Scrimmage

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Fant was on a snap count too.   Why isn’t he being criticized?   Lawson too

lol, when I was reading through, I was like, I dont think these dudes understand what a snap count means

• Haha 3

Just now, Ghost420 said:

The one to Wilson that was just out of bounds was a sick throw and catch. 

I can't see well enough on my phone. Should that have been a td, there was just a rookie lack of toe drag swag?

57 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Davis should have caught that, however, the ball gets there late and is behind him. The QB needs to start releasing that when Davis gets to the top of his stem. That's not all on Davis. It is difficult to allocate blame on "drops" if you can't watch the play. 

We see different things. He waited a little longer to allow some of the congestion to clear up, otherwise the route could have been jumped.

I do agree with your broader point.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Jets were decimated by injuries last season. It was a major topic of discussion on this board and a major topic of discussion at Jets One Drive. They are being hyper-vigilant when it comes to avoiding injuries this year, and I don’t know how anyone can blame them. Becton’s played all of the starting reps in 11-on-11’s in practice. He’s playing. Giving him a rest while letting Michell get some live-ish reps in a scrimmage should not be an indictment of Becton but, of course, it will be to the people who didn’t think he’d ever play another down for the team. 

Agreed.

I want Mitchell in there as much as possible especially with Fans and Ticket's injury history. 

• Upvote 1

I looked it up on PFF and Wilson-to-Davis has been bad. In 2021 alone, Davis dropped six of Wilson’s passes, and four of Wilson’s INTs came on passes intended for Corey Davis. That said, Wilson was a statistically inaccurate passer when throwing down field to his receivers. Even with Elijah Moore, he only completed 3 of the 13 passes he threw to him down the field, which is not great.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It wasn't.

There are still a handful of people here that are still rooting for Zach to fail.  Not a lot but a small handful.  Not sure if they're trolls or sincere, but that's not the point really..

There no way you can come out of this worried about Zach.  Did he look like Aaron Rodgers no...Did he look light years more comfortable than he did last year.  Absolutely. 

We're looking for progress and it surely seems that progress is there and obvious.

Provide data. Not just anecdotal evidence. Otherwise cork it, ffs.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I looked it up on PFF and Wilson-to-Davis has been bad. In 2021 alone, Davis dropped six of Wilson’s passes, and four of Wilson’s INTs came on passes intended for Corey Davis. That said, Wilson was a statistically inaccurate passer when throwing down field to his receivers. Even with Elijah Moore, he only completed 3 of the 13 passes he threw to him down the field, which is not great.

How many of those picks were the first Patriot game?  Feels like he was force feeding a triple covered Davis all day. 

• Upvote 1

One of the bigger “learning” items(imo) from Zach last year that was a big contributor to the fewer turnovers was using his legs to get yards instead of for living throws.  That seems to be continuing and encouraging.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I see you already got a million responses so I won’t pile on, but that’s not what I see on this one.  

363274826_ScreenShot2022-08-07at9_34_04AM.thumb.png.eaf29df45c2c04311d5caf74607d78ea.png

I tried to stop it at the top of the stem as closest as I could. Davis is about to break right and Wilson needs to be starting his throwing motion. He's a tick late which is why the ball is behind Davis. AGAIN Davis should have caught that but the throw is late and behind him. 

@Jimmy 2 Times@Bowles Movement

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Retarded? How about you go f*ck yourself and enjoy the rest of the day. Aside from using that term when you probably have people on the board with special needs family members, are you able to make a post without insuslting someone?

lol. nice try to make the comment into something it wasn't. but ok i'll rephrase it.....the analysis was stupid...feel better now?

37 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lawson is 27 years old and had a major ACL tear that takes roughly a calendar year to come back from.So it's understandable. 

George Fant is 30 years old with a history of injury. So its understandable.

Mekhi Becton is 23 years old coming off an injury that he should have been back from by the halfway point of last season (Per the Jets themselves). So a pitch count a year after this injury is not understandable. 

Lawson is playing like a man possessed, so it doesn’t look like he is limited by his injury.  And it was an Achilles tear not an ACL.

Fant had his knee scoped after the season.   That’s a 6-8 wk recovery.  And his age shouldn’t factor into this at all.

The Jets are clearly taking a conservative tact with their guys, not just Becton.   Not that I expect any of this to change your opinions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

lol. nice try to make the comment into something it wasn't. but ok i'll rephrase it.....the analysis was stupid...feel better now?

You didn't use the word retarded? How about you think before you type something you stupid f*ck. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

363274826_ScreenShot2022-08-07at9_34_04AM.thumb.png.eaf29df45c2c04311d5caf74607d78ea.png

I tried to stop it at the top of the stem as closest as I could. Davis is about to break right and Wilson needs to be starting his throwing motion. He's a tick late which is why the ball is behind Davis. AGAIN Davis should have caught that but the throw is late and behind him. 

I understand exactly what you're saying and in a perfect world, yes the throw was a tick late.

But Imo, he has to make sure the corner sits down.  If he throws it now and the corner breaks in, it's a bad pick. 

He waited half a tick to make the right call. 

You didn't use the word retarded? How about you think before you type something you stupid f*ck. 

i didn't call you any names or personally attack you. i was referring to your analysis of the play, which i found silly at best. and now you're triggered. i'd say you need to grow thicker skin

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Lawson? The man coming off a major ACL tear? 

You're comparing him to Becton who should have been back 5 weeks after his injury? 

Ok?

You know doctors are not infallible, correct? They constantly misdiagnose/ get things wrong. 

In fact, medical malpractice deaths are the leading cause of death in the US - around 10% per year. 

So, when I hear posters bring up the fact that Jets doctors expected Becton back after 5 weeks I roll my eyes. The doctors clearly got it wrong. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, slats said:

Jets were decimated by injuries last season. It was a major topic of discussion on this board and a major topic of discussion at Jets One Drive. They are being hyper-vigilant when it comes to avoiding injuries this year, and I don’t know how anyone can blame them. Becton’s played all of the starting reps in 11-on-11’s in practice. He’s playing. Giving him a rest while letting Michell get some live-ish reps in a scrimmage should not be an indictment of Becton but, of course, it will be to the people who didn’t think he’d ever play another down for the team. 

Mitchell was playing because McDermott  sustained an ankle injury. Both Becton and Fant are being rested as much as possible due to their knees. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I understand exactly what you're saying and in a perfect world, yes the throw was a tick late.

But Imo, he has to make sure the corner sits down.  If he throws it now and the corner breaks in, it's a bad pick. 

He waited half a tick to make the right call. 

Ok, we will agree to disagree on this one. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i didn't call you any names or personally attack you. i was referring to your analysis of the play, which i found silly at best. and now you're triggered. i'd say you need to grow thicker skin

I'd say you need to grow up, acknowledge you used a highly offensive term and apologize instead of doubling down and trying to justify your behavior. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@Jimmy 2 Times@Bowles Movement

This will hopefully show the coaching staff what many on the site were saying this past week. Zach needs more reps in practice with his WR's. He has to feel his guys making their break and they in turn need to know that the ball will be there on time.  

• Upvote 1

I'd say you need to grow up, acknowledge you used a highly offensive term and apologize instead of doubling down and trying to justify your behavior. 

i have a better idea. you might want to do a forum search for that word and others and then go personally attack everyone who used them like you just did me. you know since you are crusading over here.
or just accept that i think your analysis was stupid and move on. or even better....block me. who gives a sh*t

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Conklin was a JAG tight end and now is dominating in camp this year.  When you go from JAG to dominating, that is surprising.

Conklin was having a huge breakout year last year before getting hurt...  Wtf are you talking about

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

i have a better idea. you might want to do a forum search for that word and others and then go personally attack everyone who used them like you just did me. you know since you are crusading over here.
or just accept that i think your analysis was stupid and move on. or even better....block me. who gives a sh*t

Ah, now we are on to the "everyone else does it, so I can too" part of the argument. I actually did block you already douchebag. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, maury77 said:

Ah, now we are on to the "everyone else does it, so I can too" part of the argument. I actually did block you already douchebag. 

sweet. now i won't have to read anymore of your bad analysis and pretend outrage

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

Zach threw it to the soft spot in the zone. If he throws it out front, Zach leads Davis into a closing defender. Zach put the ball in the right spot. Davis can’t catch. Which unfortunately is not new. 

The location is fine, that isn't my point. My point is that it was thrown late. If he puts it in the same exact spot as Davis is coming out, Davis (assuming he catches the ball) would then be able to pick up another 5-10 yards of YAC. 

Its ok to allocate blame to more than 1 player on a given play.