Jets get rid of cheerleaders, no more Flight Crew

The real issue with Cheerleading is the massive number of injuries to young girls and the money making scam that is "amateur" cheeleading competitions.  They get no protections because "Cheerleading isn't a sport, it's leading cheers for another sport".  Fascinating documentary on it probably 20 years ago now.  How all the different companies- Varsity was one I remember, are all actually just different signs on the same building- if you know what I mean.

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, Green Ghost said:

(Not taking sides here, or looking to upset anyone)

I personally didn’t care one way or the other but maybe the response to the Carolina Panther situation(?) has a lot of teams wondering if it’s worth the headache?

Pretty good take. Like many new restaurants, no mens/ladies rooms.   All neutral bathrooms.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, JetPotato said:

It's degrading... IN YOUR OPINION.

That's why.

Degrading?  I mean holy sh*t. The progressive wokeness infiltrating our society is just ridiculous.

- Nothing wrong with cheerleaders.
- I agree they should be protected as a business and as individual contributors
- There is nothing degrading about it. The women are quite proud of their abilities and beauty and get to show it off doing something they enjoy doing. It is done in the spirit of sport, and if they want to compete outside of cheering for another sport, all the power to them.
- My daughter did it, she wasn't the greatest, but it taught her to work hard, fit in, compete with her peers, overcome adversity, all the very same things all kids have to learn growing up, and what sport provides for them in that development.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Is it hypocritical if the Jets bring back those Flag Boys?  Especially the chubby one? We all loved them trot across the field with those giant Jets flags, amirite?

I realize you are not suggesting they do this but dear Lord no.

we had them, the drum line and sweet Caroline (during the Rex years).

I would literally sit in my seat and cringe.

prefer the cheerleaders but understand why they did it. Now just get rid of the ridiculous nonsense they do during the game and focus on football.