OT .. we need at least one more

Dunnie

Going to suggest that Becton in a knee brace is a story we’ll be hearing a lot more about in the weeks ahead. Dude went from the couch to a crash diet to the practice field in the span of forty days and that’s going to take its toll on a man that size. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've read the thread.   Here's how it went:

Dunnie - man, we dont have depth past Becton/Fant, if ones goes down Zach could struggle. 

Cowbell - here are 2 names. 

JiF - here is another name

Cowbell - I've never heard this name so he doesnt have a shot

JiF - he's the 4th round pick

Cowbell - read the thread.

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

The guy I want to see this preseason is Grant Hermanns , the UDFA from a year ago out of Purdue. They seem to like him from some of the stuff I have read.  Huge guy. Think he was on PS last year. 

Ideal world, that is what you want.  Young guys who you develop who can step in and give you decent play if a starter goes down.  Guys who may eventually be able to start.  Whether that is Hermanns or Edoga or Mitchell or someone else on the roster -- these are the guys who need to step up when given a chance.

Although I still would not be surprised if we bring in a vet backup tackle after cut down day.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've read the thread.   Here's how it went:

Dunnie - man, we dont have depth past Becton/Fant, if ones goes down Zach could struggle. 

Cowbell - here are 2 names. 

JiF - here is another name

Cowbell - I've never heard this name so he doesnt have a shot

JiF - he's the 4th round pick

Cowbell - read the thread.

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Ok, the answer is, you can't  read English. 

Here is what I wrote

"If he had a shot. You would be hearing something by now out of camp". How you gleaned I never heard of Mitchell from this sentence clearly show you don't  know how to read. 

Here is how a person who knows how to read English  (or American, you can take your pick) would comprehend that

Camp had been going on. We are hearing all kinds of things about players. We have heard about Becton, Fant, Edoga, and McDermott.  Nothing about Mitchell. Now you might say we have not heard about AVT or Laklin, but they are going to be starters. Max is a rookie and if a rookie is pushing a vet like Edoga and McDermott, you would hear about it. 

See if you can figure out the rest on your own. 

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, the answer is, you can't  read English. 

Here is what I wrote

"If he had a shot. You would be hearing something by now out of camp". How you gleaned I never heard of Mitchell from this sentence clearly show you don't  know how to read. 

Here is how a person who knows how to read English  (or American, you can take your pick) would comprehend that

Camp had been going on. We are hearing all kinds of things about players. We have heard about Becton, Fant, Edoga, and McDermott.  Nothing about Mitchell. Now you might say we have not heard about AVT or Laklin, but they are going to be starters. Max is a rookie and if a rookie is pushing a vet like Edoga and McDermott, you would hear about it. 

See if you can figure out the rest on your own. 

I cant read?!?!?! ruh ruh ruh, really?  omg, is it English or American? ruh ruh ruh wow, you got me!!!  grow up

You said Mitchell didnt have a shot, I asked for clarification, I didnt realize that wasnt allowed.  Now clearly I see that you jumped from general depth which the conversation was about (omg can you read the american!)  to what I'm guessing is your depth chart based off 1 week of preseason updates, that you clearly arent paying attention to at all.  Mitchell was in the rotation with the rest of the gang before he got hurt and Fant came back.  So yeah, we are hearing about it.  And there are 2 T's positions, if both Becton and Fant go down, ofcourse he has shot at playing.

Now apologize for your behavior. 

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I cant read?!?!?! ruh ruh ruh, really?  omg, is it English or American? ruh ruh ruh wow, you got me!!!  grow up

You said Mitchell didnt have a shot, I asked for clarification, I didnt realize that wasnt allowed.  Now clearly I see that you jumped from general depth which the conversation was about (omg can you read the american!)  to what I'm guessing is your depth chart based off 1 week of preseason updates, that you clearly arent paying attention to at all.  Mitchell was in the rotation with the rest of the gang before he got hurt and Fant came back.  So yeah, we are hearing about it.  And there are 2 T's positions, if both Becton and Fant go down, ofcourse he has shot at playing.

Now apologize for your behavior. 

It was a simple sentence a 4 year old could understand and you made a mockery of it. If you can't  take it,  don't  dish it out. 

If he had a shot. You woukd be hearing something by now out of camp

How does this translate  to I never heard of him or he isn't  making the team. Do you understand  what "out of camp" means. We were discussing who backs up so having a shot was in terms of that. That is why I said read the thread instead of pulling conclusions out of your ass.

And if you ever ventured outside of the US, everywhere except here says we speak American. 

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It was a simple sentence a 4 year old could understand and you made a mockery of it. If you can't  take it,  don't  dish it out. 

If he had a shot. You woukd be hearing something by now out of camp

How does this translate  to I never heard of him or he isn't  making the team. Do you understand  what "out of camp" means. We were discussing who backs up so having a shot was in terms of that. That is why I said read the thread instead of pulling conclusions out of your ass.

And if you ever ventured outside of the US, everywhere except here says we speak American. 

This is not an apology. 

14 hours ago, slats said:

I thought the word on Mitchell was that he probably needed a year in an NFL weight room. Developing into that RT would be a best case scenario. I’m not sure that he’s even locked into playing tackle at this point, though. I don’t think he’ll be the #1 backup at OT this year, at all. 

But then again Max is the only Tackle we haven't heard getting beat by any of our pass rushers. Maybe b/c he isn't even out there? I don't know. But like I said, he'll get plenty of play time during our 3 PS games, so we'll all know a lot more pretty soon. I'm sure JD will be watching that position really closely too...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CSNY said:

You might be correct about Peters in zone blocking but isn’t that the same thing we said about Moses last year   These are very good O Tackles who should be able to adapt maybe not to elite levels but levels better than Edoga and McDermott 

Jason Peters is 40 years old. I'm not sure it's the same situation as Moses who was 30.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jason Peters is 40 years old. I'm not sure it's the same situation as Moses who was 30.

Age in my opinion is not really that important in this scenario as the Jets are not building a o line around a 40 year old tackle who’s best days are behind him. Just looking for an upgrade at back up tackle to Edoga and McDermott for one year after which time hopefully Max Mitchell will be able to step in