attainable. 

IMO, a big loss to what contributed to building the Jets FAMILY,as a brand,  in that it attracted an interest to the NY Jets through a different medium of dance/entertainment/performance as opposed through the traditional lenses of football the sport. 

PS - and that was probably more attractive to retain the interest/loyalty of the youngins’ exposed to what has not been Pro-caliber football ON THE FIELD, lol?

• Upvote 1

200.gif

Thank Daniel Snyder.
Half-naked objectified Women and Alpha Males worth $Millions are a lawsuit ready to happen
If a woman wants to be objectified , choosing to work as an object of desire, males ogle them ... is there any thing wrong with that ?? Someone explain it to me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ah, come on.  No one is forcing those ladies to objectify themselves.  It’s actually a fierce competition to get chosen. 
This isn’t sexually abused strippers paying for their meth habit.

That's a good point.  Also.  What about the players ??? Are they not objectified as well ??? Tune in to see big, powerful and fast men compete in an extremely physical contact sport at the very highest level. And by the way, these performers work themselves to the extreme in order to achieve the physicality that is needed (BECTON ???) to carry out this extreme work.  And, they are just faceless machines that we ogle as they lay each other out.

Seems there is a lesson in there, somewhere. 

And another question.

Will cheerleaders potentially have their brains turned to pudding or the bodies decimated after three years of waving pom-poms and displaying their assets ???

• Sympathy 1