Scrimmage

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Davis should have caught that, however, the ball gets there late and is behind him. That's not all on Davis. 

Zach threw it to the soft spot in the zone. If he throws it out front, Zach leads Davis into a closing defender. Zach put the ball in the right spot. Davis can’t catch. Which unfortunately is not new. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm sorry but this is just a retarded take on that. the damn ball hit him right in the hands and chest. that is 100% all on corey davis. that is never a ball an nfl receiver should drop.....like EVER!!! trying to blame that on wilson is just ridiculous

He sat him down in the zone perfectly.  Maury wants him led to the safety to get his head taken off. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I knew one of you was going to say this, lol.

The ball was perfect.  He stopped him leading into the safety that was waiting for him two yards to the right. 

the rules for this are simple. ball hits you in both hands......you better catch the ball. if you dont catch a ball that hits you in both hands then its your fault and no one elses. thats it

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Davis should have caught that, however, the ball gets there late and is behind him. The QB needs to start releasing that when Davis gets to the top of his stem. That's not all on Davis. It is difficult to allocate blame on "drops" if you can't watch the play. 

I see you already got a million responses so I won’t pile on, but that’s not what I see on this one.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here’s the Davis drop.  Yeah that’s a bad drop.

Davis doing his normal … no surprise 

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Jamarr Chase dropped so many balls in preseason last year that he should have had to return his signing bonus. How did that work out. It's a scrimmage for Pete's sake.

Different with a rookie and a guy like Davis. This is Corey Davis. If you need further explanation I can’t help you. Years of Davis doing this

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t agree with that here.  He’s got LBs underneath and has to put the ball beyond them without leading him to the safety.  

/fits the ball in between the coverage and hits the receiver in the hands with pass.....

"thats zach wilson's fault for not throwing an even better pass,", lol

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Davis should have caught that, however, the ball gets there late and is behind him. The QB needs to start releasing that when Davis gets to the top of his stem. That's not all on Davis. It is difficult to allocate blame on "drops" if you can't watch the play. 

Zac put that where he did to protect the ball and the player from the safety coming from the right of the screen.    Davis has to catch that ball every time

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I can buy that Zach looked underwhelming. There was a severe lack of big plays today. Personally, I liked seeing Zach do the repeatable in an effective way. Someone with less interest in that type of football might see that Zach was cautious to the point of disappointment. 

I suspect that he was cautious to the point of following his coaches’ instruction. If/when the easy stuff becomes second nature, the big plays will come. The sooner they get him to that point, the better for him and the whole team. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

/fits the ball in between the coverage and hits the receiver in the hands with pass.....

"thats zach wilson's fault for not throwing an even better pass,", lol

You knew it was coming. 

The group is sad and pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I can buy that Zach looked underwhelming. There was a severe lack of big plays today. Personally, I liked seeing Zach do the repeatable in an effective way. Someone with less interest in that type of football might see that Zach was cautious to the point of disappointment. 

a few of the big plays were dropped. zach looked pretty decent. man this forum is full of defeatists

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this.  Maury doesn’t need me sticking up for him, but he knows his stuff.  Just because he sees a play differently doesn’t mean he’s a hater or wrong.  

Maury absolutely knows his stuff, but it was a bad take. 

Could it have been throw with slightly more anticipation?

Yes.

He still started the throw as the receiver was coming out of his cut.  He didn't wait for him to completely open up.  What if the corner decides to break to the inside and Zach threw it a beat earlier?  Now it's a bad pick.

Davis's job is to sit down in the opening and the ball him him square in the chest. 

The play was perfect. 

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Fant was on a snap count too.   Why isn’t he being criticized?   Lawson too

Lawson is 27 years old and had a major ACL tear that takes roughly a calendar year to come back from.So it's understandable. 

George Fant is 30 years old with a history of injury. So its understandable.

Mekhi Becton is 23 years old coming off an injury that he should have been back from by the halfway point of last season (Per the Jets themselves). So a pitch count a year after this injury is not understandable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was 14-19 with an INT. It’s mathematically impossible that there were five drops

I know of these incompletions:

1 pick

1 bad throw before the pick

1 Wilson to Wilson that didn't get his feet down in the corner

1 Davis drop (I thought I read two in the tweets) 

1 Moore drop

1 Smith drop

1 Barrios (might've been overruled)

I don't think 14-19 is accurate. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, slats said:

This is the only guy, imho, that Mims needs to beat out to get on the field. If Mims can catch consistently in practice while Davis drops passes in game situations, Mims can get past him. 

He's already in JD's plans in 2023 when they dump Davis. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was 14-19 with an INT. It’s mathematically impossible that there were five drops

Rosenblatt has it as 12-19 with four drops:

“All told, Wilson was 12-of-19 for 100 yards, one touchdown, one interception and 24 rushing yards. The four drops: Moore, Davis, Smith and Berrios. (Saleh attributed the drops to “depth perception”, an issue of playing at MetLife for the first time after spending all offseason at the Jets facility.)”

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this.  Maury doesn’t need me sticking up for him, but he knows his stuff.  Just because he sees a play differently doesn’t mean he’s a hater or wrong.  

He is wrong on this one. Look at the play from this angle. It was a perfect throw. Whitehead was driving on it and would have been a very bad decision if he didn't lead to the outside of Davis

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lawson is 27 years old and had a major ACL tear that takes roughly a calendar year to come back from.So it's understandable. 

Mekhi Becton is 23 years old coming off an injury that he should have been back from by the halfway point of last season (Per the Jets themselves). So a pitch count a year after this injury is not understandable. 

Becton had his surgery in September 2021. Fant had his surgery at the end of April. These guys, man.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's practice.

Coach already said he's going to be super cautious with everyone after the rash of injuries last year.  

I know he's tapped out before, but let's see if he does it when it counts.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rosenblatt has it as 12-19 with four drops:

“All told, Wilson was 12-of-19 for 100 yards, one touchdown, one interception and 24 rushing yards. The four drops: Moore, Davis, Smith and Berrios. (Saleh attributed the drops to “depth perception”, an issue of playing at MetLife for the first time after spending all offseason at the Jets facility.)”

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, slats said:

I suspect that he was cautious to the point of following his coaches’ instruction. If/when the easy stuff becomes second nature, the big plays will come. The sooner they get him to that point, the better for him and the whole team. 

I mean, if Davis catches that dropped 20 yards, Wilson keeps both feet in bounds and Moore catches that bomb.....we would all be singing a different tune. 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

i was there. and honestly except for the 2 bad throws at the end zach looked pretty good. made some beautiful throws. there were a number of pretty bad drops by the receivers. like drive killing drops that would have been big plays. also, fwiw, becton played pretty good. and breece hall just looks different.....he might be the best player on the team already. and sauce is going to be very very good

Right.  It's interesting to see all the different perspectives as someone who's just reading this thread and didnt see a second of the practice.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Right.  It's interesting to see all the different perspectives as someone who's just reading this thread and didnt see a second of the practice.

People see what they want to see.

• Upvote 1