Jets get rid of cheerleaders, no more Flight Crew

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

FYI - There is some evidence to support this, but no causal factors have been reliably able to be identified.  Your news channels take this data, don't share the fact that many researchers hypothesize this may just be a blip, and tie it to their political political positions without any actual merit.  The most reliable data seems to be that sex is down because relationships are largely down.  Contrary to the "pussification of America/the American male" narrative, the more dramatic decline in sexuality is amongst women, and in general, the decline is non-existent in the educated.

There's also the issue of birthrates being down, and that, as far as I remember, was more reliably tied to possible political issues like the significant decreases in the affordability of having children.  For young people now vs. in previous generations.

My kids are 16 and 22 and the general idea with their peers is “why on earth would you bring a child into this world?” and it’s super sad. 

16 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Sad that they feel that way or sad that they're kinda right?

Ouch. Lol. Both. Top it off with feeling guilty about being in the generation that has known about the problems for decades and here we are. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You’re missing the point…. With the DW & Snyder lawsuits/ investigation The cost of a lawsuit is not worth the little entertainment benefit of the flight crew. 
If I was Woodys lawyers that’s what I would be telling him. 

The old mike pence rule 

7 minutes ago, laurenceofarabia said:

I am disappointed. They add value to the GameDay experience. There should be some replacement for them. And not a cacophony of drumline. And given, that there are many foolish entertainment augmentation, this deletions' effects may be amplified.

Sent from my SM-S908U using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe our best option for getting rid of Fireman Ed once and for all is to have one of you guys hit on him.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, laurenceofarabia said:

I am disappointed. They add value to the GameDay experience. There should be some replacement for them. And not a cacophony of drumline. And given, that there are many foolish entertainment augmentation, this deletions' effects may be amplified.

Sent from my SM-S908U using JetNation.com mobile app

As a replacement for the Flight Crew, Adam Driver's new Burberry ads will run on all MetLife screens during commercial breaks.

9226c564d1e103b1284d73259860e511a37082f7

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is he available to play Middle LB?

Right.  The dude is ripped.  

As I'm always gushing over (no pun) Sydney Sweeney or some other chick, I sent my wife a bunch of Driver's Burberry photos earlier.  Needless to say, she was overjoyed.  She and her sisters love them some Adam Driver.

Gotta love the people down with them losing their jobs. Buncha white knighting clowns. I realize they don't get paid a lot but you don't think this helps on a resume or when they open their own dance studios (which they do)? Such heroes you all are. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

Instead of cheerleaders Let’s get the “Flying Lawn Mower” back for entertainment 

I never attended a game at shea but heard about this. 
how the hell did they do it? How high off the ground?

they would never allow it today so how about the frisbee catching dogs?

58 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I never attended a game at shea but heard about this. 
how the hell did they do it? How high off the ground?

they would never allow it today so how about the frisbee catching dogs?

Trot. No quite sure how they did it but if I remember correctly this was some random guy that built this contraption in his garage. Don’t think it was that high off the ground maaaaaaybe 50-75 feet if that. Came crashing down behind the third base dugout about 10-15 rows up in the field level box seats ultimately killed some poor fan 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Trot. No quite sure how they did it but if I remember correctly this was some random guy that built this contraption in his garage. Don’t think it was that high off the ground maaaaaaybe 50-75 feet if that. Came crashing down behind the third base dugout about 10-15 rows up in the field level box seats ultimately killed some poor fan 

Appreciate the info.

tragic that someone passed away simply attending a game.

36 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Appreciate the info.

tragic that someone passed away simply attending a game.

Sure was. Needless to say was very sad to read about it in the paper the following day. 
If I remember correctly the next home game was the frisbee catching dog. Quite a bit safer for the fans 

I always thought it was cool the Jets never had cheerleaders.  Now it's a lousy way to treat the women this year and could have been handled better, but aside from these ladies ruthlessly pitting themselves against each other for a horrible gig that pays no money, getting perved on for 'development' never seemed like a positive step in any real career path to me anyway.

edit- I see the reference for opening a dance studio or the like and I do get that, but the Knicks gig is better than this easily and it's not like there aren't other jobs in NY for ladies who look nice and can dance in front of a crowd in a costume, so they won't go hungry all the sudden.

15 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Gotta love the people down with them losing their jobs. Buncha white knighting clowns. I realize they don't get paid a lot but you don't think this helps on a resume or when they open their own dance studios (which they do)? Such heroes you all are. 

Exactly!  These jobs absolutely open doors.  I'm sure telling someone that you were an NFL cheerleader is a big deal.  It's like proof that you've been vetted as a very talented dancer (at a minimum).

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Easy to say "start their own league" but we all know how that goes down. See: WNBA. No one shows. The NFL gives them a nice platform. Maybe it sparks one kid's interest who would otherwise had no exposure. And it costs nothing to the league, or the fans. No one makes you look. You can still just focus on football if that's what you want to do.

I wasn't a fan of the idea when it started. And frankly, I don't care that there are people out there that enjoy it for "creepy" reasons. If they want to go home and rub one out, whatever. As for the Snyders of the world, eliminating cheer is a form of punishment to the victims. Address the root cause. Harassment doesn't exist because cheerleading exists. It's because a-hole men exist. I'm on board for the very different discussion that is what Dan Synder got away with. Its simple to say, well, just limit the risk. No. Seek to eliminate it, so that people can dance in public if thats what they want to do. Practically speaking, less opportunity to expose the creeps of the NFL only serves to obscure their existence. Ferret them all out, and make them feel pain, publicly.

I just don't understand the "It doesn't appeal to me, so let's get rid of it" mentality that 90% of the world seems to be on board with these days. Cheerleading does you zero harm, but it does provide benefit to the people that willingly choose to participate in it. In fact, to do so, these women have to put in work while also dealing with not only the creeps, but also the men that dismiss and characterize their work as "merely T&A". Neither viewpoint is respectful. 

Personally, it was nice when I could pull my daughter in, who would otherwise have zero interest in a Jets game, because she really enjoyed watching their routines. Just seems like when stuff like this goes away, it should be because of market force, not because "dudes can't behave"

Great post.  Love it.  One of my very favorite viral videos of the past few years is the Cheer Dad guy who does his daughters routine in the stands are her High School games.  It's awesome.  Does his/her joy and passion for this just suddenly end?  Ofcourse not, I'm sure this father would be over the moon if his daughter made a professional team.

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

As a replacement for the Flight Crew, Adam Driver's new Burberry ads will run on all MetLife screens during commercial breaks.

9226c564d1e103b1284d73259860e511a37082f7

What a beautiful, majestic animal; galloping powerfully, yet so gracefully. What I wouldn't give to ride that thing on the beach all day long. Afterwards we'd cool off together in the surf in the late afternoon, followed by laying lazily in the warm sand and watch the sunset while I brush that flowing mane and offer sugar cubes from my palm.

That horse is pretty cool, too.

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Right.  The dude is ripped.  

As I'm always gushing over (no pun) Sydney Sweeney or some other chick, I sent my wife a bunch of Driver's Burberry photos earlier.  Needless to say, she was overjoyed.  She and her sisters love them some Adam Driver.

He Driver mad, huh?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

My opinion is that cheerleaders are not needed nor desired for a professional level sports product.  

Same as Fight Songs.

Same as Team Marching Bands.

Same as Male Clowns.

Anything else is secondary or tertiary in terms of my personal opinion.  

What's your opinion on the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets chant?

Do you sit during the wave? 

lol

Easy to say "start their own league" but we all know how that goes down. See: WNBA. No one shows. The NFL gives them a nice platform. Maybe it sparks one kid's interest who would otherwise had no exposure. And it costs nothing to the league, or the fans. No one makes you look. You can still just focus on football if that's what you want to do.
I wasn't a fan of the idea when it started. And frankly, I don't care that there are people out there that enjoy it for "creepy" reasons. If they want to go home and rub one out, whatever. As for the Snyders of the world, eliminating cheer is a form of punishment to the victims. Address the root cause. Harassment doesn't exist because cheerleading exists. It's because a-hole men exist. I'm on board for the very different discussion that is what Dan Synder got away with. Its simple to say, well, just limit the risk. No. Seek to eliminate it, so that people can dance in public if thats what they want to do. Practically speaking, less opportunity to expose the creeps of the NFL only serves to obscure their existence. Ferret them all out, and make them feel pain, publicly.
I just don't understand the "It doesn't appeal to me, so let's get rid of it" mentality that 90% of the world seems to be on board with these days. Cheerleading does you zero harm, but it does provide benefit to the people that willingly choose to participate in it. In fact, to do so, these women have to put in work while also dealing with not only the creeps, but also the men that dismiss and characterize their work as "merely T&A". Neither viewpoint is respectful. 
Personally, it was nice when I could pull my daughter in, who would otherwise have zero interest in a Jets game, because she really enjoyed watching their routines. Just seems like when stuff like this goes away, it should be because of market force, not because "dudes can't behave"
Upvoted your post because it was considered and well written ... I'd buy it if NFL cheerleaders weren't decked out as sexy as ****.

It's not like they are competing in athletic cheering.... their purpose is to enhance a fun exciting environment.

Dont you think part of their purpose is to appear as beautiful eye candy ... I can provide more than a plethora of examples for you if needed.

The dance skills are the secondary purpose ... watch The Replacements for a comical but slightly accurate lampooning of NFL cheerleading.

It's really not an argument at all ... just stating my opinion that it's part of the concept... probably moreso than the idea that their purpose to provide aspiring cheerleaders role models because of their athletic prowess.

Maybe this repressed new world has moved on from the concept and if so fine ... it's sad... but I'm good with them retiring. Maybe sports illustrated should follow suit and kill their annual swimsuit edition.

Bottom line sex sells.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Upvoted your post because it was considered and well written ... I'd buy it if NFL cheerleaders weren't decked out as sexy as ****.

It's not like they are competing in athletic cheering.... their purpose is to enhance a fun exciting environment.

Dont you think part of their purpose is to appear as beautiful eye candy ... I can provide more than a plethora of examples for you if needed.

The dance skills are the secondary purpose ... watch The Replacements for a comical but slightly accurate lampooning of NFL cheerleading.

It's really not an argument at all ... just stating my opinion that it's part of the concept... probably moreso than the idea that their purpose to provide aspiring cheerleaders role models because of their athletic prowess.

Maybe this repressed new world has moved on from the concept and if so fine ... it's sad... but I'm good with them retiring. Maybe sports illustrated should follow suit and kill their annual swimsuit edition.

Bottom line sex sells.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

How would you like the cheerleaders to dress?  Jeans and a tshirt?  How many women do you know that dont enjoy looking good and feeling sexy?  

• Upvote 1