Scrimmage

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Fant and Lawson where on same pitch count. Notice a Theme there? 

Lawson? The man coming off a major ACL tear? 

You're comparing him to Becton who should have been back 5 weeks after his injury? 

Ok?

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He hasn't shown an ability to make those kind of catches. That is why I am very excited to see what Garrett Wilson adds to this offense. 

And why I think it would be dumb to give up on Mims right now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lawson? The man coming off a major ACL tear? 

You're comparing him to Becton who should have been back 5 weeks after his injury? 

Ok?

If u think it was a 5 week injury thats on u doctor. The point here is to be cautious with all 3 players while getting them ready for week 1. Standard stuff .  Saleh has made that clear.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Just got back.    Zach put up  2 consecutive balls he had no business throwing.  Yeah, he was ok otherwise. But , you just can’t do that as an NFL QB 

Yes he should never make a bad read ever. Not ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Idk about u guys but i friggin HATE corey davis! He sucks!

Just throw wilson in

Ditto for jeff smith. He friggin sucks too! Make room for garret wilson and that tall irvin micheal guy

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

If u think it was a 5 week injury thats on u doctor. The point here is to be cautious with all 3 players while getting them ready for week 1. Standard stuff .  Saleh has made that clear.

Lol keep believing that. 

And it wasnt like I just diagnosed the man through a tv. The Jets themselves told us he would be back in 5 weeks, then 8, then indefinitely. 

Also a thing that happened. After the practice they set up fire works. There was a countdown. The clock hits zero and then they lower the lights and music starts. As that happened someone runs right passed the firework launcher things. Friggin Garrett Wilson decided to run through the closed off area right before the fireworks started going off. 

• WTF? 3

G. Wilson looks smooth for a rookie, but he eventually MUST gain some more weight to last in this league. He’s Really thin and gazelle-like. His built reminded me of Robbie Anderson, but he was so much crisper in his movements than Anderson ever was. 

The W2W TD-Bombs-Factory could be fun to watch in a few years if they develop a nice rapport. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It wasn't.

There are still a handful of people here that are still rooting for Zach to fail.  Not a lot but a small handful.  Not sure if they're trolls or sincere, but that's not the point really..

There no way you can come out of this worried about Zach.  Did he look like Aaron Rodgers no...Did he look light years more comfortable than he did last year.  Absolutely. 

We're looking for progress and it surely seems that progress is there and obvious.

I can buy that Zach looked underwhelming. There was a severe lack of big plays today. Personally, I liked seeing Zach do the repeatable in an effective way. Someone with less interest in that type of football might see that Zach was cautious to the point of disappointment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I can buy that Zach looked underwhelming. There was a severe lack of big plays today. Personally, I liked seeing Zach do the repeatable in an effective way. Someone with less interest in that type of football might see that Zach was cautious to the point of disappointment. 

Would've been lovely if that Garrett Wilson pass was in. That was the big play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach’s trying to process faster and trust his eyes.  

I expect more boneheaded mistakes than you want from a FQB, but with progress overall.  If he speeds up the timeline, great.  

I think the processing will come with Zach - the biggest concern I have with ZW is accuracy - and maybe those two are tied together - but still - he seemed to be mostly accurate tonight and that made me feel much more comfortable.

He surely needs to be better if he wants to be a legit FQB - but I felt really good about tonight (at least from what heard - part of this is silly as I haven't seen any of it)

• Upvote 2